or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 910  

post #13636 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Anyone catch the Epaulet pre-sale on the Ravello Wingtip Brixton Boot (all eyelets, no hooks). I snagged one of the last 9D available and can't wait, these could be the Ultimate boot.

They are the ultimate boot. I have them and wear them often. The no hooks, ravello, and antique edgetrim combo is terrific. (I suppose they could be slightly more awesome with a double waterloc sole, but whatever.)
post #13637 of 122416
hello all, could someone give a quick tutorial on how to post pictures? i tried searching the FAQ's but got even more confused. any help would be appreciated. thanks
post #13638 of 122416
+1 I have always struggled with trying to figure out how to embed pictures as well. Any advice would be super helpful.
post #13639 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
hello all, could someone give a quick tutorial on how to post pictures? i tried searching the FAQ's but got even more confused. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post
+1 I have always struggled with trying to figure out how to embed pictures as well. Any advice would be super helpful.

This should get you started.
post #13640 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
Ravello Chukkas Epaulet Rivet Chinos BR Mid-Calf Argyles Stylized Bonus Pic
Nice ensemble! Love the details & the bonus pic.
post #13641 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post
+1 I have always struggled with trying to figure out how to embed pictures as well. Any advice would be super helpful.
I thought there was something here, but couldn't find it. Anyway, you need to sign up on a hosting service - Image Shack is out for SF issues. I use Photobucket and it works fine. Upload to the host then copy and paste.
post #13642 of 122416
kgmessier, thank you!
post #13643 of 122416
i recently purchased a pair of whiskey longwings from alden of carmel. before trying shoes on i usually inspect them first. on the inner side of the left shoe i noticed a deformity/welt in the leather. i asked adam what options i had for this problem. here's a cut n paste of his email reply: "Hi Nate In this case, with a small imperfection, which is common with shell cordovan shoes, we will provide the option of a discount or refund, but not exchange. Sincerely, Adam, Alden of Carmel" the discount, by the way, was $50. what would you guys do? return for full refund or take the discount? i don't understand why he wouldn't just let me exchange it for another pair .... weird.
post #13644 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
the discount, by the way, was $50. what would you guys do? return for full refund or take the discount? i don't understand why he wouldn't just let me exchange it for another pair .... weird.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=photo5.jpg

AofC apparently doesn't like exchanges. He probably won't give you a refund if you've creased the shoe at all. If you deal w/Shoemart or Leather Soul you may not run into this so much.

If it were me I'd take the $50 - chances are you won't notice the flaw after a few wears and if it bubbles out or looks bad, Alden should warrant it.
post #13645 of 122416
Imgur also works really well and is very simple to use.
post #13646 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
kgmessier, thank you!

Imgur also works really well and is very simple to use.
post #13647 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
i recently purchased a pair of whiskey longwings from alden of carmel. before trying shoes on i usually inspect them first. on the inner side of the left shoe i noticed a deformity/welt in the leather. i asked adam what options i had for this problem. here's a cut n paste of his email reply:"Hi NateIn this case, with a small imperfection, which is common with shell cordovan shoes, we will provide the option of a discount or refund, but not exchange.
Sincerely, Adam, Alden of Carmel" the discount, by the way, was $50. what would you guys do? return for full refund or take the discount? i don't understand why he wouldn't just let me exchange it for another pair .... weird.

Send that crap back and make him refund, those shoes should of came in perfect condition, Alden of Carmel really sucks as far as their customer service, i would never do business with them, one bad experience was enough for me. At the price of $715+shipping you can do way better,
check leffot, Steven is cool, has lots of alden
leathersoul, Tom(LSW) and Bryan(LSBH) are good guys, also lots of alden, will go out of their way to help you and will treat you better than Adam
shoehealer, Richard has trickers, alfred sargent and many others
shoesnorthampton, have a lot of C&J
post #13648 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i recently purchased a pair of whiskey longwings from alden of carmel. before trying shoes on i usually inspect them first. on the inner side of the left shoe i noticed a deformity/welt in the leather. i asked adam what options i had for this problem. here's a cut n paste of his email reply:

"Hi Nate

In this case, with a small imperfection, which is common with shell cordovan shoes, we will provide the option of a discount or refund, but not exchange.

Sincerely, Adam, Alden of Carmel"

the discount, by the way, was $50. what would you guys do? return for full refund or take the discount? i don't understand why he wouldn't just let me exchange it for another pair .... weird.


Wow, that's really crappy. When my long awaited ravello LWBs got to Alden in DC with a rumpled vamp (along the lines of the #8 LWBs above) they offered me a $125 discount and the option of a return for complete refund, before I ever saw the shoes.

I'm bummed to hear it, as AofC have a great lineup.
post #13649 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
AofC apparently doesn't like exchanges. He probably won't give you a refund if you've creased the shoe at all. If you deal w/Shoemart or Leather Soul you may not run into this so much. If it were me I'd take the $50 - chances are you won't notice the flaw after a few wears and if it bubbles out or looks bad, Alden should warrant it.
for that price the flaw is unacceptable!
post #13650 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
for that price the flaw is unacceptable!

Just shoot em back to Alden HQ. They'll either repair or replace. Call first to let them know whats up and that you weren't happy with AoC's arrangement.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.