or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1052  

post #15766 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post

Unionmade - Loden Green Boots.

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Stanyan_Plain_Toe_Boot_in_Loden_Green_2397.html

Lady Calfskin
Commando sole
6142731543_efff7a6ae0_b_d.jpg

Nice - they look brown on my screen. What's the real life look?
post #15767 of 122416
They're more of an olive color with just a hint of greenish hue.
Maybe the first pic (outdoor with jeans) portrays the color more accurately.
post #15768 of 122416
IMG_0224.jpg

Finally got around to getting a picture of my LHS Loafers that ive been wearing all summer next to a pair of Unionmade commando boots that I just recieved.

Cant wait to start wearing those boots.
post #15769 of 122416
^ 11d? if so, i had my eyes on those bad boys
post #15770 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

AldenRavelloCapToe.jpg
Ravello Medallion Cap Toe Blucher maiden voyage.

Thanks to all on this thread who called Kathy @ Alden DC to convince her to make these up again. And thanks to Uncle Mac for showing them on back on page 775 in March! Not a bad turnaround....6 months from the time we stared asking Kathy to do the makeup until delivery.

These are even more beautiful in person than I imagined.

Wow! They look fantastic, enjoy wearing them.
post #15771 of 122416
So glad these weren't shell or any other nice makeup; I think I would have killed the dog that did it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDEN-NEW-ENGLAND-USA-MENS-12-D-HEAVILY-DAMAGED-LEATHER-OXFORDS-SHOES-BROWN-/230672057591?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item35b52044f7
post #15772 of 122416
LeatherSoul burnished tan V-tips. http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/04/28/alden-shoes-burnished-tan-v-tips-lsw/

Extremely comfortable and versatile.

5ZY6U.jpg
post #15773 of 122416
Not a fan confused.gif
post #15774 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

AldenRavelloCapToe.jpg
Ravello Medallion Cap Toe Blucher maiden voyage.

Thanks to all on this thread who called Kathy @ Alden DC to convince her to make these up again. And thanks to Uncle Mac for showing them on back on page 775 in March! Not a bad turnaround....6 months from the time we stared asking Kathy to do the makeup until delivery.

These are even more beautiful in person than I imagined.

nephew,
your ravello medallion tip look very sharp
post #15775 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbone View Post

IMG_0224.jpg

Finally got around to getting a picture of my LHS Loafers that ive been wearing all summer next to a pair of Unionmade commando boots that I just recieved.

Cant wait to start wearing those boots.

enjoy wearing
post #15776 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

so i was at the thrift store today looking at furniture, and low and behold what do I find: no 8 captoe bluchers, almost perfect condition, in my size (11 D). $5

I was at the thrift-a-roony today and spotted two pairs of Alden shortwings, both 11C -- not my size -- medium brown and black calf, excellent condition, on what appeared to be the Aberdeen last. Fifty dollars per pair. I passed.
post #15777 of 122416
10z5sau.jpg
whiskey lwb
argyles otc
post #15778 of 122416
looking good as usual, uncle!

the stitching on the vamp came loose on my whiskeys...sent them back to alden for repairs a couple weeks ago. i miss them dearly.
post #15779 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post

looking good as usual, uncle!

the stitching on the vamp came loose on my whiskeys...sent them back to alden for repairs a couple weeks ago. i miss them dearly.

thank you
i would call to find out the status
post #15780 of 122416
Well, finally made the trip to Alden SF, James handled me in the shop, no special make up in store.
However the black Indy boots has black neoprene sole, not the red ones.
Asked for personal custom order, they will handle it, $200 upcharge, 4-6 months lead time. Only regular calf and black / #8 cordovan.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.