or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 8110  

post #121636 of 122416

Nice Mac!  Tone on tone?

post #121637 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post



king saddle
argyles otc
Uncle, great shine on the saddles- you wear the well!
post #121638 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Nice Mac!  Tone on tone?

nephew,
thank you
it is monotone
Edited by mcarthur - 12/17/15 at 8:09pm
post #121639 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstldr View Post

Uncle, great shine on the saddles- you wear the well!

nephew,
thank you
post #121640 of 122416
Hello Alden Illuminati

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a shoe tree for the Aberdeen Last? I've got a size 8.5 Captoe Blucher in shell cordovan that I'm in the process of breaking in. I've tried just about every shoe tree by woodlore - the ultra, epic twin tube, combination, full. The epic twin tube comes closest, but it still leaves the a lot of room right behind the widest part of the shoe on the inside at the join.

Anyone come across a shoe tree that works really well for the Aberdeen Last?
post #121641 of 122416
Yenni is beyond the best really in a class all her own. NST boots arrived today with horween stamp and trees in tow.
post #121642 of 122416

Is anyone here waiting for the Fransboone ravello indys on plaza? Any news? 

post #121643 of 122416
fuck fransboone
post #121644 of 122416

^^ I am but no news....

post #121645 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
 

Is anyone here waiting for the Fransboone ravello indys on plaza? Any news? 

 

say what?

post #121646 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

say what?

 

it's a 2012 pre order and was said to go into production in Nov 2014 and ETA Jan/Feb 2015. However, no further news until today. :fu:

post #121647 of 122416
did you guy paid deposit at 2012?
post #121648 of 122416

^ I did

post #121649 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

Is anyone here waiting for the Fransboone ravello indys on plaza? Any news? 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

say what?
That's one of my holy grails. I assume that pre-order is full, though? I think I need to write or call them.

On a side note, the Dr Jones boot from Fransboone (i.e. the Plaza last) fits me perfectly, better than any other boot I've tried. First time trying it with Chup socks, when I put my right foot into the boot the foot pressed out all the air, there was an almost slurping sound and the boot hugged my foot vacuum-tight. Almost a surreal experience.

post #121650 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post


That's one of my holy grails. I assume that pre-order is full, though? I think I need to write or call them.

On a side note, the Dr Jones boot from Fransboone (i.e. the Plaza last) fits me perfectly, better than any other boot I've tried. First time trying it with Chup socks, when I put my right foot into the boot the foot pressed out all the air, there was an almost slurping sound and the boot hugged my foot vacuum-tight. Almost a surreal experience.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

hahaha...I can feel the comfort just by reading your description.

 

They look very sharp on you, Tommy! Congrats!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.