or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7935  

post #119011 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmonk View Post
 

hi all,

after some back and forth with various lasts i finally found a pair of shells that felt right- the cap toe bal.  i was so happy they fit right that i took them home immediately.  upon examining them some more my annoying eye for detail picked up what seems to be an uneven line on the right shoe.  i was wondering if the more experienced could chime in and offer advice on this perceived issue.  in my limited experience trying on various (alden) cap toes i have noticed uneven lines. do the shoes need to be broken in for the shoes to perhaps flatten/lines even out? or is this "imperfection" a natural part of the shoe making process at this level? images attached (pardon the back ground).  basically, are these good to go or is the slightly skewed line unacceptable?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

hi, your shoes are good to go. wear and enjoy.

i had the same experience with my first pair of cap toe "church's." i was disappointed because the right ct line seemed uneven, i was so disappointed. i didn't mind it once i started wearing them. i did notice that 99.9% of right ct lines are slightly angled, i figured it was part of ct design. 

shawnc is correct, they will not even out.

btw, i do not consider it a flaw. im sure jl and eg makes a perfect ct line, but i don't own any. 

not related, i have aldens where the eyelets don't line up right, that REALLY bothers me.

post #119012 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


black st
merino wool argyles otc

 

Looking great Mac! Enjoy your day!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmonk View Post
 

hi all,

after some back and forth with various lasts i finally found a pair of shells that felt right- the cap toe bal.  i was so happy they fit right that i took them home immediately.  upon examining them some more my annoying eye for detail picked up what seems to be an uneven line on the right shoe.  i was wondering if the more experienced could chime in and offer advice on this perceived issue.  in my limited experience trying on various (alden) cap toes i have noticed uneven lines. do the shoes need to be broken in for the shoes to perhaps flatten/lines even out? or is this "imperfection" a natural part of the shoe making process at this level? images attached (pardon the back ground).  basically, are these good to go or is the slightly skewed line unacceptable?


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

I don't see anything bothersome in your shoes, enjoy them and have a great day!

 

-Mike

post #119013 of 122416

Alden Cigar LHS.

Marcoliani Argyles.

Epaulet Cedar Lavender Check Rivet Chinos.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #119014 of 122416
@mdubs is it the angle or does the welt joint really look like something took a bite out of it...regardless beautiful shoes and pantz. Well done
post #119015 of 122416

thank you all for the helpful insights.  much appreciated!

post #119016 of 122416

975, again.

3rd wear in the last 2 weeks

 

post #119017 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden Cigar LHS.

Marcoliani Argyles.

Epaulet Cedar Lavender Check Rivet Chinos.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

great lhs and rivets dubs. love that combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
@mdubs is it the angle or does the welt joint really look like something took a bite out of it...regardless beautiful shoes and pantz. Well done

joints by mcgruff

post #119018 of 122416
post #119019 of 122416


Snuff Sunday on my birthday today.
post #119020 of 122416
Nice boots and happy birthday!
post #119021 of 122416

post #119022 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

975, again.
3rd wear in the last 2 weeks



Awesome. I can't get over the contrast welt stitching. Alden's very best, IMO. Classic and iconic. Can't wait to get mine. kathy told me it's due on November 23rd. Date marked!!!
post #119023 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Starting the break-in process. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I love the look of a plaza lasted Indy boot! You wear them very well. They look like they're going to be a great shade. How is the fit in the toe box going TTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Continuing with cleaning up my Alden collection.  Leffot Naval boots - my first Alden purchase.  Love them more now than the day I purchased them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Holy patina! That looks amazing. Nice boots! The antique edge looks amazing with the nearly red shade!
post #119024 of 122416

Off to Beijing tomorrow - taking my AE x Brooks Aberdeens and my Alden Indy's.  Will post a few pix :)

post #119025 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Thanks! They're actually on Plaza, from Frans Boone:
http://www.fransboonestore.com/collections/alden/products/alden-x-fransboone-8-cordovan-boot-re-stock

Your cigar captoe boots are outstanding!

Thanks!  I haven't seen the plaza lasted Indy in person yet either.  Both look intriguing!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.