or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 890  

post #13336 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks206 View Post
Hey do you, or anyone else, know if the pre-order that Alden DC is doing is the EXACT shoe that Mac has on but in boot form?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
I'm confused, Alden DC is doing a pre-order for a ravello medallion cap toe boot? I thought they were doing a pre-order for the ravello medallion cap toe blucher (which I already have ).
I'm pretty sure that the Alden DC preorder that everyone has been talking about is for the blucher, not the boot, though I didn't ask Kathy directly when I placed mine. Realistically speaking, I'd be fine either way, but since this one will definitely be on the Plaza last, I would probably prefer the blucher. However, a boot version on the Grant, Barrie, or Trubalance last would be really cool, I'd get in on that if it ever came to be.
post #13337 of 122416
I have some shadow fail here, but here is the color of my new Ravello Wingtip boots. to my eye I see a lot of caramel/mid brown, not a lot of red like some other pics I have seen (like epaulet version of this boot)
post #13338 of 122416
I've been on a suede kick lately. I really wish I had seen this special makeup from J. Gilbert earlier:

Punch-cap bal, plaza last, brown suede with single oiled leather outsole:



They still have 9.5D, 10D and 12D available - price is $425.
post #13339 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Hi folks on Alden thread, I recently worked on a scanlation of a shoe dissection article from the Japanese magazine MEN's EX. Basically, those folks dissected a whole bunch of expensive shoes, an Alden V-Tip in Modified Last (Japanese favorite), EG Dover, G&G St.James II, and a JM Weston Golf. lotsa interesting material here. Hope you folks enjoy my Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
translation, not perfect, but should be understandable. Better quality files are attached below. Enjoy Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
thanks man. this is really cool. you did a great job
post #13340 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
Good luck with that - you'll be the only one trying for a pair of ravellos on sale!

I had NO PROBLEM buying both LWB in Cigar and a pair of the Ravello short wings boots early Feb this year AFTER the 10% off sale. I have no reason to doubt that the Ravello NST will be available in my size at the start of the sale coming up. If not, no big deal. Presently, they have almost every size available and they've had them for a long time. The Ravello NST seems to not be a popular shoe.
post #13341 of 122416
I think if you see a pair of rare shell Alden's you really want you buy them now without waiting for the sale. You never know when your size will be gone and 10% isn't a huge deal to save. Yiudont know how much longer you'll have to wait. For other leathers I would wait
post #13342 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post
I have some shadow fail here, but here is the color of my new Ravello Wingtip boots. to my eye I see a lot of caramel/mid brown, not a lot of red like some other pics I have seen (like epaulet version of this boot) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Epaulet version isn't red. My Epaulet wing tip ravello boots looked like this when they were new. Mine have a greater shine and have darkened with wear.
post #13343 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post
Those Ravello NST of mrUnicorns are lighter in color that the Whiskey NST that Mac is wearing today. I want a pair of Ravello NST but i'm afraid to order over the internet for fear of getting a light colored pair. When the Shoe Mart has its Alden sale i'm going to call see if they can pick me out a pair of Ravello's with a lot of red tones in them.
Don't be afraid. I'm sure you'll be fine. The difference is, I'm sure, due to wear and camera/lighting variances. What is this Shoemart sale you speak of? Irregulars?
post #13344 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
I'm confused, Alden DC is doing a pre-order for a ravello medallion cap toe boot? I thought they were doing a pre-order for the ravello medallion cap toe blucher (which I already have ).

pre-order is for a blucher, NOT a boot !
post #13345 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks206 View Post
Hey do you, or anyone else, know if the pre-order that Alden DC is doing is the EXACT shoe that Mac has on but in boot form?


As much as I love the shoes that Mac has I think Id perfer to have these...



..but I dont know if I'd ever get a chance to snag a pair (Anyone with a 10.5??? Please PM me!) so I might look into getting a pair of the make-up Alden DC is coming out with.

Damn, that boot is sick ! Details???
post #13346 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post
I have some shadow fail here, but here is the color of my new Ravello Wingtip boots. to my eye I see a lot of caramel/mid brown, not a lot of red like some other pics I have seen (like epaulet version of this boot)


Wow, that didn't take long. Those the ones you ordered Thursday? Mine are still in New Jersey on their way to North Dakota. Really nice too! Can't wait to wear 'em.
post #13347 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Hi folks on Alden thread,

I recently worked on a scanlation of a shoe dissection article from the Japanese magazine MEN's EX. Basically, those folks dissected a whole bunch of expensive shoes, an Alden V-Tip in Modified Last (Japanese favorite), EG Dover, G&G St.James II, and a JM Weston Golf. lotsa interesting material here. Hope you folks enjoy my translation, not perfect, but should be understandable. Better quality files are attached below. Enjoy ]

Incredible. Lotsa gemming all around!
post #13348 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post
Wow, that didn't take long. Those the ones you ordered Thursday? Mine are still in New Jersey on their way to North Dakota. Really nice too! Can't wait to wear 'em.

Yeah I live 3 hours from shoemart so shipping is fast
post #13349 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post
Wow, that didn't take long. Those the ones you ordered Thursday? Mine are still in New Jersey on their way to North Dakota. Really nice too! Can't wait to wear 'em.
Where did you guys order them from?
post #13350 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post
I had NO PROBLEM buying both LWB in Cigar and a pair of the Ravello short wings boots early Feb this year AFTER the 10% off sale. I have no reason to doubt that the Ravello NST will be available in my size at the start of the sale coming up. If not, no big deal. Presently, they have almost every size available and they've had them for a long time. The Ravello NST seems to not be a popular shoe.

There is going to be an Alden DC sale? When?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.