or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1159  

post #17371 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

commando sole on your van lasted loafers icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

+1
post #17372 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

So I know I've been dancing around buying a pair of Alden's for months now, but I think I'm returning to my point of origin. I'll be going to London to study abroad for 4 months (Feb to June) and I need a pair of comfortable but stylish shoes to explore in. I think I want to buy a pair of the suede chukkas in snuff, on whatever last Blackbird was selling (plaza?). When will Alden release this model again? When will stockists be getting it in? Do you guys think it'd be a solid shoe for 5 mile hikes around a city?

It appears Tom at LS was listening to you. LeatherSoul just put up a 'Suede Winter Chukka.' Crepe sole on the Leydon last. Look pretty nice and durable, and probably very comfortable.
post #17373 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

2cghk60.jpg
color 4 and black saddle
argyles otc

I am not normally a fan of saddle shoes but those are SWEET!
 

 

post #17374 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

Yes, because when Alden makes the NST, the shoe is made as a plain toe, then the stitching is applied so the bundling of leather could cause a slightly tighter fit. That is why I wear a 9.5D with my longwings (barrie last) but had to go to a 9.5E with the Cigar NST (also, Barrie last) I got from ShoeMart.

thanks. makes sense
post #17375 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

any reason to think a Barrie longwing might fit different than a Barrie nst in the same size? both shoes (not boots), both cordovan. longwing felt wider than the nst

Production variation.
post #17376 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post

One comment I have about SINGLE leather flex soles (based on personal experience) is that they are not as comfortable as double leather flex or oak soles - at least in terms of walking or standing for long periods of time. There just isn't the same amount of support or cushioning. My feets get tired in single flex

This is true. And, Rob, I'm a teacher too. I had the Alden Snuff Suede PT Flex boot from LS and I slid all the time on those shitty commercial tiles in public school buildings. I'm hoping my Leffot cap toes aren't the same. The single sole gives you the most visceral "ground feel" of all the soles on any shoe I own, save my Vibram Five Fingers. Which is good and bad.
post #17377 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

This is true. And, Rob, I'm a teacher too. I had the Alden Snuff Suede PT Flex boot from LS and I slid all the time on those shitty commercial tiles in public school buildings. I'm hoping my Leffot cap toes aren't the same. The single sole gives you the most visceral "ground feel" of all the soles on any shoe I own, save my Vibram Five Fingers. Which is good and bad.

Hm interesting, though with 40 desks (and students) packing my classroom this year, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get up enough momentum to "slide" like I used to.smile.gif My floors are shiny too, and they're hundred and thirty year old hard wood.
post #17378 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

any reason to think a Barrie longwing might fit different than a Barrie nst in the same size? both shoes (not boots), both cordovan. longwing felt wider than the nst

I wouldn't expect them to fit differently but I also wouldn't be very surprised if they did.
But I also wouldn't expect that you'd need to size differently unless you're right at the cusp between sizes.
post #17379 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Hm interesting, though with 40 desks (and students) packing my classroom this year, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get up enough momentum to "slide" like I used to.smile.gif My floors are shiny too, and they're hundred and thirty year old hard wood.

Man, I taught in a school that had hard wood - it is preferable to the nasty short napped carpet I currently reside in, for sure. So, go for the single flex; they are awesome in summer sock less as well.
post #17380 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

I am not normally a fan of saddle shoes but those are SWEET!

 

thank you
post #17381 of 122416
deocpk.jpg
color 8 monks
argyles otc
post #17382 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

commando sole on your van lasted loafers icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

that would be rockstar indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Can B. Nelson do that and if so, how much do you think that will cost? I might be following you in not soon thereafter.

I think changing the welt adds $40 to the cost of the resole (which depends) and the cost of the edge trim change. which i do not know. but i think it would look awesome
post #17383 of 122416
Does anyone know where I can find a tan/suede/milkshake indy boot? I found this one, but it's over $700 and that's no good.

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/product/1557/alden-milkshake-suede-pull-up-work-boot/

Bildschirmfoto+2011-05-03+um+12.17.13.jpg
post #17384 of 122416
The Bureau takes off VAT for us sales so they end up around $600.
Not quite as bad but still a lot for a suede Indy.
post #17385 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Does anyone know where I can find a tan/suede/milkshake indy boot? I found this one, but it's over $700 and that's no good.

That may be a special makeup for that store. I have seen that model on the irregulars list, but it was sold out when I last checked.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.