or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 813  

post #12181 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
Thanks man. I agree with you on the chukka/suit thing. I'm not the biggest fan of captoes, but what do I know. Wingtips would be nice, although I thought it may be too much with a gp suit? Thoughts? I don't need much coercion to get some wingtips though.

+1 on the wingtips - Color 8 would look killer, imho.
post #12182 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
Thanks man. I agree with you on the chukka/suit thing. I'm not the biggest fan of captoes, but what do I know. Wingtips would be nice, although I thought it may be too much with a gp suit? Thoughts? I don't need much coercion to get some wingtips though.
Something reassuring about wingtips. Maybe it's because they look like they're descended from armored suits? If I had to choose just one pair, I'd say LWBs or SWBs in Ravello or Cigar. The SWBoot in Ravello has been my go-to kick for a couple months. Love em.
post #12183 of 122416
Man, I didn't think this would be easy, but you guys have made my head explode. Fuck. Ravello or Cigar for sure. I have some Color 8, looking for something new. Dayammm! Thanks for all the advice!!!!
post #12184 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Awesome. Are those Indy's or the Oxford version?


thanks, those are the oxfords..
post #12185 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimabue View Post
Are those NSTs? I got 'em too and agree with you.
Nah, not NSTs. Just regular Indy Oxfords.
post #12186 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post
light grey with little red in there? sounds like color 8 to me! don't count out the original.

Agree. Virgin Color 8 can look very black at first, though. Need a Color 8 shoe with some age on it.
post #12187 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
Could be Leffot. The ravello captoe boots posted a few pages back are from them, I believe.

Even if it's not, Leffot regularly stocks Ravello captoe boots. One of their "regular specials" I believe.

really? what last is it on do you know? guess it doesnt matter since im on the list for the ravello captoe order for the DC alden store but just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post
NorthRiver Outfitters in Boston and other MA locations should do just fine. I got my Chrome Excell Indy's there when everyone else was sold out.

not on their site. was it just an instore limited run?
post #12188 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
Man, I didn't think this would be easy, but you guys have made my head explode. Fuck. Ravello or Cigar for sure. I have some Color 8, looking for something new. Dayammm! Thanks for all the advice!!!!

Cigar is less versatile than one might think. Would say that Ravello or Color 8 are the best choices in your case. Black is also safe, but black shoes aren't all that interesting on the whole.
post #12189 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
really? what last is it on do you know? guess it doesnt matter since im on the list for the ravello captoe order for the DC alden store but just curious

Don't know off hand. Stephen would be able to help you there, but from the pictures a few pages back, I believe the Plaza or Grant are reasonable guesses. Then again, the insidious Barrie last has a way of popping up where you least expect it.
post #12190 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
Cigar is less versatile than one might think. Would say that Ravello or Color 8 are the best choices in your case. Black is also safe, but black shoes aren't all that interesting on the whole.

i thought cigar was more versatile. cigar is just what most people would think of as "brown." maybe its cuz i havent gotten any ravello yet but i thought cigar was real easy. obviously #8 is easy as well being burgundy.
post #12191 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
really? what last is it on do you know? guess it doesnt matter since im on the list for the ravello captoe order for the DC alden store but just curious



not on their site. was it just an instore limited run?

Jeesh! - http://www.northriveroutfitter.com/p...ome_excel.html
post #12192 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post

ahhh ... nvm for some reason i read your post as natty chromexcel. my b
post #12193 of 122416
sorry I couldnt resist.. anyone know if they run tts?
post #12194 of 122416
This is awesome. Thank you!

Is there something similar for the different alden welts with pictures? and what they are each best suited for?

One for the different soles and heels would help me too. I feel like this really helped me get the names of the lasts down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post
found this
post #12195 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Not typical beach-wear...but #8 Indy's will do just fine when asked....a beautiful sunny days in SF:



I was just @ the beach in SF (crissy field) with my Alden Indys.

Beautiful few days, makes up for that rain we had.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.