or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7896  

post #118426 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden uses the smaller Barrie lasts for this boot for JCrew. ;-)

I'm not entirely sold on these being on Barrie. On my foot, the shape feels different than any of my other Barrie lasted shoes. Is it possible the "Barrie Jr" last is shaped slightly differently vs the standard Barrie?
post #118427 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

Thanks for the info. Since it seems this particular boot falls somewhere between Barrie sizing and TTS sizing, do you know if most people go with their typical Barrie size for this boot, or do most size up to TTS to accommodate the slightly snugger fit?

I own various shoes in both 10.5D Barrie and 11C Barrie. My size in these boots is 11D. I would say the fit is closer to my 11C Barrie shoes than my 10.5D.
post #118428 of 122416
So
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

I own various shoes in both 10.5D Barrie and 11C Barrie. My size in these boots is 11D. I would say the fit is closer to my 11C Barrie shoes than my 10.5D.

So it sounds like you went TTS for these, correct?
post #118429 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

There's a Barrie Jr. last???

 

somehow I think Mdubs was being sarcastic.  Maybe not?

post #118430 of 122416

Guys, 

what kind of welt do you prefer on the color 8 indy boot? 360 degree Split-Reverse welt (storm welt), or indy boots regular 270 degree welt?

post #118431 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

So
So it sounds like you went TTS for these, correct?
TTS for me is 11.5C, since they don't make these in C width I went 11D.
post #118432 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

My Whiskey LHS also has some permenant water mark on them and cannot be removed. Anyone has experience sending their light color shell with watermark to Alden for restoration? Is Alden gonna refinish the upper and remove the watermark? Thanks!

Would like to know also.
post #118433 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

 

somehow I think Mdubs was being sarcastic.  Maybe not?

 



Maybe I was a little bit too... wink.gif

(though I did think "Truesquare" was an autocorrect or typo the other day - hadn't heard of that one to that point. The number of lasts is pretty amazing)
post #118434 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

There's a Barrie Jr. last???

AKA The Alden of San Diego Barrie Last
post #118435 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden Black Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafer.
Epaulet Salt and Pepper Lavender Check Rivets.
Alden Black Shell Cordovan Belt.
Brooks Heathered Polo.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



-Mike

Mike - great ensemble here.
post #118436 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


AKA The Alden of San Diego Barrie Last

 

 

OK - now I'm officially confused whether we're joking or not.  Is there really a modified Barrie last?  (I know there's a Modified last, but...)

 

FWIW, the fit of my Barrie WT boots from AoM and my Barrie LWB's from JCrew feels similar, though I wouldn't say my feel for this is very refined...

post #118437 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post




OK - now I'm officially confused whether we're joking or not.  Is there really a modified Barrie last?  (I know there's a Modified last, but...)

FWIW, the fit of my Barrie WT boots from AoM and my Barrie LWB's from JCrew feels similar, though I wouldn't say my feel for this is very refined...

If sarcasm was intended it went straight over my head. From what I recall, the majority of people here that own the Jcrew PCT boot agree that it doesn't fit the same as a tradtional Alden Barrie. Unless I'm missing something, I think it makes sense to go either up a half size in length or a larger width than Barrie with this boot.
post #118438 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

 

 

OK - now I'm officially confused whether we're joking or not.  Is there really a modified Barrie last?  (I know there's a Modified last, but...)

 

FWIW, the fit of my Barrie WT boots from AoM and my Barrie LWB's from JCrew feels similar, though I wouldn't say my feel for this is very refined...

 

No. I have the J.Crew PCT boot in 8D, and I have two other boots on the Barrie last (AoM Cigar captoe, DC Color 8 Wingtip), and I do not notice a difference at all in the fit. I think this is one of those rumors that got started, and now people are conditioned to think the J.Crew PCT is "tighter" or something like that.

 

Of course, there are variations within a given last - I can tell you that some of my Barrie last bluchers feel a little different from others - whether it's the pattern, the last itself, the lasting process - I don't know. These are shoes, not chemicals. You can't measure them down to the molecular level, and you can't even measure the volume easily, but I for one have never noticed a difference between the J.Crew PCT and any other Barrie lasted boot.

post #118439 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post


If sarcasm was intended it went straight over my head. From what I recall, the majority of people here that own the Jcrew PCT boot agree that it doesn't fit the same as a tradtional Alden Barrie. Unless I'm missing something, I think it makes sense to go either up a half size in length or a larger width than Barrie with this boot.

 

I don't know where this "consensus" came from. I, for one, think it's hogwash. I can take measurements (interior and exterior) of my J.Crew PCT boot this weekend, along with measurements of my other Barrie boots and report back. I'd like to hear from other folks here who have the J.Crew PCT along with other pairs of boots on the Barrie last.

post #118440 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

No. I have the J.Crew PCT boot in 8D, and I have two other boots on the Barrie last (AoM Cigar captoe, DC Color 8 Wingtip), and I do not notice a difference at all in the fit. I think this is one of those rumors that got started, and now people are conditioned to think the J.Crew PCT is "tighter" or something like that.

Of course, there are variations within a given last - I can tell you that some of my Barrie last bluchers feel a little different from others - whether it's the pattern, the last itself, the lasting process - I don't know. These are shoes, not chemicals. You can't measure them down to the molecular level, and you can't even measure the volume easily, but I for one have never noticed a difference between the J.Crew PCT and any other Barrie lasted boot.

Not a rumor. Not imagination. It's a fact for many people.

I've had my fair share of Barrie boots and owned the J Crew boot in 2011 and tried it again last year. This boot most definitely fits tighter for me across the vamp, to the point of being very uncomfortable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.