Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7970post #119536 of 12241611/13/15 at 2:29ampost #119537 of 12241611/13/15 at 3:42ampost #119538 of 12241611/13/15 at 4:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Help me out Alden aficionados - in Spectre does Bind wear Alden suede boots at one point. Milkshake in colour I am pretty sure they are Alden but cannot find anything about it. Anyone know?
I am waiting for eBay oh so slow Global Shipping to finally deliver a pair of Alden X Leffot Coonet boots. I cannot wait for them to arrive.
All his footwear is C&J in Spectre. Some have Dainite soles. which end up being visible in one or two scenes.post #119539 of 12241611/13/15 at 5:32amQuote:
I'm pretty sure that this has been the case ever since Casino Royale. Apparently Daniel Craig is a huge CJ fanboy and insisted. The company didn't jump on the marketing train until Spectre, though.post #119540 of 12241611/13/15 at 6:05ampost #119541 of 12241611/13/15 at 6:30ampost #119542 of 12241611/13/15 at 6:35ampost #119543 of 12241611/13/15 at 6:40ampost #119544 of 12241611/13/15 at 6:41amQuote:Originally Posted by JETTASY
Today is Cigar LWB with green chino. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's not easy being green, but you are looking good with your pairing.Quote:Originally Posted by Buddy0329
AOM's #8 Tankers with antique edge and welt:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I already know these are going to be one of my favorites.
Your new Tankers are looking very good. Enjoy in good health.
-Mikepost #119545 of 12241611/13/15 at 6:42ampost #119546 of 12241611/13/15 at 7:16ampost #119547 of 12241611/13/15 at 7:27amSo I just unboxed my Natural CXL Indys from TSM. Great looking pair of boots, except for this. It's a scrape of some kind (discoloration but also a change in texture). Is this the kind of thing some shoe cream and a bit of brushing will take care of, or would it be best to send these back? (My gut says send them back but I'm also impatient).
I have no idea why TSM has someone "sign off" on a pair of Aldens before sending only to have them arrive in this condition. Thanks in advance for any insight!post #119548 of 12241611/13/15 at 7:32amQuote:Originally Posted by what whale
So I just unboxed my Natural CXL Indys from TSM. Great looking pair of boots, except for this. It's a scrape of some kind (discoloration but also a change in texture). Is this the kind of thing some shoe cream and a bit of brushing will take care of, or would it be best to send these back? (My gut says send them back but I'm also impatient).
I have no idea why TSM has someone "sign off" on a pair of Aldens before sending only to have them arrive in this condition. Thanks in advance for any insight!
i suppose it depends on how you intend to wear these. personally, my Indy's are purchased to be thoroughly beaten on so this would not bother me in the least. natural cxl is going to darken and show significant color variation over time. i'd put some cream and brush them just for the sake of doing so, but regardless of the scrape i'd lace these up and wear asap. no shame in returning though if you are seeking a pretty indy look.post #119549 of 12241611/13/15 at 7:58am
So I was able to buy the J Crew PCTs a little more inexpensively than I had planned to. I have some money left over and just sold several pairs of shoes on the bay to add with it. When all the dust settles, I will be able to buy a couple more pairs for the rotation. If you already had your first, kinda all-purpose boot in color 8, what would be your second and third choices? I am seeing this becoming addictive already.
*note: Doesn't necessarily have to both be boots, but I want at least one more out and maybe a shoe.post #119550 of 12241611/13/15 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by smoothie1
If they are color #8, I fail to see anything to fear in a variety of environments. People wear their Aldens hiking, in mud, in filthy and gritty city streets (New York, New Orleans, Paris, London, and San Francisco et al. all come to mind).
In my view, you should enjoy your shoes and wear them-whatever that means to you. Shell is a resilient material and bounces back from most hard abuse. Just be more careful with lighter shades that are more prone to obvious staining.
Patina is great. I want my 907s to look like this eventually (only black):
Funny how people have seemed to have forgotten or are just not aware the origin or shell. Its original purposes were trunks, shields and armor. It deserves a much tougher life than most people give these shoes.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 14 seconds ago
- › Carmina Austerity Brogue Oxford Dark Oak (Brown) - 7.5 UK / 8.5 US,... 38 seconds ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 46 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › J. Crew Barn Jacket Medium Tall in Catskill Green 5 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...