or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1438  

post #21556 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful View Post

The holes are there, they are just covered on the ones you looked at, as they are supposed to be, by the leather backing.

These pairs are split right up the back, so now wrap around heel piece, but I know what you're saying.
post #21557 of 122416
If I wear 7.5 in Fiorentini + Baker, what size Indys (Trubalance) should I get?
thanks
post #21558 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

New today, #8 plain toe boot, Truebalance last, commando sole. Sort of an Indy minus a some stitching. Quite happy with the the look and the prospect of using them in circumstances in which I wouldn't use leather soles.
265412392

Where did you get these?
post #21559 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

If I wear 7.5 in Fiorentini + Baker, what size Indys (Trubalance) should I get?
thanks

Probably a 7 but don't get too unhappy if you buy that size and they don't fit.
post #21560 of 122416

I just found it strange that it mainly happened on Tanker.

I do hope that in the future, Alden can change the making process so that the hole can be covered up, at least by the backing maybe? (if possible)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful View Post


The holes are there, they are just covered on the ones you looked at, as they are supposed to be, by the leather backing.


 

post #21561 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie Rog View Post

Where did you get these?

Those are Alden-of-Carmel AF53. So nice.
post #21562 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie Rog View Post

Where did you get these?

Those are Alden-of-Carmel AF53. So nice.

Thanks. That's exactly right, of course. Very pleased these and with AoC so far.
post #21563 of 122416
^ Yeah, those are beauties. How many of us just checked AoC for details icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #21564 of 122416

Would anyone happen to know who might have (or anyone be willing to sell) a size 11  PTB in either the whiskey or ravello?

 

It took me some time to decide on what I wanted only to learn it's not as easy as just deciding!

 

Cheers,
Dave

post #21565 of 122416
J Crew is coming out with pebble grain wingtip (Tobacco color) Alden with red brick sole (in may) and I was wondering what you guys think of them.
alden shoe.jpg 26k .jpg file
post #21566 of 122416
261

Moving storage units today, I decided to stop hauling around boxes for Aldens I will definitely not ever get rid of and tossed all the above. Yikes. I am an Alden-aholic.
post #21567 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post

J Crew is coming out with pebble grain wingtip (Tobacco color) Alden with red brick sole (in may) and I was wondering what you guys think of them.
alden shoe.jpg 26k .jpg file

can u get a better, close-up pic of them? one that preferably isn't a download?
post #21568 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Tide View Post

Would anyone happen to know who might have (or anyone be willing to sell) a size 11  PTB in either the whiskey or ravello?

 

It took me some time to decide on what I wanted only to learn it's not as easy as just deciding!

 

Cheers,
Dave


If you are willing to pay retail, then Alden Madison Ave shows both on its Web site: http://aldenmadisonny.com/SHELL4.html.
post #21569 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post

261
Moving storage units today, I decided to stop hauling around boxes for Aldens I will definitely not ever get rid of and tossed all the above. Yikes. I am an Alden-aholic.


You should put those up ambiguously on eBay as something like "ALDEN CIGAR SHELL WINGTIP BLUCHER BOX ULTRA RARE!" I'm sure people are willing to pay in the hundreds of dollars for the empty box.

post #21570 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

New today, #8 plain toe boot, Truebalance last, commando sole. Sort of an Indy minus a some stitching. Quite happy with the the look and the prospect of using them in circumstances in which I wouldn't use leather soles.
265[

good looking boot, enjoy wearing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.