or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1131  

post #16951 of 122416
However the unstiched toe of a Trubalance lasted boot looks a lot like the "jimmy shoe" from Seinfeld.

47357_SP1014_d3.tif&width=393&height=393&effects=sharpen(20)&quality=90&profile=jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmU4oTm6zH0TPtmUVciBB2C19oVMPG-L-h5sZeEtSgR3H2sQNPM2DzMnD2XA
post #16952 of 122416
Has anyone tried to contact Leffot about the pre-order on the captoes. I got him once on the phone and then he has not responded to an e-mail or returned a phone call about getting in on the order. Does he do such an amount of business in the store that he can ignore internet customer's. Every time I have tried to contact him it is like pulling teeth to get a timely response.
post #16953 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Has anyone tried to contact Leffot about the pre-order on the captoes. I got him once on the phone and then he has not responded to an e-mail or returned a phone call about getting in on the order. Does he do such an amount of business in the store that he can ignore internet customer's. Every time I have tried to contact him it is like pulling teeth to get a timely response.

In the few times I've gone in, he's always been by himself and trying to manage several customers at once. Same experience with Alden of DC. The phone will just ring and ring because it's usually just Joe or Kathy working.
post #16954 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Has anyone tried to contact Leffot about the pre-order on the captoes. I got him once on the phone and then he has not responded to an e-mail or returned a phone call about getting in on the order. Does he do such an amount of business in the store that he can ignore internet customer's. Every time I have tried to contact him it is like pulling teeth to get a timely response.

I've always found Steven to be pretty good about returning emails/phone calls.

The boot has been an instant sell-out (twice). Leffot gets an allocation of "X" Ravello shoes/boots from Alden and wants to offer a varied selection of shoes/boots to their customers so they won't continually use that Ravello allocation to make these boots. Moreover, given that this boot is a limited run item, many of Leffot's regular (repeat) customers probably have missed out on both offerings so maybe he's not jumping to accept your order for a boot for next year (if he decides to re-order it) because he's saving them for his repeat customers?

Of course I could be totally wrong, maybe he just doesn't like you.... biggrin.gif
post #16955 of 122416
Poor customer service is poor customer service. When a store owner says they will check on an item and get back in touch with you, then I expect that to happen. I never have that issue with Tom at LS.
post #16956 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart View Post

Thanks. A chat with Nick at Bnelson said this is what he does and I'll be sending the boots off very shortly. Unfortunately, unless I go bespoke, even my rubber soled boots wear at the toe harshly. I usually just nail in metal blakey's to the rubber soles, but for leather I'd like something more...civilised.

you can have flushed rubber plates biggrin.gif
post #16957 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Poor customer service is poor customer service. When a store owner says they will check on an item and get back in touch with you, then I expect that to happen. I never have that issue with Tom at LS.


The store owner being busy does not equal poor customer service. Steven has probably not decided whether he's going to do another run of this boot.

 

Call him back during business hours. He's easy to get in touch with.

post #16958 of 122416
I have called him multiple times already.
post #16959 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Two new Alden boots from j.crew
Love the wingtip...
47355_BK0001.tif&width=393&height=393&effects=sharpen(20)&quality=90&profile=jpeg
47357_SP1014.tif&width=393&height=393&effects=sharpen(20)&quality=90&profile=jpeg

The wingtip boot is sweet!
 

 

post #16960 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post


I've always found Steven to be pretty good about returning emails/phone calls.
The boot has been an instant sell-out (twice). Leffot gets an allocation of "X" Ravello shoes/boots from Alden and wants to offer a varied selection of shoes/boots to their customers so they won't continually use that Ravello allocation to make these boots. Moreover, given that this boot is a limited run item, many of Leffot's regular (repeat) customers probably have missed out on both offerings so maybe he's not jumping to accept your order for a boot for next year (if he decides to re-order it) because he's saving them for his repeat customers?
Of course I could be totally wrong, maybe he just doesn't like you.... biggrin.gif


I  have always found him extremely responsive whether by phone or e-mail!

 

post #16961 of 122416
Some unique models from Unionmade. If only those wingtips were black with a natural sole ffffuuuu.gif

Anyone know how the "New Hampton" last fits?

UnionmadeLoden.jpg
post #16962 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

I  have always found him extremely responsive whether by phone or e-mail!

 


He finally answered today and it is even more annoying that by the response I got it was very clear he never called Alden to ask to see if make the Grant in a 5.5E. I work part time in retail, so maybe I expect too much.
post #16963 of 122416
Hi,

I posted this in Tricker's thread since my Eaton is what fits me best but someone told me to try here.

Id be interested to try Alden but likely no chance to try them where I live.
Im UK7,5 in Tricker's last 4497/4444 (fit very well), what would I need to order? Im interested in Leffot Day Tripper Boot which is built on Grant last.

I'd say US8 "Steven" recommands to order the same size than with Barrie last and many people at Tricker's thread go like :

Tricker's country lasts UK8=Alden Barrie US8,5

Correct me if Im wrong.

Also, what would be the Alden fitting comparable to 4497 or 4444 fit 5?


Now that I read the last page, I wonder if it makes any sense to try to figure out my size as I might not even get a slot for next year Leffot Day Tripper cap toe order frown.gif
post #16964 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

I have called him multiple times already.

It is you.
post #16965 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post

It is you.

I guess it is. I am sure there is something else I can get now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.