or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 911  

post #13651 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Just shoot em back to Alden HQ. They'll either repair or replace. Call first to let them know whats up and that you weren't happy with AoC's arrangement.


That's not a repairable issue.
post #13652 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
i recently purchased a pair of whiskey longwings from alden of carmel. before trying shoes on i usually inspect them first. on the inner side of the left shoe i noticed a deformity/welt in the leather. i asked adam what options i had for this problem. here's a cut n paste of his email reply:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Hi Nate

In this case, with a small imperfection, which is common with shell cordovan shoes, we will provide the option of a discount or refund, but not exchange.

Sincerely, Adam, Alden of Carmel"

the discount, by the way, was $50. what would you guys do? return for full refund or take the discount? i don't understand why he wouldn't just let me exchange it for another pair .... weird.



I've gotten great service from AofC in the past, and at least he's offering a refund if you're not happy. Although it is a little weird to not allow exchanges. Funnily, it is the opposite that has kept me from picking up a pair of wingtips on the Leydon last from him that are on sale. No refunds, only exchanges - and I don't know what I'd exchange for if those didn't work out.
post #13653 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post
[/SPOILER]

I've gotten great service from AofC in the past, and at least he's offering a refund if you're not happy. Although it is a little weird to not allow exchanges. Funnily, it is the opposite that has kept me from picking up a pair of wingtips on the Leydon last from him that are on sale. No refunds, only exchanges - and I don't know what I'd exchange for if those didn't work out.

Of course he's offering a refund on a brand new, unworn, shoe with an obvious defect. If he didn't, a credit charge back would be justified. That shoe should have hit the seconds bin at the factory.
post #13654 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
Send that crap back and make him refund, those shoes should of came in perfect condition, Alden of Carmel really sucks as far as their customer service, i would never do business with them, one bad experience was enough for me. At the price of $715+shipping you can do way better,
check leffot, Steven is cool, has lots of alden
leathersoul, Tom(LSW) and Bryan(LSBH) are good guys, also lots of alden, will go out of their way to help you and will treat you better than Adam
shoehealer, Richard has trickers, alfred sargent and many others
shoesnorthampton, have a lot of C&J

I agree with all your points but one; that AoC service sucks. I recently placed an order a week ago and Adam was extremely helpful and prompt with his emails. in fact, he sent me an email at 11:30pm to let me know my order was shipped. Can you share your experience?

Btw, i got my swiss army belt today and it looks great with cognac colored aldens. you should keep yours!
post #13655 of 122416
I've had great service from AoC also. Bought Ravello LWBs last week and had them in my hands two days later. That fault on your shoes would bother me though. I'd send them back for the refund. I know it's a real disappointment. Too bad they slipped through the factory like that.
post #13656 of 122416
I'm thinking about getting a pair of snuff suede chukkas, and would like to know how versatile they are. Can I convince a few of you to post some pics showing an Alden suede chukka as part of an ensemble? Thanks, gents.
post #13657 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
Ravello Chukkas
Epaulet Rivet Chinos
BR Mid-Calf Argyles






Stylized Bonus Pic




good looking chukkas
post #13658 of 122416
Those longwings are hella nice Mac..
post #13659 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Those longwings are hella nice Mac..

thank you
post #13660 of 122416

ravello wt boots
argyles otc
post #13661 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
I thought there was something here, but couldn't find it. Anyway, you need to sign up on a hosting service - Image Shack is out for SF issues. I use Photobucket and it works fine. Upload to the host then copy and paste.

It's a pinned thread in General Chat.
post #13662 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
i recently purchased a pair of whiskey longwings from alden of carmel. before trying shoes on i usually inspect them first. on the inner side of the left shoe i noticed a deformity/welt in the leather. i asked adam what options i had for this problem. here's a cut n paste of his email reply:

"Hi Nate

In this case, with a small imperfection, which is common with shell cordovan shoes, we will provide the option of a discount or refund, but not exchange.

Sincerely, Adam, Alden of Carmel"

the discount, by the way, was $50. what would you guys do? return for full refund or take the discount? i don't understand why he wouldn't just let me exchange it for another pair .... weird.

I've had great customer service by Adam and I haven't even received my first order from him yet. The almost certain reason for not having an exchange is that he doesn't have any stock left. If you've noticed, he's been clearing out a lot of old models (I snagged a pair of Wingtip boots at $279!) and so offered you what he could: a refund, or a discount. He can't exchange you something he likely doesn't have.
post #13663 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart View Post
I've had great customer service by Adam and I haven't even received my first order from him yet. The almost certain reason for not having an exchange is that he doesn't have any stock left. If you've noticed, he's been clearing out a lot of old models (I snagged a pair of Wingtip boots at $279!) and so offered you what he could: a refund, or a discount. He can't exchange you something he likely doesn't have.

I agree. I've bought shoes/boots from Adam going back years now - I believe he was one of the first to do special Alden makeups. I haven't purchased anything directly from him recently because it was my sense he was focusing more of his energies consulting. But I've always found him to be great from a customer service perspective.

I'm not defending bad customer service but one thing that we all need to keep in mind - even though the shoes are expensive these guys aren't getting rich selling Aldens (witness the recent departure of Winn Perry). There just aren't enough shoes to sell (and even if there were more shoes then there likely wouldn't be enough customers which would create pricing pressures which would drive down gross profits...). Even when they can generate good gross profits there are significant overhead and capital requirements (try thinking about stocking a size run in multiple widths).

Makes me appreciate Leather Soul, Leffot (and yes TSM) all the more.
post #13664 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
I agree with all your points but one; that AoC service sucks. I recently placed an order a week ago and Adam was extremely helpful and prompt with his emails. in fact, he sent me an email at 11:30pm to let me know my order was shipped. Can you share your experience?Btw, i got my swiss army belt today and it looks great with cognac colored aldens. you should keep yours!

AoC was a bad exprience, i tried ordering a pair there like 6 months ago, after emails back and forth about fit, i placed an order and AoC discovers the shoes arent there. I was emailing him for a couple of days, at no point he thought to check the inventory. Then he refuses to give me any kind of free shipping because of his mistake. Oh btw he kept giving me trouble because i asked him about whether i can return, if my 2nd choice shoes didnt fit me. After a few more emails i decided he was just giving me a hard time and didnt want my business. Went with winn perry and Jordan was great... too bad they closed.
post #13665 of 122416
From Alden of Carmel. Kudu Wingtip Boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.