or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 864  

post #12946 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
Happy show off your Aldens and no sizing question day!

Here's a more modest collection.

#8 Longwings, Brown calf longwings from JCrew, Cigar PTB, and unlined tan suede chukkas.

(3 pairs are in transit: Ravello LWB from Leffot, and Snuff suede PTB and burnished tan v-tips from Leather Soul)

post #12947 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Another thing I've been thinking about lately, as my collection has grown: Do you guys put special riders on your home insurance for your Aldens? I'm sure those collections are worth well over $10K (and many irreplaceable).

Insurance riders are usually sold for pieces that have a market and an appraisal value, I believe. I'm sure that shoes would fall under personal property and be subject to depreciation for a payout. Zippy may have paid 10K (?) but the market wouldn't pay him that much if he wanted to liquidate - they are used shoes.
post #12948 of 122416
[quote=zippyh;4451242]Happy show off your Aldens and no sizing question day!

outstanding wardrobe

i assume you void loafers
post #12949 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Cordovan in one shot and non-cordo in the other.

outstanding collection

consider the method
post #12950 of 122416
[quote=CTYGGG;4451447]My Alden Collection

outstanding collection
post #12951 of 122416


whiskey ptb
argyles otc
post #12952 of 122416
[quote=mcarthur;4452171]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
Happy show off your Aldens and no sizing question day!

outstanding wardrobe

i assume you void loafers

Thanks mac.
I've got a couple pairs of C&J cordovan loafers and few other misc brand loafers but in general loafers just don't do it for me.
post #12953 of 122416
Sorry to be boring, but i need some serious sizing advice.

I've just had to send back a pair of PTBs, size 8.5D, as they were way too small and i couldn't even get my foot all the way in the shoe. Unfortunately i live a million miles from an Alden retailer so i can't try the shoes on in physical space.

Now i'm usually a 9 lengthways, but almost always have trouble fitting a regular width shoe. I also have a very high instep.

So i've just sent back these PTBs, and the store don't want to issue a refund. They're happy to provide another size for me to try, however. What would you advise i ask them to send?

Apologies again people, but would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
post #12954 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlorian View Post
Sorry to be boring, but i need some serious sizing advice.

I've just had to send back a pair of PTBs, size 8.5D, as they were way too small and i couldn't even get my foot all the way in the shoe. Unfortunately i live a million miles from an Alden retailer so i can't try the shoes on in physical space.

Now i'm usually a 9 lengthways, but almost always have trouble fitting a regular width shoe. I also have a very high instep.

So i've just sent back these PTBs, and the store don't want to issue a refund. They're happy to provide another size for me to try, however. What would you advise i ask them to send?

Apologies again people, but would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Are these on the Barrie last? If so, they are more generous in the toe box, so you may find you don't have as much trouble with the width as you would with a typical dress shoe.

Was the length as issue as well? If so, by how much? It's hard to tell if you'd benefit more from a 9D or a 9.5D.
post #12955 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlorian View Post
Now i'm usually a 9 lengthways, but almost always have trouble fitting a regular width shoe. I also have a very high instep.

Thanks

What brand shoes are you a 9? When you say trouble w/a medium width do you mean too tight?

You need to provide more info to get any useful help.
post #12956 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
Are these on the Barrie last? If so, they are more generous in the toe box, so you may find you don't have as much trouble with the width as you would with a typical dress shoe.

Was the length as issue as well? If so, by how much? It's hard to tell if you'd benefit more from a 9D or a 9.5D.

Yeah - they're on the Barrie. TBH i'm not even able to get my foot into the shoe as it's too narrow for my toes to fit into. I think if i could get my foot into the shoe the toebox may be wide enough. It's too narrow for me at the opening. Length itself doesn't look like a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
What brand shoes are you a 9? When you say trouble w/a medium width do you mean too tight?

You need to provide more info to get any useful help.

I'm always very difficult to fit, but as i said - i live nowhere remotely near an Alden retailer so thought i'd take a punt. Yeah - the width is a problem, and i think the vamp may be a little low for me, too. Hard to say as i couldn't get my wide foot through the opening anyway. I'm a 9 lengthways in anything i fit - sneaker, boot or dress shoe. I tend to wear sneakers more than anything else simply because the fit is easier.

Thanks for the quick replies!
post #12957 of 122416
^ Barrie's run 1/2 size big so you'd presumably take a an 8.5 wide. The shell PTB's tend to be a little roomier. Try talking to Tom or Brian at Leather Sole - I know Tom wears a wide in Alden.

luck
post #12958 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
sand suede unlined chukkas. Blue suede chukkas.

Do you think you need shoe trees for the suede boots?
post #12959 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
Here's a more modest collection.

#8 Longwings, Brown calf longwings from JCrew, Cigar PTB, and unlined tan suede chukkas.

(3 pairs are in transit: Ravello LWB from Leffot, and Snuff suede PTB and burnished tan v-tips from Leather Soul)


OK, the Ravello from Leffot showed up today, here it is:





I love this color. Earlier this year I bought a pair of whiskey LWB that I returned because they were too light for my taste. But these are awesome.
post #12960 of 122416
Technically this is all mine:

Alden Collection
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.