or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7865  

post #117961 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Hmmm... These are all great, let me see what else comes out... I do like the idea of making it more clear that it is my passion and not a store... ;-) I hate disappointing people when they ask what my store location and hours are or if they can get model 12345.... :-)

 

-Mike

How about "The Horses Ass" :) 

post #117962 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

Does anyone use product to get rid of bloom? I've worn my DC Captoes 3 times and have wiped/brushed each time but the bloom returns. I'm fine with being patient and continuing to wipe and brush as I am really trying to avoid using any product but the bloom doesn't appear to be getting better. I've got some saphir renovateur that I was thinking of trying. Thoughts/advice?

PSA - I hear Alden of San Diego is having a sale.

Just my way of saying don't do it Mike. I can only imagine the hassle of dealing with ill-informed questions but the name has truly become synonymous with excellence and quality. You've built a brand and I sincerely hope you are not forced to change it.

 

My AoM cigar captoes also bloom every single time in between wears. They even bloom over the course of the day while I wear them. It's crazy. I just use the back of the dust bag to wipe it off. Doesn't bother me too much - they're such a fantastic shade of cigar!

post #117963 of 122416
PSA: TSM irregular list sent.
post #117964 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Question for the community, I am thinking of renaming my blog from Alden of San Diego to something else, anyone got any ideas? I am hoping for something cool like the old Agatine Eyelet site...

(Note: I get like 2-3 questions asking if I stock model blah per day from people thinking that I run an actual store).

The intent of the blog is to provide people more static information about the Alden Brand (as this is a very dynamic environment and not a good place to post stationary content) and a platform for me to post longer thoughts and stuff. Personal sales is more of a secondary objective...

Thoughts would be rad.

-Mike

Mike- I think that the site is fantastic and its quality drives the questions being received. I liked the idea of keeping the name as you have a lot of brand equity established and adding a qualifier so that it is easy to see that the site is informational only. This may stop many inquiries. Perhaps try this and see if the questions cease. You could then always re-engage about a name change. Good luck!
post #117965 of 122416

After all of these response, I think my approach may be as simple as just setting an "Out of Office" response that says something like, I will respond as quickly as I can, I am not a retail store, so if looking to purchase something other than what is listed on my sale page, please contact an official Alden retailer... That way I don't have to respond to all the inquiries about if I stock the 975 in 8D... :-)

 

I really like some of the creative names... I may register multiple domains... :-)

 

-Mike

post #117966 of 122416
Today I opted for the classic 990 and marcoliani argyles. I almost parted with these when I was figuring out my Barrie size. Glad I kept them as they seemed to break in nicely. These are 10.5 D and my other Barrie wingtip in shell is 10.5 E. Both seem to work. The Jcrew snuff chukka is a 10.5D and after some stretching with an XL shoe tree fits much better. Have a great Tuesday gents.


post #117967 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstldr View Post

Today I opted for the classic 990 and marcoliani argyles. I almost parted with these when I was figuring out my Barrie size. Glad I kept them as they seemed to break in nicely. These are 10.5 D and my other Barrie wingtip in shell is 10.5 E. Both seem to work. The Jcrew snuff chukka is a 10.5D and after some stretching with an XL shoe tree fits much better. Have a great Tuesday gents.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looking superb in your classic 990 and argyles. A great combination. I have those exact same argyles... Good for Khakis or Olive.

 

-Mike

post #117968 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

After all of these response, I think my approach may be as simple as just setting an "Out of Office" response that says something like, I will respond as quickly as I can, I am not a retail store, so if looking to purchase something other than what is listed on my sale page, please contact an official Alden retailer... That way I don't have to respond to all the inquiries about if I stock the 975 in 8D... :-)

 

I really like some of the creative names... I may register multiple domains... :-)

 

-Mike

 

Hopefully that wasn't me..... ;)

 

I think the "out of office" is a good idea, and I agree about NOT changing your site's name.  Not sure how your website works, but maybe you could set up an email/contact 'form' and have a blurb in there re-affirming that you are not a retailer by the boxes they fill in.  Right now I see you have just an email/contact button & people obviously miss the intro you have on the homepage (you're pretty clear that you're not a store).

post #117969 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETTASY View Post

Hello,
Thank you for your kind words.
Today is Cigar LWB. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Very nice shade of cigar.
post #117970 of 122416

Whiskey Wednesday - C&J MTO Double Monks (Come on Alden!!!)

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday - Alden Color 8 Tassel Loafer (No Pictures).

 

Friday - Alden Cigar Shortwing Blucher (Hampton Last).

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday - Cigar LHS (Van Last).

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Tuesday - Unlined Tan Suede LHS (Van Last)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #117971 of 122416

post #117972 of 122416

For anyone on the Leffot May pre-orders, I emailed Leffot about the 8 Tankers (May pre-order), and they replied saying they typically do not get updates from Alden but don't expect the order until November at the earliest.  So, hopefully they will come around Nov or even Dec.

post #117973 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Killer monks Don!

 

-Mike

post #117974 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post


Just keep wiping and brushing it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

My AoM cigar captoes also bloom every single time in between wears. They even bloom over the course of the day while I wear them. It's crazy. I just use the back of the dust bag to wipe it off. Doesn't bother me too much - they're such a fantastic shade of cigar!

Thanks guys. The last time I wore mine I gave them a quick wiping after lunch. It's not a big deal, just strange. Never had bloom before and now I get it on 2 pair, both cigar (AoM shortwings get a little as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

After all of these response, I think my approach may be as simple as just setting an "Out of Office" response that says something like, I will respond as quickly as I can, I am not a retail store, so if looking to purchase something other than what is listed on my sale page, please contact an official Alden retailer... That way I don't have to respond to all the inquiries about if I stock the 975 in 8D... :-)

I really like some of the creative names... I may register multiple domains... :-)

-Mike

Glad to hear It Mike. Good call. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post



Crushing it as usual Don. Stunning color on those monks.
post #117975 of 122416
Some cigar in the sun today. AoC from a couple of years back:



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.