or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1002  

post #15016 of 122416
what about an indy cordovan as a dress boot?
post #15017 of 122416
i wore my #8 long wings with a navy suit today. amazing combo
post #15018 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

would you consider the alden cordovan #8 to be a dress boot?

depends on the last and welt. grant, plaza, leydon, Aberdeen with a flat welt/leather sole regardless of color are dress boots to me. by dress I mean wear with trim suit or slacks.

Barrie/trubalance/modified (beo, cant send pms with my phone for some reason) are lasts for casual wear. would not wear with a business suit.
post #15019 of 122416
Trying to find a cordovan boot with commando sole.
post #15020 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

Trying to find a cordovan boot with commando sole.

theshoemart is due for another seconds email probably within a month. also, AofC has a few options
post #15021 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


depends on the last and welt. grant, plaza, leydon, Aberdeen with a flat welt/leather sole regardless of color are dress boots to me. by dress I mean wear with trim suit or slacks.

Barrie/trubalance/modified (beo, cant send pms with my phone for some reason) are lasts for casual wear. would not wear with a business suit.

This really depends on a persons body type and shape. Sleeker looking lasts on someone with a heavy frame looks unbalanced and out of proportion. I think the Barrie last can work nicely for a heavier/larger person with a suit or slacks.

The Barrie is a wonderful compromise between shape, comfort and style. My two cents.
post #15022 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


theshoemart is due for another seconds email probably within a month. also, AofC has a few options

I was looking at the ones from AofC, the indys look interesting, I am just concerned about it looking too casual. I am trying to strike a balance.
post #15023 of 122416
i think a healthy balance between casual and dress would be a plain toe boot in #8.
post #15024 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

i think a healthy balance between casual and dress would be a plain toe boot in #8.

Ok, I saw a pair of plain toe boots on modified last in #8 but i am concerned about them looking like clown shoes.
post #15025 of 122416
huh. what the hell do you mean by clown shoes?
post #15026 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

huh. what the hell do you mean by clown shoes?

some modified last shoes have a very bulbous toe and can look very blobby.
post #15027 of 122416
well don't get that one then.
post #15028 of 122416
6zltg4.jpg
ravello full strap
argyles otc
post #15029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Here's what I wore today: natural chromexcel Indy oxfords.
500

Like this look...anyone else going sockless or loafer socks with their Aldens over the summer. I have with the few I wear.

BTW...I just put up a pair of Alden for J.Crew PTBs in Dark Brown...size 8 in great condition, very minimal (2 wears worth) sole wear. $250 takes em.

JT
post #15030 of 122416
Recently I purchased the George boot in tan calfskin, and they squeak when I walk in them. The noise emanates where the vamp meets the back of the strap. Any tips to stop this annoyance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.