I may be the one guy that prefers the dark edging on this model.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 8085post #121261 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:08ampost #121262 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:17ampost #121263 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:19ampost #121264 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:20ampost #121265 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by 100 yrs
thanks to the dude that passed up on the pre-order for these due to a mix-up from the factory on edge color...
#8 nst boot on aberdeen, commando soles from brick + morter Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your new NST Boots are looking terrific. I agree with you on the superior styling of these with the dark edge, but had to personally pass due to having the Frans Boone Dr Jones already and happened to be wearing them when I was informed.Quote:Originally Posted by deepitm
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I've been having quite a bit of wear in the inside heel cups of my Indy captoes lately and it's exposing the hard interior as the leather inner lining is almost worn thru in spots. I'm wondering if this is something a cobbler can fix or if even Alden themselves could fix it? I'm worried that it may mean I have to put some sort of padding over the wear spot, which I would prefer not to do. If any of you could weigh in, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would personally call the factory and see what they say if you ask them. Their number is on aldenshoe.com. Alternatively, a respectable cobbler may be able to fix that as well.
-Mikepost #121266 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:28ampost #121267 of 12241612/13/15 at 10:34ampost #121268 of 12241612/13/15 at 11:01ampost #121269 of 12241612/13/15 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by TommyB
Yes, I've never tried a Grant-lasted boot but I'm on a few wait lists for boots on Grant so trying to dial in my size on that last.
The Dr Jones boots on Plaza in 9.5D fit me perfectly, and shell Chukkas on Barrie in 9D are also a good fit. My shell LWB shoes on Barrie in 9D are just a tad big, though, and I have a nagging suspicion that 8.5D might actually be a better fit.
So I wonder if I should go with my TTS size 9.5D for Grant boots or size down to 9D? I guess 9.5D is the safest bet, especially since I feel it's okay if boots fit a little bit more loose than shoes.
FWIW.....The guys at Alden SF described the Grant as a Barrie with a more narrow toe box. After trying a Grant boot on, I see exactly what they mean and, understand why some guys have a hard time finding the right size. It does not work for me, but obviously some people love it. Personally I would not size down, and if you have a low instep it might not be the best fit for you. Good luck!post #121270 of 12241612/13/15 at 11:47ampost #121271 of 12241612/13/15 at 12:14pmQuote:
Ask Yenni at Brick+Mortar. I believe that they are lined.post #121272 of 12241612/13/15 at 12:23pmpost #121273 of 12241612/13/15 at 12:28pmQuote:
awesome boots and loafers dubs. killing it this weekend.post #121274 of 12241612/13/15 at 12:28pmpost #121275 of 12241612/13/15 at 12:38pmQuote:Hi gforce,Originally Posted by gforce
FWIW.....The guys at Alden SF described the Grant as a Barrie with a more narrow toe box. After trying a Grant boot on, I see exactly what they mean and, understand why some guys have a hard time finding the right size. It does not work for me, but obviously some people love it. Personally I would not size down, and if you have a low instep it might not be the best fit for you. Good luck!
Thanks for the input, it's very much appreciated. I do have a low instep so Grant might be a tricky last for me. But I need the Ravello captoe boot on Grant!
I'll be in San Francisco in a few weeks, maybe I should visit Alden SF and see if I can try on a pair of 4060, I've understood that they love people coming in to try on shoes just to figure out their size...
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1170 Active Users (182 Members and 988 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 29 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 15 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 27 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 43 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...