or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 119  

post #1771 of 122416
Thinking about getting these.....
LL
post #1772 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
I got the USPS email that they're on route, so I'll post pics when I get them. Jordan from Winn Perry advised me to size 1/2 down from my Indy size (9D)... so let's hope it fits.


indy and barrie are supposed to be the same fit. good luck.
post #1773 of 122416
can anyone who has boots on the barrie last comment on how they fit relative to other shoes? some have said to go half size down, but i'm wondering if i should go TTS considering i'll likely wear thicker socks than i would with regular dress shoes
any insight is appreciated
post #1774 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post
can anyone who has boots on the barrie last comment on how they fit relative to other shoes? some have said to go half size down, but i'm wondering if i should go TTS considering i'll likely wear thicker socks than i would with regular dress shoes
any insight is appreciated


I say go 1/2 down. I'm a 12 in most dress shoes, 11.5D in Alden Indy and Barrie last, Red Wing GT and White's. I can wear quite thick Smartwool socks in my Context Tankers (Barrie last) and have plenty of room. TTS for me would be far to big.
post #1775 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
I say go 1/2 down. I'm a 12 in most dress shoes, 11.5D in Alden Indy and Barrie last, Red Wing GT and White's. I can wear quite thick Smartwool socks in my Context Tankers (Barrie last) and have plenty of room. TTS for me would be far to big.

are barrie and tru-balance (indy) the same in terms of fit for you?
i put on pretty thick socks when wearing my indys yesterday and they were tight
trying to figure it out before i pull the trigger on a barrie last boot that i unfortunately can't try on.
post #1776 of 122416
^^ you will be good to go. i have both and wear the same size.
post #1777 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
^^ you will be good to go. i have both and wear the same size.

as in you wear the same size in them as you do other shoes or that you're the same size for barrie and trubalance?
post #1778 of 122416
i have boots in the barrie and true balance that are the same size. speaking of which. should i buy #8 Longwings and #8 Chukkas. me thinks long wings. Xmas gift to myself.
post #1779 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
i have boots in the barrie and true balance that are the same size.

speaking of which. should i buy #8 Longwings and #8 Chukkas. me thinks long wings. Xmas gift to myself.

#8 Chukkas w/oiled flex sole.
post #1780 of 122416
Tom - loving the new Indy shoe, that is very cool!
post #1781 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Tom - loving the new Indy shoe, that is very cool!

Thanks! It was in hiding for about 30 years or so. It used to be part of Alden's stock range.
post #1782 of 122416
Those Indy shoes looks great, I have been wanting one ever since I saw one from a Japanese website, however, no 8EE.

I guess I'd have to enjoy my regular Indy's for now.

post #1783 of 122416
I need the soles replaced on my indy's. Grr.
post #1784 of 122416
that's awesome Gosurface, get the Alden commando soles if you can. I am eagarly waiting for the time when I have to replace the standard Indy neoprene soles.

on another note, just wanted to share a recent addition to my collection:

Modified last calfskin lace up boots. Color is a dark brown with olive tones.





post #1785 of 122416
really lovely
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.