or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 144  

post #2146 of 122416
It's not a bad idea, I may try it.
post #2147 of 122416
was speaking to alden in nyc on madison ave, they told me you can special order one pair of boots or shoes in any last in pretty much any combo. example colar 8 captoe boots on the barrie last. there is 150 dollar upcharge and the wait is 4 to 8 months. might work for some who want what they want. i would like a brown calf scotchgrain captoe boot on the barrie last. just have to debate if i want to pay an extra 150.

P.S as this time you cannot order any cigar, ravello, or whisky.
post #2148 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
was speaking to alden in nyc on madison ave, they told me you can special order one pair of boots or shoes in any last in pretty much any combo. example colar 8 captoe boots on the barrie last. there is 150 dollar upcharge and the wait is 4 to 8 months. might work for some who want what they want. i would like a brown calf scotchgrain captoe boot on the barrie last. just have to debate if i want to pay an extra 150.

P.S as this time you cannot order any cigar, ravello, or whisky.

Be careful Rick, not any combo...Alden doesn't approve every style. Also 4-8 months would be the average timeframe after Alden confirms the order which could take a while, sometimes a few months.
post #2149 of 122416
thanks tom for the extra info, at second glance, might be to much trouble then its worth.
post #2150 of 122416
Holy cow, I just went to the SF Alden shop wearing my 9D shell indys (which seem just a little snug to me) and the SA now has my size pegged at 9EE for both trubalance and barrie. My head is spinning.

It was toward the end of the day but I don't think my feet swell that much.

FYI, the SF shop is now stocking the regular indys with full leather lining. Chromexcel's still haven't arrived. They're telling people March / April but he said they don't know for certain
post #2151 of 122416
I'm headed to the Alden store in DC today. Can't wait to try on the Indy boot and their suede chukka.
post #2152 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
FWIW, I'm dealing with a similar problem with a pair of shell indys in 9D. Everything feels great except for some light but persistant rubbing on the edge of my small outer toe. After about 20 wears, it still hasn't gone away. I've been told that a 9E would probably be too big (the whole volume of the boot increases, not just the relative width) and that if these 9D's don't work out I may need to try either an 8.5EE or a 9.5C. Neither of those options seem attractive, as they would most likely require special ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Holy cow, I just went to the SF Alden shop wearing my 9D shell indys (which seem just a little snug to me) and the SA now has my size pegged at 9EE for both trubalance and barrie. My head is spinning.

It was toward the end of the day but I don't think my feet swell that much.

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Aldens but I think I would have a similar problem. Our feet sound like they are about the same size. Kinda complicates things when trying to order the exclusive Alden makeups that only come in D width, and I haven't had any luck pre-ordering a boot to my liking through LeatherSoul or Winn Perry.

What is the best way to determine the correct Alden size for your feet in the absence of visiting an Alden dealer in person? Would LeatherSoul or another Alden retailer be able to tell sizing from measurements like White's boots?
post #2153 of 122416
I just found a barely worn pair of aldens for really cheap. can anyone tell me what model this is?
post #2154 of 122416
^suggestion: look inside shoe. write down model number. google search. ALT: search theshoemart.com. ALT2: call Alden. These are bal wingtips.
post #2155 of 122416
it's a picture from the seller, sorry for not clarifying. she's going to send me a couple more but the selling price is $75 so I thought I'd find out as much as I could. thanks for your help
post #2156 of 122416
Here's the model, but it was discontinued in brown calf.

http://aldenshoe.com/cat_ane2_904.htm
post #2157 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
Here's the model, but it was discontinued in brown calf.

http://aldenshoe.com/cat_ane2_904.htm

ah, thank you!
I think I'll get 'em. $75 seems to be a steal for a barely worn pair
post #2158 of 122416
Can someone comment on the eyelets of these BB shell wingtips? I'm still learning about such shoes, and believe them to be traditional. But I've seen Aldens without such large eyelets. What's the story behind the large eyelets?

Oh and I'd love some suggestions for what to where these black shell wingtips with. I can see wearhing them with jeans . . . and a variety of dressier odd trousers, but not chinos. Stick to blues and grays with these black shoes, and not tans or browns? What about greens/heather/moss colors?

TIA!

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=
post #2159 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibadiba View Post
ah, thank you!
I think I'll get 'em. $75 seems to be a steal for a barely worn pair

Ppppphhh. Jerk. Haha, j/k. Nice snag. I think everyone who follows this thread is envious of you for that $ 75 steal. Good job man.
post #2160 of 122416
Anyone post this yet?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html

I did a quick search and did not find it mentioned. It is a great shoe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.