or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7871  

post #118051 of 122416

where is the watch strap from @mdubs?  I have a Horween dublin leather strap on my apple watch, which is more casual, wouldn't mind a dressier strap for certain outfits :)

post #118052 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

where is the watch strap from @mdubs?  I have a Horween dublin leather strap on my apple watch, which is more casual, wouldn't mind a dressier strap for certain outfits :)

 

It is directly from RIOS 1931 directly...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281775638685?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

 

$55 shipped. Took about a week and a half to get to me. 22mm band is about the right size band to get for the 42mm Apple Watch.

 

-Mike

post #118053 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Whiskey Wednesday - Whiskey Indy Boot.

 

Epaulet Individualized EFF Shirt

Epaulet Kiss the Blarney EFF Walts

Apple Watch with Cognac Shell Cordovan Strap

Alden Whiskey Indy Boot

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

 

 

Wow sir, this boot is the Whiskey that may get me to change my mind on the color...Apple watch not so much. Mike did you get these a while ago or second hand? The shade seems much different than a lot of the new whiskey I see - Very nice....

post #118054 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

is the look of the modified last very similar to that of the barrie?

No, they're quite different - you should be able to find some pics pretty easily.
post #118055 of 122416
post #118056 of 122416

My boots are back from Alden (had to repair a minor scrape from the factory).  Looking forward to getting them on!

post #118057 of 122416

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/clo/5267968165.html

 

 

Selling Alden Cordovan plain toe blucher shoes.  Happy to ship within the US

post #118058 of 122416

Epaulet Alden Preorders

 

Hey guys, 

 

My apologies that I didn't post up these links earlier. We're running a preorder round for a few Chromexcel & Alpine Grain styles (Innsbruck Indy, Innsbruck Alt Wien, Innsbruck Longwing, Taunton Boot) and a Color #8 Shell Cordovan makeup (Gustav Grant Last PTB). 


The shell makeup is limited to 12 units and C,D,E widths. You can order any width in the Chromexcel & Alpine makeups. 


We're sending the orders to Alden in the morning, so this preorder is open until midnight-ish tonight. 

 

Innsbruck Alt Wien, Innsbruck Indy, Taunton Boot, Innsbruck Longwing Preorder

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gustav Grant Last PTB Shell Cordovan Pre-Order

post #118059 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

 

Wow sir, this boot is the Whiskey that may get me to change my mind on the color...Apple watch not so much. Mike did you get these a while ago or second hand? The shade seems much different than a lot of the new whiskey I see - Very nice....

 

These are actually a recent batch, received in January 2015. It is one of the best shades of Whiskey to come out of Alden in the past few years.

 

-Mike

post #118060 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 

Thanks again @Subutai for his post after he visited Alden D.C. I got these Cigar NSTs on Aberdeen from ever cool Kathy.

 

 

 

These are great.  Thanks very much for the tip, just picked up a pair.  Hopefully they're as nice as yours.

post #118061 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

Epaulet Alden Preorders

 

Hey guys, 

 

My apologies that I didn't post up these links earlier. We're running a preorder round for a few Chromexcel & Alpine Grain styles (Innsbruck Indy, Innsbruck Alt Wien, Innsbruck Longwing, Taunton Boot) and a Color #8 Shell Cordovan makeup (Gustav Grant Last PTB). 


The shell makeup is limited to 12 units and C,D,E widths. You can order any width in the Chromexcel & Alpine makeups. 


We're sending the orders to Alden in the morning, so this preorder is open until midnight-ish tonight. 

 

Innsbruck Alt Wien, Innsbruck Indy, Taunton Boot, Innsbruck Longwing Preorder

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gustav Grant Last PTB Shell Cordovan Pre-Order

 

I know you can't guarantee, but is the thought that these will be back in the springtime or later than that?  Any general, non-binding guidance?  :)

post #118062 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post
 

 

These are great.  Thanks very much for the tip, just picked up a pair.  Hopefully they're as nice as yours.

 

What size are you? I called and was told they have nothing. I should have asked for Kathy...

post #118063 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

What style are you looking for? The only model that isn't impossible to find is the LWB. I picked up a pair from TSM and a buddy picked up a pair from Alden DC in the past 6 months or so without being on a waiting list. It looks like you'd be a 9 in the Van last, so these would be too big for you, but it looks like TSM has a whiskey LHS in 10.5D:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_leisure_handsewn_shell_cordovan_color_8/pvc-ald-mxs-986_ald_m_leisure_handsewn_shell_cordovan.html
thanks for the responses everyone! I'm looking for some sort of NST boot, a cap toe on grant, and some sort of Dover type ptb. I guess my dreams for wiskey will have to be put on hold frown.gif

Cigar is just as illusive it seems! Still bummed I missed out on the email for context's color 8 tanker...

I guess I'm just anxious to get a few pairs of cordovan
post #118064 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

thanks for the responses everyone! I'm looking for some sort of NST boot, a cap toe on grant, and some sort of Dover type ptb. I guess my dreams for wiskey will have to be put on hold frown.gif

Cigar is just as illusive it seems! Still bummed I missed out on the email for context's color 8 tanker...

I guess I'm just anxious to get a few pairs of cordovan

To be honest, I'm extremely happy w/ #8. It's so so versatile. From denim to grey to charcoal to navy
post #118065 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave343 View Post

I have a pair of Alden Indy 403 in size 10E. Normally, in Nike or VAN's I wear size 11.5.  I originally picked up the 403's in 10.5E as the store only carries E width, but I could stack 2 fingers behind my heel, and I could tighten them to the point the laces would touch.  The problem I'm having though is that the 10E's I find my toes have zero room up front. It's hard to tell if I have mm's of space, or nothing, but often it definitely feels like the toes rub against the front. I've never experienced any discomfort pain, but they definitely don't feel like a good comfortable fit. 
The E fit on the 10 is "ok" but I could probably tighten these also to the point where the laces would touch, or close to it. As it is, the gap between the laces is about 1cm (because I don't tighten my laces super tight).  
So onto my dilemma... I've been thinking about ordering in a pair of 10.5D but since I have to special order them, I just wanted to hear back from anyone if you think it'll be a much better fit. I have long and wide toes, and it was really strange I could fit in this 10, but I'm thinking the only reason I'm able to is because of the E size. So to narrow the shoe for a better width tight, and give me toes the extra room I was thinking the 10.5D. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. I could look at other boots but I really like these Alden's. 
You might be better off with the D width. The trubalance last is very wide.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.