Lengthwise I'd say same size (for the Indy boot question).
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1297post #19442 of 12241612/11/11 at 9:37pmpost #19443 of 12241612/11/11 at 9:41pmQuote:
the Trubalance last is slightly wider than Barrie but most people wear the same size. if the Barrie is snuggish on you then try the same size, if it's pretty roomy try a half size down on the Trubalancepost #19444 of 12241612/11/11 at 9:48pmpost #19445 of 12241612/12/11 at 2:32amQuote:
I find myself in a similar situation. Normally a 9.5C, I size down one in length and one up in width, so a 9D. This doesn't work for everyone though, as it depends on the shape of your foot. The downside is that once I figured out that the D width worked for me, I promptly found myself the owner of two pairs of ravellos, one pair of cigars, and a couple pairs of #8post #19446 of 12241612/12/11 at 2:55ampost #19447 of 12241612/12/11 at 2:57ampost #19448 of 12241612/12/11 at 4:58ampost #19449 of 12241612/12/11 at 5:15amQuote:
I've found that it is okay (but far from ideal) to do with boots, but shoes will be too loose. I wear an 11C, and have ordered cigar longwings from Alden of Carmel that fit very well, so some special make-ups are available for you.
I used to own a beautiful pair of NSTs in 11D but had to sell them. After they broke in, I couldn't lace them tight enough for my foot even though the uppers met in the middle. Tongue pads didn't really help. I tried to size down to a 10.5D, but that didn't work because the insole was clearly intended for a shorter foot, and the toebox was crowded. After spending (wasting) good money on the wrong width shoes, I finally realized I need C width shoes.
Boots work a little better in an 11D (although still far from ideal) because they can be secured by the ankle. However, I recently had a pair of 11D boots recrafted and relasted to an 11C, and could not be happier with the result --- so much so that I plan on doing it eventually with my other 2 pairs of boots eventually as well.
Long story short: you have a C width foot, and so you need C width shoes.post #19450 of 12241612/12/11 at 6:14am
^ Agreed. Getting used to special ordering Aldens is a good idea. Shoemart does have some stock C widths though.
One good way of getting C width shoes in your size is to sign up for the Shoemart seconds in the proper size/width combinations. Of course, you'll be getting seconds.
EDIT: Number9dream, who do you use to relast your Aldens to C widths? Do you just send back to Alden for recrafting? Also I'd be interested to know how much that costs you and how long it generally takes.post #19451 of 12241612/12/11 at 7:48amQuote:
Really? They're not these ones?
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2009/07/29/alden-shoes-shell-cordovan-jumper-boots/post #19452 of 12241612/12/11 at 7:50ampost #19453 of 12241612/12/11 at 8:03am
Call 800.850.7463 and ask them to be added to the list. The people who would otherwise take your phone order should be able to help you.
You need to specify each size and width you'd like to receive. They send them all out as separate emails. For example, I'm on 10.5D, 10.5E, and 11D, to cover all the bases.post #19454 of 12241612/12/11 at 8:15amQuote:
http://www.theshoemart.com/contact/c-contact_irregular.htmlpost #19455 of 12241612/12/11 at 9:22amselling mine on the 'bay. 9.5 E http://www.ebay.com/itm/120825896956?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 14 seconds ago
- › Florsheim vs. Allen Edmond 23 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 38 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 41 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 41 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina burgundy rain wingtip 9UK 10 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...