I don't have much on my want list, but...whiskey cordovan loafers are at the top. You all wear them well. I need to zero in on my van last sizing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 8050post #120736 of 12241612/4/15 at 5:05pmpost #120737 of 12241612/4/15 at 5:22pmWant list, you say? Interesting topic. If Santa delivered Alden shoes, what would be on your list? Here's mine.
Plaza semi brogue in 8 and/or black
Harrison cigar Dover
Shell plaza nst - boot, shoe, chukka, whatever
Any whiskey bootpost #120738 of 12241612/4/15 at 5:58pmQuote:
Whiskey cordovan LHS
Color 8 wingtip boot, antique edge, commando, plaza (J Gilbert) or grant(B&M) last
Cigar balmoral semi-brogue
Green suede LHS - not sure this is even made.
Navy CXL wingtip boot-B&M model
Whiskey cordovan loafer if LHS is unavailable😄
If unable to find the cigar balmoral, an AE strand brown cordovan may have to fill in.
That Leffot Norman Vilalta green pebble grain boot keeps calling to me. Glad I don't live in NY anymore sometimes!
I guess there is more on there then I thought😉post #120739 of 12241612/4/15 at 6:35pmpost #120740 of 12241612/4/15 at 6:41pmpost #120741 of 12241612/4/15 at 6:43pmpost #120742 of 12241612/4/15 at 6:48pmpost #120743 of 12241612/4/15 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bbombers85
Per my records, Leffot offered the tankers 5/15/15 and the reverse chamois wingtip boot 5/18/15. Considering the tankers are tougher to produce due to their handsewn nature, I'm hoping the chamois WTB aren't far behind!
Also, I (and a few others) put a deposit for Contex tankers in March. Hopefully those come in soon too.
Wound't mind a slight stagger between to too for the wallet's sake.Quote:
While not entirely the same conversation it's similar enough......I'm dying waiting for Yenni's reverse chamois WT boots. She said hers are not expected until late winter 2016.
I hope yours arrive sooner than thatpost #120744 of 12241612/4/15 at 8:53pmQuote:
OLD greenish hue cigar Barrie tankers
#8 shell grain Barrie tankers
Ls 4/4 #4 shell dovers
Ravello nst chukkas
And many many morepost #120745 of 12241612/4/15 at 9:10pmSeeing if someone could help me with a question, I'm pretty new to Alden recently picked up the Alden 974's in a 9.5, I wear between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on brand. When I push my toes as far as I can into the toe box there is about .5 to .75 inches between my heel and the shoe and looks slightly longer than my other shoes. So here's my question, is the model a little more elongated than let's say a blucher or is the sizing not correct?
Edited by kbadgley84 - 12/4/15 at 9:56pmpost #120746 of 12241612/4/15 at 11:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by kbadgley84
Seeing if someone could help me with a question, I'm pretty new to Alden recently picked up the Alden 974's in a 9.5, I wear between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on brand. When I push my toes as far as I can into the toe box there is about .5 to .75 inches between my heel and the shoe and looks slightly longer than my other shoes. So here's my question, is the model a little more elongated than let's say a blucher or is the sizing not correct?
Alden uses a variety of lasts, which not surprisingly fit differently. It is common to have to adjust length and sometimes width to get a good fit. I could be wrong, but I think it is very rare for people to increase length.
It is common for people to go down half a size, however. Your shoe is made on the Tremont last, which by consensus fits long. So try a half size smaller.post #120747 of 12241612/5/15 at 5:15ampost #120748 of 12241612/5/15 at 5:17ampost #120749 of 12241612/5/15 at 5:57ampost #120750 of 12241612/5/15 at 5:58am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › " During the 70s" 15 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 17 minutes ago
- › Suits by Jantzen 19 minutes ago
- › HK Trip purchases - opinions please 19 minutes ago
- › So I placed my first Jantzen order in November... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...