or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7996  

post #119926 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i wish we were the same size. your b&s listing are always tantalizing

http://www.styleforum.net/t/512420/alden-for-unionmade-norwegian-front-mccoppin-boot-in-hunting-green-suede-9-5d-barrie-us-10d

Same here, chum. cheers.gif
post #119927 of 122416
Any one here has bought the Alden PTB from Barney's?

http://www.barneys.com/alden-plain-toe-blucher-102216839.html

It looks like color 8 to me but the description says brown. My guess is a mistake in the description

Thank you
post #119928 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post

UPDATE:

I just heard from Frans and they are taking care of everything. Full refund plus shipping both ways. Gotta say an unfortunate situation is definitely alieviated by stellar customer service. Highly recommended.

I still don't see it what's wrong with your boots?

The boot on the right the bottom eyestays are way misaligned


after I looked again on my comp, I still feel the left boot (on a person/right in the original photo) had a larger than "alden normal" amount of shift between eyelets. just my opinion, and IIRC, those boots were plaza lasted, of which I have very little experience with now (looking at you namor :cheers: )

 

 

that being said, I'd be awfully hesitant to send anything back out the states to a retailer, especially if it were a relatively hard makeup to come by.. Had those plaza lasted ravello boots I got from overseas last year came with any issue short of a tear in the leather, I'd have kept them. Shame to have to resort to such an attitude with items at this price, but I guess thats alden..  I was elsewhere on this forum and saw someone with Vass quality issues. I've never touched Vass, but from what I know of pricing, I'd be going into a purchase for a pair of their footwear with higher expectations than say alden.

 

off my soapbox. carry on. Namor, have anything interesting you're gonna put up in the marketplace? Let me know, I'm bored with what I currently have.


Edited by kwhitelaw - 11/19/15 at 4:39pm
post #119929 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvatrucha View Post

Any one here has bought the Alden PTB from Barney's?

http://www.barneys.com/alden-plain-toe-blucher-102216839.html

It looks like color 8 to me but the description says brown. My guess is a mistake in the description

Thank you


I haven't bought from them but they are indeed Color 8. No way Barney's would have a whiskey, ravello or cigar Alden PTB and we don't know about it here. 

post #119930 of 122416
I am looking for the following makeup. Is there anyone that makes this:

Black shell straight tip captoe boot
Barrie last
Flat welt
Double leather sole (or commando)
Exposed eyelets

Thanks in advance!!
post #119931 of 122416

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, a...

6aad2b9e8c934126adf99560ebd4776d.jpg

Alden Indy on modified last


Sent from my iPhone using
post #119932 of 122416

Today's selection. The black alpine "graintripper" from Leffot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #119933 of 122416

Just received my alden roy boots and I'm not sure if this is acceptable .. or is it?

 

post #119934 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post
 


I haven't bought from them but they are indeed Color 8. No way Barney's would have a whiskey, ravello or cigar Alden PTB and we don't know about it here. 

I figure as much but was hopeful :)

post #119935 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

I am looking for the following makeup. Is there anyone that makes this:

Black shell straight tip captoe boot
Barrie last
Flat welt
Double leather sole (or commando)
Exposed eyelets

Thanks in advance!!

Alden SF has one that's close (see my sig). Ticks all the boxes except for the exposed eyelets (it has blind eyelets and speed hooks).
post #119936 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post
 

Anyone got any Alden Chamois leather shoes or boots? Thinking about a pair and  wondering how the the quality of them is etc. 

 

Pics would be great too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post

I have Context Roy boots in black reverse chamois.

The talk about the strong odor from chamois is very true. It is a strong leather smell that is evident still after many wears.

It smells like a leather workshop. And I have no issue with it.

I have been seeking another chamois shoe or boot. Brown or black are the most common options. The leffot green which boot
Is awesome. The Winn-perry LWB posted days back is a regret for me to have skipped. Simply undecided between chamois reverse chamois or kudu at the time than of course sold out too soon.

I saw green reverse chiukkas somewhere and they are tempting.

Care of the leather is easy and mine look brand new still after years of wear in weather and wood shop

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Tobacco chamois Indy
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Smells like a tha sheep

 

awesome looking boots there, NAMOR!

 

Talking about Chamois, Does anyone knows if the chamois makeups by Alden is really chamois hide?

 

I was once told by a salesman in Tessels HK that the chamois used by Alden is not actually chamois hide, its actually cow hide but gone through different treatment than the regular cow hide.

 

I am not sure if he really knows what he's talking about or just telling BS. Anyone have more idea on this?

post #119937 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post




awesome looking boots there, NAMOR!

Talking about Chamois, Does anyone knows if the chamois makeups by Alden is really chamois hide?

I was once told by a salesman in Tessels HK that the chamois used by Alden is not actually chamois hide, its actually cow hide but gone through different treatment than the regular cow hide.

I am not sure if he really knows what he's talking about or just telling BS. Anyone have more idea on this?

This is the case with the Kudu Indys. They are cow leather, rather than actual Kudu.

I have no idea what chamois actually is myself though,
post #119938 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post

Alden SF has one that's close (see my sig). Ticks all the boxes except for the exposed eyelets (it has blind eyelets and speed hooks).

Thanks. Can I get exposed eyelets added? How much would something like that cost?
post #119939 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

I am looking for the following makeup. Is there anyone that makes this:

Black shell straight tip captoe boot
Barrie last
Flat welt
Double leather sole (or commando)
Exposed eyelets

Thanks in advance!!

 

TheShoeMart does this exact makeup, except on the Grant last. Go 1/2 up from Barrie (i.e., go TTS on Grant).

 

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-black-shell/pvc-ald-mxsbd-4065_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

post #119940 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post



Black Shell WTB on a Wednesday.
The other shell cordovan...

exactly ! This boot looks proper with both denim and a suit!

Proper! Whatcha Say, Hammer? Proper !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.