or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1107  

post #16591 of 122416
If someone could send me the 8.5D, 9C, and/or 9D irregular lists, I'd be grateful. My email is: rpagnani@ualberta.ca
post #16592 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman View Post

If someone could send me the 8.5D, 9C, and/or 9D irregular lists, I'd be grateful. My email is: rpagnani@ualberta.ca

Sent you the list for 9D
post #16593 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM View Post

233
bounce2.gif

I just can't get fully behind the 360 welt. I believe it to be the fatal flaw of my Pitt boots...
post #16594 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Ok, I wore these Friday all day, then at night out until 4:00 AM and then again on Sunday and all day today, pic taken this evening.
Alden Cap Toe Boot, #8 shell, modified last *seconds*:
383
I have nor been wearing as much as they deserve. I think it is because of not having speed laces but they have softened up a bit and are not a hassle to lace so I will try to wear them more. I may just give up on maintenance to establish a more beat up look for these.

I should have gotten these when I had the chance. I will get them someday.
post #16595 of 122416
I saw a fair number of shoes that listed lasts which I'm fairly certain were different than the photos would indicate. I ordered a pair of #8 captoe boots that I'm convinced are on the Grant, yet the description said Barrie. We'll see in a day or two.

To quote Forrest Gump..."Alden seconds are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Edited by REguy - 10/4/11 at 4:44pm
post #16596 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I saw a fair number of shoes that listed lasts which I'm fairly certain were different than the photos would indicate. I ordered a pair of #8 captoe boots that I'm convinced are on the Grant, yet the description said Barrie. We'll see in a day or two.

To quote Forest Gump..."Alden seconds are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

If you ordered the FD-4060HC your suspicion is correct. It's listed on the Barrie bit it is actually on the Grant.
post #16597 of 122416
Thanks for the irregulars list, guys.

No shell LWBs... ah well!
post #16598 of 122416
Get on the seconds list:

http://www.theshoemart.com/contact/c-contact_irregular.html

Seconds FAQ:

http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/AJ/Alden/Alden-FD-FAQ.html

ALL 10D

Good luck. BE POLITE!

350
FD-97891
Reg $ 680.00
Sale $ 399.95
Whiskey Shell
Barrie Last

350

FD-39628H
Reg $ 595.00
Sale $ 399.95
Color 8
Barrie Last

350
FD-4060HC
Reg $ 650.00
Sale $ 399.95
Color 8
Barrie Last

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ADDED ALL 10 1/2D

350
FD-13750
Reg $ 670.00
Sale $ 399.95
Ravello Shell Cordovan
Barrie Last
post #16599 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

If you ordered the FD-4060HC your suspicion is correct. It's listed on the Barrie bit it is actually on the Grant.

Oh, you're good nod[1].gif
post #16600 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

I should have gotten these when I had the chance. I will get them someday.
If you were looking at these boots specifically you can console yourself knowing the cordovan is not the best. It looks like in one part it has rubbed raw and has some little “cracks” in as well. Still love them though! wink.gif
post #16601 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

My latest acquisitions...
Whiskey LHS

Cigar Chukka
Two thumbs up to both! thumbsup.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

decided to keep these bad boys inlove.gif
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel View Post

aaaaaggggghhhhhh twisted laces bug the hell out of me.. /ocd
LOL! Me too but they get in there so I try not to let it bother me when it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM View Post

If there is anything I have learned on here it is the reef knot vs. the granny knot.

Word.gif
post #16602 of 122416
Today I wore Whiskey PTB's, Barrie last:

414

505

They have darkened and look almost Ravello, which I prefer, and you can see some wax buildup on the outside of the toe box. I am not using wax and it is getting less noticeable.
post #16603 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Today I wore Whiskey PTB's, Barrie last:

414

505

They have darkened and look almost Ravello, which I prefer, and you can see some wax buildup on the outside of the toe box. I am not using wax and it is getting less noticeable.
Those PTBs are looking great!
post #16604 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

If you were looking at these boots specifically you can console yourself knowing the cordovan is not the best. It looks like in one part it has rubbed raw and has some little “cracks” in as well. Still love them though! wink.gif

Doesn't matter - they're on the Modified Last.
post #16605 of 122416
Got the Shoe Mart list this morning. Called in to order the whiskey Indy boots in my size (9E virtually impossible to find) for $400!
somebody got to them 10 minutes before me
Drat!!!!! frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.