Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7994post #119896 of 12241611/19/15 at 11:27ampost #119897 of 12241611/19/15 at 11:29ampost #119898 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:02pmpost #119899 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:04pmQuote:
I still don't see it what's wrong with your boots?post #119900 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
I still don't see it what's wrong with your boots?
The boot on the right the bottom eyestays are way misalignedpost #119901 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:13pmpost #119902 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:16pmpost #119903 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
Carefully pack them in a strong flight case.
Transport them to a park or other outdoor area that has a cobbled walk with a bench. Pavers will do as well.
Carefully put each on, paying very close attention not to bend the material in any way.
Take a few photos to post here
Pack them back up and go home.
You forgot the step of lining the bottom with saran wrap as to not dirty the sole at all.
Tifosi taught me that step.post #119904 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by makewayhomer
there is an awful lot of #4 envy - but I wonder how much of that is just driven by rarity / the fact they are so hard to purchase. #4 I don't think is as practical or versatile as anything in the brown spectrum or a burgundy. I own a #4 shell wallet bc I thought it would be fun and it is a cool color to look at but, but as used in shoes...they are just awfully red. a fun thing to have in a larger collection but a hard thing for me to classify as an ultimate want just b/c they are a bit oddball ish.
Regarding the talk on grails and color 4…
Being in the Alden game for a bit, I’ve been lucky enough to find most of my grails (some of which weren't so exotic) over the years. I’ve also been foolish enough to sell some of those grails, in chase of the new sexy models that pop up.
In more than a few cases, I’ve actually gone and re-bought pairs that I sold previously parted with. Some of these re-buys are models that aren’t even that hard to come by (color 8 WT Boot on the Barrie, Ravello LWB, Ravello WT Boot, #975).
Many Alden veterans on the board will tell you that the best Alden models are the stock models, and at the end of the day Color 8 is King. I’d have to agree with that. Don’t get me wrong, my Ravello LWB and Ravello WT Boot are favorites in my collection, but at the end of the day its models like the 975, Black Shell WT Boot, and other Color 8 offerings that prove to be the most useful and practical over time.
I was lucky enough to score two Color 4 boots a few years back. They’re beauties indeed. One pair I actually sold. GASP! To be honest, I don’t regret that decision. After the wow factor of the Color4 wears off, the proven reliability of other models wins out.
So don’t fret guys – chase your grails as best you can – but enjoy your easier-to-get models.post #119905 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:35pmpost #119906 of 12241611/19/15 at 12:49pmpost #119907 of 12241611/19/15 at 1:06pmpost #119908 of 12241611/19/15 at 1:16pmpost #119909 of 12241611/19/15 at 1:32pmI have Context Roy boots in black reverse chamois.
The talk about the strong odor from chamois is very true. It is a strong leather smell that is evident still after many wears.
It smells like a leather workshop. And I have no issue with it.
I have been seeking another chamois shoe or boot. Brown or black are the most common options. The leffot green which boot
Is awesome. The Winn-perry LWB posted days back is a regret for me to have skipped. Simply undecided between chamois reverse chamois or kudu at the time than of course sold out too soon.
I saw green reverse chiukkas somewhere and they are tempting.
Care of the leather is easy and mine look brand new still after years of wear in weather and wood shoppost #119910 of 12241611/19/15 at 1:36pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1290 Active Users (171 Members and 1119 Guests)
- › LEMAIRE 26 seconds ago
- › How about Cole Haan Made in Maine shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 10 minutes ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Aquascutum navy suit, 52R 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...