or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 914  

post #13696 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

ravello ptb
argyles otc
Looking sharp uncle. The cigar PTB is next on my list to purchase.
post #13697 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post
Looking sharp uncle. The cigar PTB is next on my list to purchase.

Ditto. Hope we're not the same size when a sale rolls around.
post #13698 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
Ditto. Hope we're not the same size when a sale rolls around.
Already have 'em reserved…called Kathy @ DC. She's going to put in an order soon, while I was at it I put my name on the cigar chukka list. Also looks like I'll need to call her about that whiskey Indy boot today.
post #13699 of 122416
tom over at LSH has a nice sale going.
post #13700 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
tom over at LSH has a nice sale going.

Yup, with almost nothing in my size.
post #13701 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
Yup, with almost nothing in my size.

Yeah, for the most part you need to have either pixie feet or giant feet to benefit from this sale.
post #13702 of 122416
Just got off the phone with Kathy in regards to the whiskey Indy boot. Not sure if she's going to place the order, but if she does the order would be submitted in September. I reserved a 9D just in case the order does go through...keep expressing interest and this makeup might go through.
post #13703 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


Cordovan PTB for Brooks Brothers

looking good! enjoy wearing! maiden voyage?
post #13704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
very nice
i second that robin has a very nice shoe wardrobe
post #13705 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I'm one against the speed hooks. I have boots with both and think that the eyelets are an easier go between from jeans to MC. For some reason the hooks also almost always catch my inner hem on my pants (I'm constantly walking up 4 flights of stairs at my job between getting to my room on the top floor, walking down to pick up kids and walking them up at least 4 times during the day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post
I have the same issue with the speed hooks getting caught on the hem. While the hooks do save a few seconds in the morning I do like the look of the full eyelet version better.

I can see your point. I guess for me, speed hooks work because I only wear jeans with my boots. My jeans hems don't get caught in the hooks, because my jeans inseams are at least an inch or two longer than my dress pants inseams. With dress pants, I tend to only wear dress shoes.

So I guess I should say that for what I wear with my boots, the speed hooks are really beneficial to me.
post #13706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
I can see your point. I guess for me, speed hooks work because I only wear jeans with my boots. My jeans hems don't get caught in the hooks, because my jeans inseams are at least an inch or two longer than my dress pants inseams. With dress pants, I tend to only wear dress shoes.

So I guess I should say that for what I wear with my boots, the speed hooks are really beneficial to me.

Speed hooks are so speedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Xh1shdv2Q
post #13707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post
Looking sharp uncle. The cigar PTB is next on my list to purchase.

thank you
post #13708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
My Holy Grail Aldens would be the Ravello Hunting Boots that Tassel's did a few years back (here's the link: http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to...ails.php?id=32 ) or anything in the Scotch Grain shell.
Those are fantastic, put me down for a pair if it happens.
post #13709 of 122416

ravello full strap
argyles otc
post #13710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post
Those are fantastic, put me down for a pair if it happens.

+1

I'd get on that train as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.