or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 878  

post #13156 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
how used are they?

Very lightly used - post is up in B&S.
post #13157 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessDan View Post
only problem is I can't seem to find them in a light brown calfskin. Shell cordovan is out of my budget.

just save up, it is worth it
post #13158 of 122416
Friends, I recently got a 403, Size 10D. All my life since i"ve been an adult, I've worn 11D in American shoes and 45.5 (11.5D) in Italian/Swiss shoes, and 10.5 in English shoes. The powers that be determined my trubalance size to be 10D, based on Brannock measurements of my foot. The 403s fit my foot perfectly. The length is perfect, in the sense that my foot just sits in there, it cannot be pushed forward or backwards at all. The width is a bit snug but comfy. While walking, my foot is not sliding inside the shoe at all. After wearing for 2 hours once, I get this horrible "wrinkling" on the uppers of the boot, that you can see in the photo. Worn another 2-3 hours walking, wrinkling gets worse, and my foot feels odd in the shoes after wearing for a long time. What is wrong? Too small? For comparison, the last photo shows a pair of loafers that I've worn many times, and you can see where and how the "wrinkling" happens there. The loafers are size UK10.5Medium. Any advice gratefully appreciated!
post #13159 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
Friends, I recently got a 403, Size 10D. All my life since i"ve been an adult, I've worn 11D in American shoes and 45.5 (11.5D) in Italian/Swiss shoes, and 10.5 in English shoes. The powers that be determined my trubalance size to be 10D, based on Brannock measurements of my foot. The 403s fit my foot perfectly. The length is perfect, in the sense that my foot just sits in there, it cannot be pushed forward or backwards at all. The width is a bit snug but comfy. While walking, my foot is not sliding inside the shoe at all. After wearing for 2 hours once, I get this horrible "wrinkling" on the uppers of the boot, that you can see in the photo. Worn another 2-3 hours walking, wrinkling gets worse, and my foot feels odd in the shoes after wearing for a long time. What is wrong? Too small? For comparison, the last photo shows a pair of loafers that I've worn many times, and you can see where and how the "wrinkling" happens there. The loafers are size UK10.5Medium. Any advice gratefully appreciated!
What do you mean by your foot feels odd? Too tight? High instep? As for the wrinkling these are 403's right? CXL is going wrinkle…that's the beauty of it. Don't compare it to calfskin dress shoe for CXL has different characteristics.
post #13160 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post
What do you mean by your foot feels odd? Too tight? High instep?

As for the wrinkling these are 403's right? CXL is going wrinkle...that's the beauty of it. Don't compare it to calfskin dress shoe for CXL has different characteristics.

No, my instep is pretty normal, and maybe it feels a little tight but not noticeably painful like shoes that are too small. I get no blisters (although my pinkys are a little pinker). It could just be because I'm not used to wearing such heavy shoes.

Yes, these are 403s in CXL, but I have other shoes and boatshoes made of CXL, which do not wrinkle to this extent at all. IN fact, to the average guy on the street, this wrinkling would look like leather that is "cheap shit from China that wrinkles after 2 wears" instead of the fabled CXL!
post #13161 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
just save up, it is worth it

Yeah the whiskey shells look so nice. Also concerned about the breathability and heaviness though as I live in DC and probably wouldn't be able to wear them half the year.
post #13162 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
No, my instep is pretty normal, and maybe it feels a little tight but not noticeably painful like shoes that are too small. I get no blisters (although my pinkys are a little pinker). It could just be because I'm not used to wearing such heavy shoes.

Yes, these are 403s in CXL, but I have other shoes and boatshoes made of CXL, which do not wrinkle to this extent at all. IN fact, to the average guy on the street, this wrinkling would look like leather that is "cheap shit from China that wrinkles after 2 wears" instead of the fabled CXL!
If they are the right size they will loosen up a bit after more wears. As for the wrinkling this is consistent with my CXL experience. If you want to minimize the wrinkling use shoe trees and don't wear the boots on consecutive days. I think the wrinkling adds character and they are technically "work boots". Here's a link on CXL…http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel®-2/ Enjoy your purchase they look great, and don't fret on the wrinkling.
post #13163 of 122416


cigar lhs
argyles otc
post #13164 of 122416
Beautiful shoes ^
post #13165 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
yeah those boots are cool, but those shortwings imo are terrible, though i hate most shortwings.

You are a retard.
post #13166 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessDan View Post
Yeah the whiskey shells look so nice. Also concerned about the breathability and heaviness though as I live in DC and probably wouldn't be able to wear them half the year.

I live in MS and breathability of shell has never been an issue for me.
post #13167 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
You are a retard.

mhmm. earlier today i put him on my ignore list. wish i had done it sooner.
post #13168 of 122416
Quick PSA: I'm selling my Roy boots in size 10.5D (barrie last). Link to B&S post in my sig.
post #13169 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
the PTB, LWB, pretty much any barrie lasted shoe is very heavy. mine are heavier than my work boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
All of my Aldens are quite heavy. Perhaps it's the wood mid-sole and leather sole.

All Aldens are heavy, it's probably due mostly to the steel shank. The midsole is cork, not wood.
post #13170 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
mhmm. earlier today i put him on my ignore list. wish i had done it sooner.

Having him on ignore made the forum much more tolerable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.