or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1448  

post #21706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

Seriously not for me, but maybe someone else here would be interested:

Indy boots, marble colored suede

$315, sizes 8 & 9.5 only

http://www.tresbienshop.com/brand/alden/indy-boot-suede-marble

fwiw, they also have shell toe cordovan black (size 9 only) & #8 (size 7 only) on sale, too: $417.50

 

 

 


Wow how did I miss that? It wasn't on their sale originally was it?
post #21707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

Seriously not for me, but maybe someone else here would be interested:

Indy boots, marble colored suede

$315, sizes 8 & 9.5 only

http://www.tresbienshop.com/brand/alden/indy-boot-suede-marble

fwiw, they also have shell toe cordovan black (size 9 only) & #8 (size 7 only) on sale, too: $417.50

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Wow how did I miss that? It wasn't on their sale originally was it?

 

I have no idea - it's up there now, though -

plus, non-EU residents get 20% off (I think) - that should make the shell cordovans a great deal, I think
 

 

post #21708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post


I have no idea - it's up there now, though -
plus, non-EU residents get 20% off (I think) - that should make the shell cordovans a great deal, I think

 

Yeah it's 20% off and 2 day shipping from Sweden. Not exactly what I'm looking for but they would have worked especially at that price
post #21709 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Yeah it's 20% off and 2 day shipping from Sweden. Not exactly what I'm looking for but they would have worked especially at that price


I hear you - I was just surprised to see marble-colored Indys; never saw that before.

Also, I couldn't pull off that look :)

post #21710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinklefree View Post

My belief is that this is also the policy of the Shoemart. They will ship everything out as "new" first. Maybe if they get 1-2 returns then they put it on their seconds list. Last year I received color 8 PTB from Shoemart with specks of gold paint on the right top of the toe box. Very visible even from standing. Did not have any issue returning them to Shoemart but it's annoying that it was knowingly shipped like that.

Interesting. I've had those gold specks on a couple of pairs too. I scraped them off and kept the shoes.
post #21711 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Interesting. I've had those gold specks on a couple of pairs too. I scraped them off and kept the shoes.

Bold move. I brushed it but didn't go further than that-- I was too worried about doing damage to the shoes. I do have a speck on the back part of one of my shoes but it doesn't bother me.

When you say you scraped them off, what did you use? fingernail?
post #21712 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Interesting. I've had those gold specks on a couple of pairs too. I scraped them off and kept the shoes.

I think the gold imperfections come from Horween actually. I had a pair of cordovan black AE Leeds with the same issue. I returned them but do realize the thing about cordovan is that different parts of it can take dyes differently which can yield color variances in places, etc.
post #21713 of 122416
Could the gold specks be coming from the Alden box or tissue paper they wrap the new shoes in?
post #21714 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

Could the gold specks be coming from the Alden box or tissue paper they wrap the new shoes in?

In my case, with the Leeds, they were not specs but actually bands of what looked almost like gold spray paint underneath the black dye. It was definitely inside the leather under the dye or something like that.
post #21715 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinklefree View Post

Bold move. I brushed it but didn't go further than that-- I was too worried about doing damage to the shoes. I do have a speck on the back part of one of my shoes but it doesn't bother me.
When you say you scraped them off, what did you use? fingernail?

I was very, and by very, I mean VERY, careful and used a razor blade.
post #21716 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I was very, and by very, I mean VERY, careful and used a razor blade.

Damn, steady hands!

I think the specks might have been from the stamping of the logo on heel with a little splatter. I've seen the specks on the back of a shoe before but this time it was 3 and all on the toe box.
post #21717 of 122416
Looking into buying natural chromexcel ptb from shoemart. Can anyone describe the difference in fit between truebalance and modified? It looks like modified is tighter around the middle part of the foot.

Thanks
post #21718 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


great shine on your good looking ravello chukkas.
i would go with the ptb

 

Thank you, they were well taken care of.  Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going with PTB.

post #21719 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful View Post

Sadly, it looks as though there still may be a missing perforation. Maybe Alden does it to see if anyone will actually ever notice other than the shoe geeks that frequent this thread.

I have three pairs of LWB's, they all have that missing perf's. I think the die that was used to punch the uppers was damaged/worn. Somebody at the factory should get that repaired/replaced.

BTW the stock photos at TheShoeMart web site of various LWB's also feature that infamous missing perf. (97891 / 97873 / 97720).
post #21720 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

Looking into buying natural chromexcel ptb from shoemart. Can anyone describe the difference in fit between truebalance and modified? It looks like modified is tighter around the middle part of the foot.
Thanks

Yeah modified has a much more pinched midfoot and heel, which is why a lot of people like it. Read about it here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/234635/alden-modified-last-if-you-wear-or-are-interested-please-read
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.