or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 801  

post #12001 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by smah View Post
Hello SF Members-
Has anyone experienced really slippery situations with their 'waterlock' oiled soles?
I have had serious near falls with oiled soles on polished stone/marble floors on rainy days and these are with broken-in well worn shoes. Anyone else? I am seriously considering NOT ever getting oiled soles ever again especially because my local shoe fix-it guru can't place a rubber half sole on them due to the oil in the sole which won't allow a good bond with adhesives. Just can't wear them on rainy days, I suppose. Anyone else have issues like mine?
Thanks-
Steve



I had that problem at first with my unlined chukkas. I had a couple close calls, but after they scuffed it was fine.
post #12002 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post
F**K! I knew that someone must've returned them. I was initially going to order from Alden SF but since I'm in CT i figured it be quicker (shipping wise) to go through shoemart. I was a tad suspicious that they had this size available. Those A** Holes! They should have taken them off their site when you returned them. Did you end up getting another pair?

They are gorgeous boots otherwise. It saddened me a bit to return them. Haven't pulled the trigger on new ones as I have already reached my new shoe limit for the moment and probably for the year. SM was good about comping my return shipping btw.
post #12003 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyachad View Post
Are these the size 8.5D I returned last month? The finish bothered me too - for the price they should be in better condition.


Funny, I was going to order those when they reappeared. I'm glad I hesitated.
post #12004 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Does anyone here get Alden belts to match their Aldens? If so, can you weigh in on the quality and sizing? Thanks.

I picked up a snuff suede belt to match my snuff suede strong wings from Leffot. Leather is butter soft and I sized up to a 36 (I have a 33/34 waist)
post #12005 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
Couldnt agree more.
Love those boots.

Thank you.
post #12006 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Another shot of the snuff that I had posted earlier in the week. They look great in person, imho.

They look really great. Question for you: since they are semi-lined, how does the fit compare to the unlined chukka, i.e., is the toe box more reinforced like a regular PT Blucher? Or does it end up looking a little flat and slipper-ish?
post #12007 of 122416
My latest, and probably last pair of Alden Boots. LTD Adventurebilt Alden 405's. Love these boots. Its a thicker leather then the standard Indy, obvious darker brown, dark moc toe stitching, all leather lined, and are built same exactly the same as the vintage 405 boots of the late 70's early 80's (which is different then today's 405, 403, 404 from Alden). Even the die logo inside the shoe is the vintage 80's version. Had to wait a year for them to be made, and then had to send them back to the factory as the tongue was too small. Just got them back today. It's hard to capture the true colour of the boots in the light in my place, but this is the best I could do. w/o flash w/flash
post #12008 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExit148 View Post
My latest, and probably last pair of Alden Boots. LTD Adventurebilt Alden 405's. Love these boots. Its a thicker leather then the standard Indy, obvious darker brown, dark moc toe stitching, all leather lined, and are built same exactly the same as the vintage 405 boots of the late 70's early 80's (which is different then today's 405, 403, 404 from Alden). Even the die logo inside the shoe is the vintage 80's version. Had to wait a year for them to be made, and then had to send them back to the factory as the tongue was too small. Just got them back today. It's hard to capture the true colour of the boots in the light in my place, but this is the best I could do.

w/o flash

w/flash
Very unique. congratulations.
post #12009 of 122416
love these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post
Chromexcel Tuesday



Notes:

The "Clipper Oxford" has been in the Alden catalog for nearly 100 years and is one of their best selling patterns to this day.

Crafted from Brown Chromexcel leather from Chicago's Horween Leather Co.

360 degree reverse welt, painted brown brass eyelets, full leather linings, natural cork insole, full heel counters and steel shank through the arch for long lasting comfort and support.

Very versitile.

Commando sole (Leffots recently had a similar shoe with blind eyelets & a crepe sole)

Currently, my favorite shoe.
post #12010 of 122416
Hi folks,

Do the J.Crew cap toe Cordovan boots (Barrie last) fit basically the same as non boots on the Barrie last like the 975? Or do they feel any looser or tighter?
post #12011 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post
Hi folks, Do the J.Crew cap toe Cordovan boots (Barrie last) fit basically the same as non boots on the Barrie last like the 975? Or do they feel any looser or tighter?
It has been a while so I am going from memory but IIRC my Barrie lasted boots seemed slightly smaller than my Barrie Lasted PTB's. I have several pairs of PTB's in Barrie and only one pair of Barrie lasted Plain toe Boots in black shell. I wish there was more science to this but really if we do mail order it is kind of a blind voodoo until you get to know what personally fits. Good Luck. EDIT: To keep this from getting out of hand I would like to add that both fit and I have no problem. I just notice the boots seem to be ever so slightly smaller and actually look sleeker than the shoes. Just my opinion. YMMV
post #12012 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcross4 View Post
They look really great. Question for you: since they are semi-lined, how does the fit compare to the unlined chukka, i.e., is the toe box more reinforced like a regular PT Blucher? Or does it end up looking a little flat and slipper-ish?

There is not a lot of reinforcement in the toe, but so far they are holding their shape well like a regular PTB. I guess time will tell.
post #12013 of 122416
I think this is due to the fact that the boot feels more snug since it supports your ankle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
It has been a while so I am going from memory but IIRC my Barrie lasted boots seemed slightly smaller than my Barrie Lasted PTB's. I have several pairs of PTB's in Barrie and only one pair of Barrie lasted Plain toe Boots in black shell. I wish there was more science to this but really if we do mail order it is kind of a blind voodoo until you get to know what personally fits. Good Luck.

EDIT: To keep this from getting out of hand I would like to add that both fit and I have no problem. I just notice the boots seem to be ever so slightly smaller and actually look sleeker than the shoes. Just my opinion. YMMV
post #12014 of 122416
Some calfskin today.
LL
post #12015 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Another shot of the snuff that I had posted earlier in the week. They look great in person, imho.

These look great. Love the contrast edging, light stitching and colored eyelets. Alden is doing a different makeup of this model than last year. I have the sand and dark brown suede ptbs from Alden Madison Ave., and they have blind eyelets.

BTW, picked up a sand suede belt with nickel buckle from the DC store last week. My compliments to Kathleen for her great customer service in trying to get my shoe sizes fitted correctly. She is great to work with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.