or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1440  

post #21586 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Any place to get calfskin black alden boots?


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post



mouldedshoe.com - they have punched caps, medallion caps and straight cap boots, all on modified lasts


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post


 


Forgot to mention: Leather Soul is doing a preorder right now on their collaboration with Self Edge- it's on a TruBalance last, $495, limited edition - see "Tom's Blog" on LS's website for a pic

 

 

 




and try Blackbird: http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alden_Mens.html

post #21587 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

New today, #8 plain toe boot, Truebalance last, commando sole. Sort of an Indy minus a some stitching. Quite happy with the the look and the prospect of using them in circumstances in which I wouldn't use leather soles.
265412392

Beautiful boots!  Wear them in good health.
 

 

post #21588 of 122416

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Any place to get calfskin black alden boots?


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post



mouldedshoe.com - they have punched caps, medallion caps and straight cap boots, all on modified lasts


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post


 


Forgot to mention: Leather Soul is doing a preorder right now on their collaboration with Self Edge- it's on a TruBalance last, $495, limited edition - see "Tom's Blog" on LS's website for a pic

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post


 


 




and try Blackbird: http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alden_Mens.html


Last one, I swear: also try Alden of Carmel - http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Black_High_Boot_214.htm

 

post #21589 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

New today, #8 plain toe boot, Truebalance last, commando sole. Sort of an Indy minus a some stitching. Quite happy with the the look and the prospect of using them in circumstances in which I wouldn't use leather soles.
265412392

Nice pair! I think we got the same boots. I really love mine biggrin.gif

233
Edited by MR_Song - 1/17/12 at 2:56pm
post #21590 of 122416
anyone have any pictures of the 9073 in the wild?
post #21591 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post

J Crew is coming out with pebble grain wingtip (Tobacco color) Alden with red brick sole (in may) and I was wondering what you guys think of them.
alden shoe.jpg 26k .jpg file
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudshift View Post

Here ya go.
495

I like them A LOT. I swear to god, thisthread makes me spend every dime I don't have....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Anybody have fit photos of the AF92?
Trying to see how dressy they can look, although my main use would be casual wear.
AF92_3.JPG

I wear my LWBs with suits so maybe I'm not the right one to comment, but to me those can be dressed up pretty easily. As for your 9ers, Eli and Co will dress them up pretty nicely this weekend...ROLL BIG BLUE!
post #21592 of 122416
Winn Perry Little Tanks
ca86c4e3.jpg
post #21593 of 122416
There's nothing like a brand new never been worn pair of Aldens:


233
post #21594 of 122416
Yet another GREAT quality control job by Alden! I ordered a pair of whiskey LWBs. Size 10.5. The box they came in was marked 10.5, but the shoes themselves were 11s!

263

Wait, there's more: The area at the base of the thing where the laces are is all scuffed up; the finish actually is worn away.

263

But we're not done yet. Not only is the center perf not punched out, but there's this black goo all over the toebox that (a) won't come off; and (b) hides the shine and luster of the shell.

263

Luckily, theshoemart's being cool about it and allowing the return and exchange. Any bets as to whether the replacement pair will be of the quality one expects for a $700 pair of shoes? I give it 50/50 odds.

-Erik
post #21595 of 122416
^ Don't forget the missing perf hole on the outside of the right shoe teacha.gif
post #21596 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecox View Post

Luckily, theshoemart's being cool about it and allowing the return and exchange. Any bets as to whether the replacement pair will be of the quality one expects for a $700 pair of shoes? I give it 50/50 odds.
-Erik

There's nothing "cool" about letting you take those shoes back. They'd be looking at a charge back if they didn't.
post #21597 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecox View Post

Yet another GREAT quality control job by Alden! I ordered a pair of whiskey LWBs. Size 10.5. The box they came in was marked 10.5, but the shoes themselves were 11s!
263
Wait, there's more: The area at the base of the thing where the laces are is all scuffed up; the finish actually is worn away.
263
But we're not done yet. Not only is the center perf not punched out, but there's this black goo all over the toebox that (a) won't come off; and (b) hides the shine and luster of the shell.
263
Luckily, theshoemart's being cool about it and allowing the return and exchange. Any bets as to whether the replacement pair will be of the quality one expects for a $700 pair of shoes? I give it 50/50 odds.
-Erik

Wow that is brutal. Usually I roll my eyes at some of the Q/C pics that people post. Like a small stain INSIDE the shoe. But there is no reason why a $700 shoe looking like that should be allowed to leave the factory.
post #21598 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecox View Post

Yet another GREAT quality control job by Alden! I ordered a pair of whiskey LWBs. Size 10.5. The box they came in was marked 10.5, but the shoes themselves were 11s!
263
Wait, there's more: The area at the base of the thing where the laces are is all scuffed up; the finish actually is worn away.
263
But we're not done yet. Not only is the center perf not punched out, but there's this black goo all over the toebox that (a) won't come off; and (b) hides the shine and luster of the shell.
263
Luckily, theshoemart's being cool about it and allowing the return and exchange. Any bets as to whether the replacement pair will be of the quality one expects for a $700 pair of shoes? I give it 50/50 odds.
-Erik

Wow that is brutal. Usually I roll my eyes at some of the Q/C pics that people post. Like a small stain INSIDE the shoe. But there is no reason why a $700 shoe looking like that should be allowed to leave the factory.


Ditto that... In fact any shoe, at any price shouldn't be allowed the leave the factory looking like that, and with the wrong size shoes in them!

 

post #21599 of 122416
The wrong size thing is inexcusable. However, why can't people wrap their heads around the fact that Alden clearly doesn't care about the other issues? If they did, they wouldn't let shoes with defects leave the factory. It's a hard concept to accept as a consumer who wants to buy their product. People have bitched about their quality control for years and it hasn't made a difference. I think it hurts their reputation, but it's their decision to make. I had a pair of whiskey LWBs with almost the same issues. I pried the plugs out from the punch holes, brushed the crap out of them to get the polish off the toe, and even used a push-pin to create one of the now iconic missed brogue holes. I guess I could've returned them rather than going through the trouble, but the odds are good I would've gotten a replacement pair with the same or different problems. Bottom line, if you want to buy Aldens the way they're currently produced, you need to be willing to accept imperfections. If you're not willing to do that, there are other brands in the same ballpark that do a better job.

What really sucks is when you get a pair of special make-ups with bad defects, especially if you love the shoes. Then you're forced to make a decision about whether to live with it or return them with the possibility of never seeing that model again. The LAST thing I would do is take Alden up on their offer of returning them for repair thanks to some of the butcher jobs I've seen. Unfortunately, I'm currently in that situation. I wore a new pair twice and the inside of the heel is tearing out. Maybe I've had too much of Alden's Kool-Aid, but I'm keeping them and will take them to a reputable cobbler when the hole gets worse.
post #21600 of 122416

I need some help with sizing on the Indy boots. I'm aware that they fit a half size large, but I was wandering if someone could help me out with the heel to toe measurements in the size 11.5 and 11? My shoe size differentiates between an a UK10 and a UK11, depending on the manufacturer, and I'm a D width across the board. This will be my first pair of Alden's and I'd prefer to nail the sizing first time, because, ordering from Scotland, sending these back for an exchange will be expensive and time consuming. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.