Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 854  

post #12796 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
oh man soooooooooooooooooooooo pumped for mine

you will be pleased
post #12797 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925 View Post
a long long wait for these



ends up they don't come in E width

enjoy wearing your ravello lwb. remember to use the break in procedure
post #12798 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
enjoy wearing your ravello lwb. remember to use the break in procedure
Wear them around the house for several hours? Or do you mean the "pen trick", or something else entirely?
post #12799 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post
Wear them around the house for several hours? Or do you mean the "pen trick", or something else entirely?

wear at least three different times walking on carpeting before you take the shoes to walk on the concrete to ascertain that the fit is right for you
post #12800 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
wear at least three different times walking on carpeting before you take the shoes to walk on the concrete to ascertain that the fit is right for you
The mac method. : )
post #12801 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
wear at least three different times walking on carpeting before you take the shoes to walk on the concrete to ascertain that the fit is right for you

Excellent advice. I like to wear them longer each time, although with shell it's difficult (for most of us, anyway, seemingly not you!) to keep from creasing them.
post #12802 of 122416
Red Brick Sole Longwings at Frans Boone.
post #12803 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkusmant View Post
Thanks, I use Venetian shoe cream for the Ultimate Indy + horsehair brush + flannel buff, I want to keep it dressy enough.

Yes size 13D trubalance is a little wide but I wear my hiking boots pretty often, if I want to wear dress socks then put a thin insole.

I get my Ultimate Indy and #8 from LSBH and Cigar from Leffot. I'm hunting for snuff suede and whiskey now...



post #12804 of 122416
post #12805 of 122416
zippyh, that's evil post haha. I wish Alden allow independent group order easily.
post #12806 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
Red Brick Sole Longwings at Frans Boone.

If only those weren't on the Barrie last, and didn't cost $590 (with 20% VAT refund), they would be my perfect spring-summer shoe!
post #12807 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post
If only those weren't on the Barrie last, and didn't cost $590 (with 20% VAT refund), they would be my perfect spring-summer shoe!

Wish they had my size still...would kop.
post #12808 of 122416


color 4 and black saddle
argyles otc
post #12809 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
The Trubalance is just a really wide last, I've had the same experience fitting it as you described. I never tried going down a width, but what I ultimately ended up doing in your situation is going with the larger of the two sizes and wearing thicker socks. That ended up being the more comfortable solution for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
I sent you this already, but I think with boots, it is not bad to have some extra room in the shoe to account for thick socks. Given the truebalance is a wide last, it will fit wide. I'm not sure if E is necessary if you are between D and E (as I often am). I would just size up a half and stay in D. I find with Alden, E is necessary with narrower lasts like Aberdeen but less so with fuller lasts like Barrie/Truebalance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
Friend, you are asking the wrong person.
This forum is great for looking at pictures and finding out about the interesting things that are out there, but at the end, I wouldn't trust sizing advice here. Case in point- my 3 month sizing disaster.

Thanks guys, I placed a very thin insole and they fit spot on.
And now that you mention it when I first tried them on I may have been wearing a thicker sock back then, seeing how it was colder up here in February...oops, my bad

So, wore them today and so far so good. Leather is a little stiff but that's to be expected.
Cheers.
post #12810 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post
Thanks guys, I placed a very thin insole and they fit spot on.
And now that you mention it when I first tried them on I may have been wearing a thicker sock back then, seeing how it was colder up here in February...oops, my bad

So, wore them today and so far so good. Leather is a little stiff but that's to be expected.
Cheers.

which insole did you use? from Shoe Company?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.