or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1144  

post #17146 of 122416
my sizing mistakes are someone's gain. selling 3 pairs of shell: cigar ptb, whiskey lw, ravello chukka. 10.5D barrie for all 3.

might also have a pair of navy suede ptb, flex sole, 10.5D barrie for sale. worn less than 5 times
post #17147 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbernie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG WONG View Post

263
Epaulet Brixton #8 on its maiden voyage

Great looking boot but really a shame about that light edgetrim...

I think the light edge trim is what makes these special.
post #17148 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

my sizing mistakes are someone's gain. selling 3 pairs of shell: cigar ptb, whiskey lw, ravello chukka. 10.5D barrie for all 3.

might also have a pair of navy suede ptb, flex sole, 10.5D barrie for sale. worn less than 5 times

Is it the Barrie last that doesn't work for you or are the shoes too small/big?
Good luck with your sales.
post #17149 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

Is it the Barrie last that doesn't work for you or are the shoes too small/big?
Good luck with your sales.

my right foot is wider than my left. need an E
post #17150 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

my sizing mistakes are someone's gain. selling 3 pairs of shell: cigar ptb, whiskey lw, ravello chukka. 10.5D barrie for all 3.

might also have a pair of navy suede ptb, flex sole, 10.5D barrie for sale. worn less than 5 times

Man, that's a bummer. How tight are they on you? If it's a single width you are struggling with, perhaps you can apply some rubbing alcohol to the inside of the shoe and try breaking them in? That usually works for me
post #17151 of 122416
my right pinky toe ends up killing me at the end of the day. not sure I can stretch it enough
post #17152 of 122416
^ that's unfortunate. Killer collection of shell
post #17153 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

so I got my whiskey longwings a few weeks ago but didn't get around to wearing them until today. I commented when I got them in this thread about how the color on the left shoe was 2-tone and posted a picture. people said it would even outsince today was the first time I wore them, it was really the first time i saw them outside in natural light. the 2 colors are pretty striking in natural light. again, is this normal?LLLL

heard back from Alden and they told me to return them to the retailer to send back for inspection. maybe I should close my sale post (more pics in there, though)....
post #17154 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

so I got my whiskey longwings a few weeks ago but didn't get around to wearing them until today. I commented when I got them in this thread about how the color on the left shoe was 2-tone and posted a picture. people said it would even outsince today was the first time I wore them, it was really the first time i saw them outside in natural light. the 2 colors are pretty striking in natural light. again, is this normal?LLLL

heard back from Alden and they told me to return them to the retailer to send back for inspection. maybe I should close my sale post (more pics in there, though)....

Even though color variations are normal, I would not be happy with that. I would do as Alden says, and return them.
post #17155 of 122416
please forgive my noobish question:

after two days of wearing, my ravello day tripper has developed some light creases, which i know is perfectly normal and desirable for shell cordovan.
however, upon closer inspection, the creases seem rather 'dry' and not smooth like the rest of the leather. I tried brushing with horsehair brush only to make it worse, since it roughen up the creases even more.

is this a normal shell characteristic? should i continue brushing them on a daily basis or use any wax yet?
post #17156 of 122416
show pics
post #17157 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo View Post

please forgive my noobish question:
after two days of wearing, my ravello day tripper has developed some light creases, which i know is perfectly normal and desirable for shell cordovan.
however, upon closer inspection, the creases seem rather 'dry' and not smooth like the rest of the leather. I tried brushing with horsehair brush only to make it worse, since it roughen up the creases even more.
is this a normal shell characteristic? should i continue brushing them on a daily basis or use any wax yet?


Did you brush for 10 minutes per shoe? If not give it a try.

You could also get a cloth lightly damp and rub the creases. Wipe them dry quickly. Follow that up with a polishing cloth. I do that with success on my shoes and find it works better and faster than the "brush forever" method.
post #17158 of 122416
Spit on it and then brush. Works wonders especially if you don't have any reno laying around
post #17159 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

heard back from Alden and they told me to return them to the retailer to send back for inspection. maybe I should close my sale post (more pics in there, though)....

i would sent back. it is not the norm!
post #17160 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo View Post

please forgive my noobish question:
after two days of wearing, my ravello day tripper has developed some light creases, which i know is perfectly normal and desirable for shell cordovan.
however, upon closer inspection, the creases seem rather 'dry' and not smooth like the rest of the leather. I tried brushing with horsehair brush only to make it worse, since it roughen up the creases even more.
is this a normal shell characteristic? should i continue brushing them on a daily basis or use any wax yet?

please post picture
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.