or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 938  

post #14056 of 122416
hi all. i also picked up these bad boys off the irregular list .... cigar v-tips! however, although the email stated that these were on the barrie last i'm pretty certain after trying them on that they are actually on the modified last. i consider myself to have a neutral gait so i was just wondering if anyone on this board who also has a neutral gait and owns a pair of shoes on the modified last could tell me their experiences with this last? to me, it feels as if there is too much arch support and i don't think the "break in" method will allow me to ascertain how my foot muscles will feel after walking in them over the course of an eight hour day. i'd really hate to have to return these beautiful shoes
post #14057 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
are those RRL selvedge chinos? they look great with the shoes

Yeah, they're the buckle back ones from I think Orchard Street collection.
post #14058 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post
Good shine on those, Mac!

thank you
post #14059 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post
my alden irregular natural chromexcel indy boots in 11.5 d came in today. there is nothing irregular about them, except how irregularly awesome they are.

That was fast. They look great... very tempting!
post #14060 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
hi all. i also picked up these bad boys off the irregular list .... cigar v-tips! however, although the email stated that these were on the barrie last i'm pretty certain after trying them on that they are actually on the modified last. i consider myself to have a neutral gait so i was just wondering if anyone on this board who also has a neutral gait and owns a pair of shoes on the modified last could tell me their experiences with this last? to me, it feels as if there is too much arch support and i don't think the "break in" method will allow me to ascertain how my foot muscles will feel after walking in them over the course of an eight hour day. i'd really hate to have to return these beautiful shoes

Congrats, you scored a beautiful pair!
post #14061 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
Suede wingtips on commando showed up today from LSBH. From their spring clearance.
Light suede and commando is a slightly odd combo but I like the look.

I like these. Versatile casual shoes. Commando sole is good. Nice grab.
post #14062 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
hi all. i also picked up these bad boys off the irregular list .... cigar v-tips! however, although the email stated that these were on the barrie last i'm pretty certain after trying them on that they are actually on the modified last. i consider myself to have a neutral gait so i was just wondering if anyone on this board who also has a neutral gait and owns a pair of shoes on the modified last could tell me their experiences with this last? to me, it feels as if there is too much arch support and i don't think the "break in" method will allow me to ascertain how my foot muscles will feel after walking in them over the course of an eight hour day. i'd really hate to have to return these beautiful shoes


They look Barrie. Check the numbers with Alden.
post #14063 of 122416
aged Ravello captoes
post #14064 of 122416
[quote=NAMOR;4591279]sorry to hear that. they look great. was there anything else of interest on the irregular list?


some cordo indy boots, barrie cordo boots with punched cap toe, where what caught my eye...
post #14065 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
hi all. i also picked up these bad boys off the irregular list .... cigar v-tips! however, although the email stated that these were on the barrie last i'm pretty certain after trying them on that they are actually on the modified last. i consider myself to have a neutral gait so i was just wondering if anyone on this board who also has a neutral gait and owns a pair of shoes on the modified last could tell me their experiences with this last? to me, it feels as if there is too much arch support and i don't think the "break in" method will allow me to ascertain how my foot muscles will feel after walking in them over the course of an eight hour day. i'd really hate to have to return these beautiful shoes
These could be seconds from the LS run of cigar v-tips awhile back. Do they have a single oiled sole on them? Here's the linkā€¦http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...rie-v-tip-lsw/
post #14066 of 122416
as much as people want to tell me that this is normal, it's really bothering me. This is a Whiskey LWB worn 4 times. It looks like it's 2 tone.
LL
LL
post #14067 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post
as much as people want to tell me that this is normal, it's really bothering me. This is a Whiskey LWB worn 4 times. It looks like it's 2 tone.

They look great- kind of a spectator look - the way they wear in is the beauty of shell, imo. You'll pay big $ to get EG's or G&G's mto in two tones.
post #14068 of 122416
but the right one is 1 solid color. so the right shoe is solid whiskey and the left is 2 tone
post #14069 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post
but the right one is 1 solid color. so the right shoe is solid whiskey and the left is 2 tone

I see, a trick - only showing the left.
post #14070 of 122416
both
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.