Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 8045post #120662 of 12241612/3/15 at 1:14pmpost #120663 of 12241612/3/15 at 1:20pmpost #120664 of 12241612/3/15 at 1:42pmpost #120665 of 12241612/3/15 at 2:48pmpost #120666 of 12241612/3/15 at 2:51pmpost #120667 of 12241612/3/15 at 3:33pm
Thanks, brother! I know the flex sole is uncomfortable for some, but I think these wear like slippers. There's something endearing about the copious rolls too. These guys hang on to water spots though. But they're only noticeable in direct sunlight.post #120668 of 12241612/3/15 at 4:07pmTotally get that.. Posted a photo earlier with water mark from grooming whatever. Gone now. Wear the shell.. Awesome Unlined #8 Dover. Love that makeup. Need to get on that list... BTW 9D NIB lurkers pm. Good night to all, it's been nasty here in the West...post #120669 of 12241612/3/15 at 5:00pmQuote:it look like a barrie last cap toe boot
tassels make cap toe boot named "hunting boot" with a 270degree welt and barrie last, you can google it and see.
But if you dont mind the last and welt, just buy the alden 4060 in grant last and 360welt as it will be easier to buypost #120670 of 12241612/3/15 at 5:34pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Enjoy often and in the best of health my friend! Fine acquisition!
Extremely underrated Uncle. You wear them quite well!
Fine combo Dubsy! Lookin' quite dapper my friend!Quote:
I like this boot a little more each time I see them! Enjoy often my friend!Quote:Originally Posted by stevefok
Always too lazy sharing photos here as IG is too convenient. But would like to take some time to share these Saddles that I recently acquired.
This is a pair of Color 8 Scotch Grain Shell x Black Shell Saddles. Alden made these for SHIPS Japan's 30th anniversary. Base on the code inside the shoes, these should be made around 2007. I am really delighted to be able to get this pair in BNIB condition. The Grain shell is truly something else and I can't wait to see how they age.
Hubba hubba... Enjoy them often my friend!Quote:
Kickin' myself for telling Anthony that I couldn't buy them when I got the call a couple of weeks ago! Fabulous my friend, enjoy!
Another wonderful cigar make-up. Lookin' great my friend!
IMO, the quintessential Alden make-up!Quote:Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
I really like the regular color 8 over the newer batch that looks like cigar. The Leffot Naval has more than 30 wears, worn to the Arizona & Utah desert, gum from the Vegas bars, and who knows what... but it is still very dark. The JCrew PCT has only a handful of wears but has patina'd nicely. Hopefully the newer crop of color 8s are like the older shade.Quote:Quote:
I can't keep up. Y'all are Killin' it in a big way! Cheers friends... enjoy often and in great health!
Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 12/3/15 at 8:24pmpost #120671 of 12241612/3/15 at 5:38pmpost #120672 of 12241612/3/15 at 5:56pmpost #120673 of 12241612/3/15 at 6:15pmpost #120674 of 12241612/3/15 at 6:20pmQuote:Good to see ya Repster.. Awesome makeup!Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Long time since I posted a pic. Traveling to Tampa for a conference. Natty Chrmxl LWBs are a fine travel shoe! Sorry for the lousy i-phone pic in the airport. @tampatravel
are you around town at all old friend??post #120675 of 12241612/3/15 at 6:30pmI know nothing about Alden other than the fact that they're nice looking shoes. I'd like a pair of snuff suede pennies but don't want to pay the $650 cdn required to get my hands on them. There's a pair available to me at a very good price I'm eyeing but it's in an awkward size. I'm usually a 9D and these are a 9.5C. Would these fit if I wore an insert or something?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...