or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1234  

post #18496 of 122416
just tried a pair of captoe boots on the grant. same size as my barrie/trubalance size is a little snug in the width. next half size up is too long. wider is not an option. wondering if I should try it out and hope for stretch or if the grant just won't work for me
post #18497 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

I just received phone confirmation that my 9.5e 44621 Alden Ravello Wingtips shipped from Shoemart. When I browse their site right now I can also see that they have lots of Ravello sizes in stock in that boot and you can add them to your shopping cart...so it seems like they have a shipment in with some that are not spoken for. Happy hunting. nod[1].gif

my wallet doesnt like hearing this...must resist
post #18498 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantheman View Post

my wallet doesnt like hearing this...must resist

haha...I must admit I am terrified that wifey will log into our bank account and see the charge...I didn't tell her about the pre-order. Working on making up an excuse right now and seeing if I can redirect the fedex shipment to my work address so I can keep them here. biggrin.gif
post #18499 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

I just received phone confirmation that my 9.5e 44621 Alden Ravello Wingtips shipped from Shoemart. When I browse their site right now I can also see that they have lots of Ravello sizes in stock in that boot and you can add them to your shopping cart...so it seems like they have a shipment in with some that are not spoken for. Happy hunting. nod[1].gif

awesome boot but I decided to go with the Lindrick over this. it's too bad Alden doesn't use dainite..their only winter appropriate sole is commando which a lot of people don't like
post #18500 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post


Which tankers did you pick up?

 



http://leffot.com/2011/11/22/alden-x-leffot-whiskey-tanker-boot/

 

They are more of a walnut/burnished tan, then the orange/red color in the photos.

post #18501 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

^ Keep in mind that if there is a make up that you're interested in without a commando sole, you can have the boot resoled at a reputable cobbler. (Many on SF, especially B. Nelson, will do mail order if you prefer.)



Good point, hadn't really thought of it. My plan was waiting until I was ready to send them back to Alden's for the restoration, then have the commando put on, as well as the possibility of relasting on a better fitting last. 

 

The Hampton Last is by far my favorite, just fits like a glove. Dann-online.com is the only site I've found with a decent selection on this last. theshoemart.com has a few too, but no direct shipping to Canada. Second favorite is the trubalance, so future boots will probably be more indy's. Black shell as well as ravello shell.

post #18502 of 122416
Salesman at Alden SF told me to not expect Shell Cordovan to stretch, probably not worth it.
post #18503 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

Salesman at Alden SF told me to not expect Shell Cordovan to stretch, probably not worth it.

the opposite of what the guy at Citishoes said this afternoon
post #18504 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

Salesman at Alden SF told me to not expect Shell Cordovan to stretch, probably not worth it.

I agree that shell doesn't stretch much
post #18505 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

just tried a pair of captoe boots on the grant. same size as my barrie/trubalance size is a little snug in the width. next half size up is too long. wider is not an option. wondering if I should try it out and hope for stretch or if the grant just won't work for me

I did get a pair of Barrie wing tip boots to stretch a little from 10.5d. So you may get something to work with. Depends on what you need.
post #18506 of 122416
Just got these today...Alden for Epaulet Brixton Boot in #8. The light sole was pretty polarizing, some loved it and some hated it. I personally love it!

449 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
153
261
post #18507 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Just got these today...Alden for Epaulet Brixton Boot in #8. The light sole was pretty polarizing, some loved it and some hated it. I personally love it!

449 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
153
261

Very sharp, edge trim included. Love them with the light grey trousers. Enjoy.
post #18508 of 122416
Perhaps a variation on the F***, marry, kill game (or maybe not that similar)-- but if you had to choose 3 of the 5 shoes below to take with you, which would you take (excluding harsh weather)?

I'm going to live overseas for ~1+ years and with the airline weight and bag restrictions I can only conceive of taking 3 of my very small Alden collection.

Ravello LW leather
Color 8 PTB leather
BLK cordovan boot Barrie Commando
Cigar Indy leather
Indy boot
post #18509 of 122416
Loving my Leather Soul Monks...

LSMonks.jpg
post #18510 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinklefree View Post

Perhaps a variation on the F***, marry, kill game (or maybe not that similar)-- but if you had to choose 3 of the 5 shoes below to take with you, which would you take (excluding harsh weather)?

I'm going to live overseas for ~1+ years and with the airline weight and bag restrictions I can only conceive of taking 3 of my very small Alden collection.

Ravello LW leather
Color 8 PTB leather
BLK cordovan boot Barrie Commando
Cigar Indy leather
Indy boot

Ravello longwing
Color 8 PTB
Indy boot or Cigar Indy (pick the more rugged sole)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.