or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1208  

post #18106 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Cigar PTB
IMG_0479.jpg

LS CXL NST
IMG_0454.jpg

nephew,
enjoy wearing both your good looking cigar ptb and your cxl nst-remember the break in method
Thanks uncle! I always use the Mac method to ascertain correct fit.
post #18107 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Also I have some questions. Does anyone have any opinions on Lady Calf:
232

I've found lady calf to be really comfy but really only appropriate for casual shoes because it wrinkles like crazy.
post #18108 of 122416
I was thinking of maybe picking up a pair of Alden cordovan boots to go along with a black leather jacket.

A couple of questions:

1) Should I get cordovan boots to go with a calf leather jacket? or would calf boots be better? or does it not matter? I am concerned because the shininess of the cordovan might not match so well with the jacket, is the shininess of cordovan as pronounced in real life?

2) I really would prefer to get the color 8 burgundy color, the color is great one of my favourites, but I don't think it will go as well with a black jacket? how does the burgundy look in real life? more close to brown or is it black in color? should I stick with burgundy or black?

3) Recommended places to pick up Alden boots? I know of leather soul, shoe mart (I don't think they ship Alden's to canada tho). Any other places. I was considering TBS as well but thier cordo boot comes in the trubalance last and that is way to chunky otherwise i would have used a 20% off coupon and bought a pair.

thanks
post #18109 of 122416
Really dig the suede shoes I picked up from LS about a year ago. They served me well while traveling in Italy over the summer and last week, I had about 14 hours notice for a biz trip to South Africa. Wore them on the flight over and then went to Kruger over the weekend. I think the carpet is only appropriate for this type of environment. Grass thatch roof and and crazy carpet = awesome!c4d23105-0469-4aa5.jpg


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-26.144427,28.042118
post #18110 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

ORLY?
84aa0326.jpg



i stand corrected
post #18111 of 122416
Pebble grain captoe boots from Winn Perry today. I wore them to the mall to run some errands. I also went to try on some AE shoes at Nordstrom for kicks. I tried on Park Ave and Strand, and for those prices, I don't think they're worth it at all. The leather feels plastic-ish compared to Aldens.

sb3o95.jpg
post #18112 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Pebble grain captoe boots from Winn Perry today. I wore them to the mall to run some errands. I also went to try on some AE shoes at Nordstrom for kicks. I tried on Park Ave and Strand, and for those prices, I don't think they're worth it at all. The leather feels plastic-ish compared to Aldens.

sb3o95.jpg

Nice! Wish I would have picked up a pair. While I have more Alden shoes than Allen Edmonds (25/2) the two pair I do own have served me well. One pair of black park ave 's that don't get much use but are needed and a pair of strands in one of their lighter colors. Good looking and decent quality shoes.
post #18113 of 122416
Thread Starter 
Why the fuck did you post those I was just looking at them again my boot search has come back full circle to the winn perrys. Wish I could buy them for fucks sake.

So sick of shell.
post #18114 of 122416
Do you even own shell?

WJ4: Pebble grain is completely underrated. Inspired me to wear my conistons today.
post #18115 of 122416
Thread Starter 
Do I need to own it to be sick of seeing how ugly it is once it's worn?

Why do you think robin sold all of his shells? Don't know how this shell hype started to be honest.

Namor, time to stop buying shoes and start buying some new pants.
post #18116 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Also, Still loving these every time I see them:
233

info on these? beautiful
post #18117 of 122416
PSA:

Just got a cal from Leffot that my pre-order on the Indy boot in natural chromexcel with commando soles is in. NYC guys and or anyone else for that matter, give them a call and get your hands on these boots. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18118 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Really dig the suede shoes I picked up from LS about a year ago. They served me well while traveling in Italy over the summer and last week, I had about 14 hours notice for a biz trip to South Africa. Wore them on the flight over and then went to Kruger over the weekend. I think the carpet is only appropriate for this type of environment. Grass thatch roof and and crazy carpet = awesome!c4d23105-0469-4aa5.jpg


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-26.144427,28.042118
Looking sharp! Have a safe trip.
post #18119 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

I was thinking of maybe picking up a pair of Alden cordovan boots to go along with a black leather jacket.
A couple of questions:
1) Should I get cordovan boots to go with a calf leather jacket? or would calf boots be better? or does it not matter? I am concerned because the shininess of the cordovan might not match so well with the jacket, is the shininess of cordovan as pronounced in real life?
2) I really would prefer to get the color 8 burgundy color, the color is great one of my favourites, but I don't think it will go as well with a black jacket? how does the burgundy look in real life? more close to brown or is it black in color? should I stick with burgundy or black?
3) Recommended places to pick up Alden boots? I know of leather soul, shoe mart (I don't think they ship Alden's to canada tho). Any other places. I was considering TBS as well but thier cordo boot comes in the trubalance last and that is way to chunky otherwise i would have used a 20% off coupon and bought a pair.
thanks

you need a shell cordovan jacket to go with shell cordovan boots. I thought this was common knowledge
post #18120 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

you need a shell cordovan jacket to go with shell cordovan boots. I thought this was common knowledge

+1 All shell cordovan, all the time...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.