Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 8035post #120512 of 12241612/1/15 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by jhcam8
Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Alden x Frans Boone Color 8 "Dr. Jones" Moc Toe Boot.
Alden Color 8 Belt. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice, Mike.
I was shocked the Dubs' posted a blurry pick of his boots....then realized it was a belt shot...lolpost #120513 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:05pm
Alden DC from about a year ago. Sorry the post is a little misleading, the new purchase is the pants from J Crew that @bm93 posted about a few days ago.post #120514 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by chipshot
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ah and things are back to normal. Looking good Chippy.Quote:
Thanks guys. Haha yeah, only had my iPhone with me today. :-) Felt like sharing the belt today for some reason, don't see too many Alden belts...
-Mikepost #120515 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:20pmpost #120516 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:23pmpost #120517 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:25pmpost #120518 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:26pmThinking about dumping my small whiskey collection: new ptb, new Brooks unlined LHS, and chukkas. Should I do it? I have only worn the chukkas about 5 times. The others not at all.
I wear cigar and #8 all the time. Whiskey leather is too darn light.post #120519 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
#4 yesterday Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good. Still look pretty new for their age.
Thanks! Benefits of a decent rotation and regular brushing. I find it hard to believe they're three years old already.post #120520 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:50pmQuote:
Whiskey is my fav color in both the PTB and LHS but if they just don't suit your wardrobe you should let them go and grab something you will wear more. That's the reason my color 8 Dovers finally had to go up for sale, I think I would be more suited for the 990.post #120521 of 12241612/1/15 at 1:54pmKeep the LHS until you are absolutely sure. Those will be incredibly difficult to replace, the PTB and chukkas much less so.
Beware of selling non-stock rare she'll Alden models, if you are prone to second thoughts after they're gone. Wait times, delays, and rising popularity makes acquiring rare shell and uncommon models very difficult. Best of luck!post #120522 of 12241612/1/15 at 2:01pm-post #120523 of 12241612/1/15 at 2:19pmpost #120524 of 12241612/1/15 at 2:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by bantone
Here's another example of the creasing so you may have a point.
The soles were definitely worn in store a few times but I don't have a pic of them.
If you're that concerned, just buy an unused, untouched 990 from another store for an extra $200. I would go with the ones you have here, based on the pics you have posted.post #120525 of 12241612/1/15 at 2:27pmQuote:
Oh I'm definitely not that concerned about the condition of the shoe. I was just wondering, being a bit newer, was that a good deal in purchasing them.
My biggest detractor of purchasing them was my friend asking me "Do you need them?!" :)
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 40 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 46 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 51 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 56 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...