or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7869  

post #118021 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
thank you

Great lookin Indys today uncle Mac !
post #118022 of 122416
990 Tuesday


post #118023 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post


Haha, guns are my other biggest hobby. I already had to reinforce the doors because @BenLeaman is the same size!

Sincerely,

Bob... from uhh... Ohio

In all serious man... AWESOME collection!

post #118024 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Love this shade of Cigar with machine stitching!

Interesting. I thought all shell Indys were hand sewn. I prefer the look of hand sewn.
post #118025 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

Interesting. I thought all shell Indys were hand sewn. I prefer the look of hand sewn.

They are now. That wasn't always the case. I believe machine stitching was specifically requested on this design.

-M
post #118026 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

They are now. That wasn't always the case. I believe machine stitching was specifically requested on this design.

-M

Thanks Mike! Now if I can get my hands on a pair of Cigar Indys size 8.5D, l'll be good smile.gif
post #118027 of 122416

 


yesterday the black, today the color 8 Shell moc toe blucher on modified x anatomica

post #118028 of 122416
Curious, what's the current state of whiskey shell? I've got a few styles I've been hoping for, but at this point whiskey seems like more of a myth than anything frown.gif
post #118029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

Curious, what's the current state of whiskey shell? I've got a few styles I've been hoping for, but at this point whiskey seems like more of a myth than anything frown.gif

 

Seems like the latest batches have all been Cigar.  I'm guessing what small amount leaks out is already quietly spoken for...

post #118030 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

Curious, what's the current state of whiskey shell? I've got a few styles I've been hoping for, but at this point whiskey seems like more of a myth than anything frown.gif

What style are you looking for? The only model that isn't impossible to find is the LWB. I picked up a pair from TSM and a buddy picked up a pair from Alden DC in the past 6 months or so without being on a waiting list. It looks like you'd be a 9 in the Van last, so these would be too big for you, but it looks like TSM has a whiskey LHS in 10.5D:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_leisure_handsewn_shell_cordovan_color_8/pvc-ald-mxs-986_ald_m_leisure_handsewn_shell_cordovan.html
post #118031 of 122416

Maiden voyage to poorly-lit cubeland:

post #118032 of 122416

The only fresh runs of whiskey in recent months have been 14 oz. Berlin's wingtip boots on the 379X last and Harrison Ltd.'s whiskey shortwing bluchers, I think. 

post #118033 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

The only fresh runs of whiskey in recent months have been 14 oz. Berlin's wingtip boots on the 379X last and Harrison Ltd.'s whiskey shortwing bluchers, I think. 

Oh that is right there were a few extra pairs of those wingtip boots. Were there any Harrison Shortwings leftover? Didn't Harrison also have some extra Whiskey LHS a few months back as well?
post #118034 of 122416
I know this is a stupid question but what do you guys think is a better looking boot a Alden Indy boot or a septieme laguer (i think that's how it's spelled) jodhpur boot in their custom patina?
post #118035 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post


Oh that is right there were a few extra pairs of those wingtip boots. Were there any Harrison Shortwings leftover? Didn't Harrison also have some extra Whiskey LHS a few months back as well?

 

I emailed both 14oz and Harrison to ask about the shortwings and never heard back. I followed up two weeks later and still heard nothing. Very disappointed in their customer service.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.