or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1237  

post #18541 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

Epaulet Tanker's350x469px-LL-d60105e6_IMG_1324.jpeg

JP, they look great. Much better than on the site, IMO. Enjoy.
post #18542 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbernie View Post


JP, they look great. Much better than on the site, IMO. Enjoy.


I am a BIG fan of NST. I think it adds so much character to the boot!! 

post #18543 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

i second


I third. Shell does not stretch much. What many people call shell stretch, I believe, is actually the loosening of the shoe's footbed that occurs with the break-in of a leather sole. It can make the shoe seem "roomier" as the sole breaks in. In my experience, an Alden double leather sole can take months, if not a year, to break in fully.

 

(Of course, you could also argue that leather never finishes breaking in. It continues to soften and evolve with care and wear.)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H930 View Post

I think the whiskey tanker from Leffot is not barrie as it's a lot more narrow than the PTB #8 that I bought from Blackbird.  I ordered the same size as my usual size with barrie/trubalance last.  Luckily, it still fits me perfectly.

 

Incorrect. It is on the Barrie last as the site indicates. What you are experiencing is a common experience with NST-sewn shoes and boots. Shoes with the NST stitching feel slightly narrower than the comparable plain toe shoe because Alden makes their NSTs from a similarly-lasted plain toe model. I would imagine that this is why Epaulet's natural Chromexcel tanker was made on the Trubalance last.

 

You can see this in Epaulet's Alden video: http://vimeo.com/6997219

 

 

Could be mistaken for Trickers with that welt and eyelets!
 

 

post #18544 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mens gaga View Post

350x467px-LL-efd4fb1a_IMG_0834.jpeg

Gaga, can you share your shine technique? I'm assuming you're using polish to achieve that kind of mirror finish.
post #18545 of 122416
a6934d59-536f-af36.jpg
Ravello Wingtip Boot
post #18546 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post


Incorrect. It is on the Barrie last as the site indicates. What you are experiencing is a common experience with NST-sewn shoes and boots. Shoes with the NST stitching feel slightly narrower than the comparable plain toe shoe because Alden makes their NSTs from a similarly-lasted plain toe model. I would imagine that this is why Epaulet's natural Chromexcel tanker was made on the Trubalance last.

+1. They not only feel slightly narrower, they also measure narrower as well. I have mentioned that the NST on the E width measures narrower at the widest width point than a Longwing or PTB on the D width.
post #18547 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

Epaulet Tanker'sIMG_1324.jpg


Great boots, I just ordered the last pair of 10D yesterday. I had another pair of the "natural" round toe boots I purchased from Shoe Mart - I used a good water proofing (Obenauf's) and the toes on both boots streaked black - after days a letting them sit the marks have not lessened. Does any one know what to use on this "natural" leather?

 

post #18548 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
a6934d59-536f-af36.jpg
Ravello Wingtip Boot

Looks great! Can't wait till Epaulet gets their pre-order of these from Alden...should hopefully be sometime within the next month.
post #18549 of 122416
Thanks. These are from Epaulet's first run.
post #18550 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

+1. They not only feel slightly narrower, they also measure narrower as well. I have mentioned that the NST on the E width measures narrower at the widest width point than a Longwing or PTB on the D width.

 

Interesting! Good to know. Perhaps I'll consider a Barrie NST in the future. I usually wear a 10D or (preferably) 10.5C on the Barrie, and a 10.5D in Aberdeen, so I can take narrower shoes, although Aberdeen NSTs do look nicer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

a6934d59-536f-af36.jpg

 

Ravello Wingtip Boot

 

Wearing mine today as well. Have you applied polish to yours? The color looks more uniform than mine, and mine are also from the first Brixton run.

post #18551 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

 

Interesting! Good to know. Perhaps I'll consider a Barrie NST in the future. I usually wear a 10D or (preferably) 10.5C on the Barrie, and a 10.5D in Aberdeen, so I can take narrower shoes, although Aberdeen NSTs do look nicer.

 

 

Wearing mine today as well. Have you applied polish to yours? The color looks more uniform than mine, and mine are also from the first Brixton run.


I haven't polished them yet but they are in need of some TLC. I haven't done anything more than a cursory brush here and there. I'm going to rub them down with a damp cloth and then brush the hell out of them soon.
post #18552 of 122416
You know what this means?

MORE SHELL CORDOVAN!
post #18553 of 122416
Obama rocks black shell frequently, so I can understand.
post #18554 of 122416

^^ LOL next on his agenda: Obama wants more and cheaper shell cordovan! 

post #18555 of 122416

Just found this thread/site; truly awesome stuff here.  Nice to know there is a great Alden resource like this.

 

Here's my Alden for Epaulet 2-Stroke Indy's from last year at this time.  I love how they are wearing.

 

photo (4).JPG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.