Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7966post #119476 of 12241611/11/15 at 6:45pmpost #119477 of 12241611/11/15 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLVolQuote:Originally Posted by LittleViti
After a failed attempt to fit/break in a pair of 986 LHS I'm in the process of a potentially failed attempt to break in/fit the unlined BB LHS--any advice on a comparable pair of cordovan LHS that don't have the issues of a low vamp/tight instep inherent to the Van last (doesn't necessarily have to be Alden)?
I tried the Van LHS, Aberdeen full-strap and Grant penny and found the grant lasted loafer to be the most comfortable.
I totally agree. My grant-lasted loafers are the most comfortable and fit the best across the vamp without having to go up a width!post #119478 of 12241611/11/15 at 8:36pmpost #119479 of 12241611/11/15 at 8:51pmpost #119480 of 12241611/12/15 at 3:31amQuote:i dont like put topy on leather sole and i got 3-4pairs of alden for rotation. Just take the boot to resole when it needs.Originally Posted by limonade
I have been eyeing these up for a long time, and while I've come around to the speedhooks over customizing a standard 4060, I am still a little apprehensive about the double leather sole when I plan to use these a lot walking around NYC. I have found some talk about this issue, but not too much. Does it make sense to pull the trigger on these and have a toppy/recessed toe tap installed? Would that impact Alden's restoration service down the road?
If one does go with the toppy route, is that best to do right away or wear in the shoes a while?
I don't have a lot of experience with leather soled shoes outside of the ones I wear exclusively for the office, which don't see much street wear (change into other shoes for commuting).
You can add the toe cap.
The best solution is contact alden dc as they make the 4060 in commando sole.post #119481 of 12241611/12/15 at 4:03ampost #119482 of 12241611/12/15 at 5:27ampost #119483 of 12241611/12/15 at 5:38ampost #119484 of 12241611/12/15 at 5:48amQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Versatility is subjective.
For me, #8 sw boot with antique edge and leefot's tanker would be the 2 most versatile.
I wear mostly:
4 suits (never)
Dark edges feel a bit too formal for me w jeans and even some chinos. That's just me, some folks here wear dark edges casually better than I can.
I happen to agree with DV. I wore my J Crew PCTs yesterday. I feel a little uncomfortable wearing them with jeans and some khakis also, but it has more to do with the 270welt/closed heel. I probably don't wear them as often as I should because I usually go fairly casual.
Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 11/12/15 at 6:28ampost #119485 of 12241611/12/15 at 6:39amHi guys,
I am not al Alden expert, could you help me to understand which is the last of these boots?
They are a model for an italian retailer, model code on the box is 4076 Y and to me they look like a classic Parajumper but with storm welt.
But I don't think they are on the Grant Last, my bet is they are on the Barrie, someone could help me?
Thanks in advance
Alexpost #119486 of 12241611/12/15 at 6:40ampost #119487 of 12241611/12/15 at 7:20ampost #119488 of 12241611/12/15 at 8:40ampost #119489 of 12241611/12/15 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by stevefok
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shots as usual Sir!
Thank you!Quote:Originally Posted by TheSizzle
403s... Two weeks of wear vs. two years of wear (and three sets of heels):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very cool to see how my Indys will wear over time. I'm curious, where do you go to just get the Thomas heel replaced?Quote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Just arrived. Fresh out the box and onto my feet. Really loving the NST and the antique edge.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are beautiful. Where did those arrive from? The late-spring preorder from Leffot hasn't come in yet, right?post #119490 of 12241611/12/15 at 9:51am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 minutes ago
- › New $650 Kiton Solid White Spread Collar Dress Shirt 15.75 41 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 47 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...