or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1356  

post #20326 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

After months of waiting, my new pair of whiskey lwb arrived from the shoemart. While looking over the shoes, I couldn't help but notice this:
263
467
Looks like these are heading back to CT.

confused.gif

Brush it out?

Or am I missing something - looks like its a small scratch that can be filled in with paste wax and buffing
Edited by Alcibiades - 12/28/11 at 1:44pm
post #20327 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

Looks like these are heading back to CT.

Depending on size, I'll purchase them from you at an incredibly slashed price. biggrin.gif

But really, that sucks.
post #20328 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

confused.gif
Brush it out?

I thought that would be the ticket, but this isn't a scratch, more of a shallow cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Depending on size, I'll purchase them from you at an incredibly slashed price. biggrin.gif
But really, that sucks.

I was under the impression that I was the only one in this thread who wears a 10.5 EE in the barrie.
post #20329 of 122416
Pastor, the fact that your wife used the term "long wing" appropriately in a sentence is AWESOME. You're shoe-drobe sounds like mine...lol. Where did you kop the Plaza #8 captoe? My LWB collection includes Ravello, Cigar, Navy Suede, and a vintage #8 from Hanover. I sold my whiskey LWB to finance the Carmina Cordovan Fitzgeralds from Epaulet.

Rents (Renton really, but I was a huge Irving Welsch fan in college), you may want to consider keeping the shoe, as its a rare size and you may have to wait a LONG time for another. If it is a shallow scratch, its something that could happen after just one wear. Unless you think it could potentially become a shoe breaker, I'd keep em, maybe try sending an email to ask for a discount if they don't have a replacement in your size?
post #20330 of 122416
see below
post #20331 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

I thought that would be the ticket, but this isn't a scratch, more of a shallow cut.
.

People get fussy when they pay what they consider to be a lot of moola. That can probably be rubbed and waxed and over time it'll just be a character mark.
post #20332 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

People get fussy when they pay what they consider to be a lot of moola. That can probably be rubbed and waxed and over time it'll just be a character mark.

I have a pair of shoes with a similar mark. It hasn't really disappeared over the fews years I've owned them. The cut doesn't bother me, but I purchased the shoes when Alden shells retailed for $500.
post #20333 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

AT Fore Supply (1) 32oz jar is 14.82 plus 8 dollars shipping FYI

Not sure how you're coming up with $8 shipping rates, but the shoe cream was ordered from Fore Supply. Those of us who do not require 32oz of Venetian cream are willing to pay a bit extra for the plastic containers that Namor will use, the extra shipping cost and possibly (although not likely) some of his time. In any case, thanks for the info.
post #20334 of 122416
..................
post #20335 of 122416

Inserting some pictures  for fun. 

blackalden583.jpg

Indybootrain573.jpgaldensuede chukka.jpg

Alden Suede Captoe.jpg


Edited by dm2703 - 12/28/11 at 4:19pm
post #20336 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmspawn View Post

Not sure how you're coming up with $8 shipping rates, but the shoe cream was ordered from Fore Supply. Those of us who do not require 32oz of Venetian cream are willing to pay a bit extra for the plastic containers that Namor will use, the extra shipping cost and possibly (although not likely) some of his time. In any case, thanks for the info.

Shipped to a business. I wasn't throwing anyone under the bus, I was just saying.... I bought it as well and I am sure the 9.00 is a good price considering he has to supply the jars and things of that nature. I myself would prefer to have the shoe cream last a lifetime, since I don't believe it goes bad and for 22.00 total, why wouldn't U.
post #20337 of 122416
dm2703 has it right, not enough pics:
IMG_6678.jpg
IMG_6683.jpg
IMG_7003.jpg
IMG_7148.jpg
IMG_7886.jpg
IMG_8186.jpg
mail-2.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_1563.jpg
-38.jpg
-6-1.jpg-9-1.jpg
-2-1.jpg
photo-13.jpg
photo-4-4.jpg
photo-4-1.jpg
OK, I'm done...
post #20338 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

After months of waiting, my new pair of whiskey lwb arrived from the shoemart. While looking over the shoes, I couldn't help but notice this:

467

Looks like these are heading back to CT.

They also missed one of the tiny punches (towards bottom left of pic).
post #20339 of 122416

total aside: how do you post pics that big? i insert a picture and even if it's massive it comes out small in the post.

post #20340 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm2703 View Post

total aside: how do you post pics that big? i insert a picture and even if it's massive it comes out small in the post.


Posts beside the sidebar get shrunk.
Posts below the sidebar don't get shrunk as much.
Three cheers for huddler.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.