Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:49 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7821post #117301 of 12241610/1/15 at 5:55pmpost #117302 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:05pmpost #117303 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:10pmQuote:
I'm not in on the preorder but speaking with one who is, the emails seem to be going out this evening and boots shipping tomorrow. From what I've heard anyways....
Super jelly!post #117304 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:13pmpost #117305 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:20pmpost #117306 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:21pmpost #117307 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:39pmpost #117308 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:45pmpost #117309 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:46pmpost #117310 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:47pmpost #117311 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:49pmQuote:
email confirmation with a promise to ship ASAP when i confirmed my address.
i'm on the west coast so i'll likely get mine last. there were about a dozen on the email I received, though, and I'm not sure how many that order held (i think 13 on my email... and i figured 24 started and maybe 9 took the earlier offer for another cigar shoe or a refund or something).post #117312 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:51pmpost #117313 of 12241610/1/15 at 6:57pmpost #117314 of 12241610/1/15 at 7:02pmpost #117315 of 12241610/1/15 at 7:19pmI was actually wondering whether or not AoM was mistaken about the Cigar CT boots today being Grant as the ones a few months back were Barrie. I thought maybe it was just a typo but I can't tell from the picture they emailed out. They (and the Cigar NST loafer) both look amazing. Congrats to the few that grabbed these extra pairs today. AoM is great to do business with.
Funny enough, I'd actually trade someone my Grant Cigar CT boots for Barrie (as crazy as that sounds, I know people prefer the grant last). The Barrie last just fits my style better.
Can't wait to get my WT boots in a few days from AoM!Quote:Originally Posted by mosy
So I decided to stick with the jcrew pct and send back the wingtips. Maybe down the line I'll get the wingtips - thanks to those of you who pointed out that the pct from j crew is limited edition whereas the wt can be had down the road.
Now, based on the pics below, do the folds appear to be in the right place (size wise)?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also is it normal that the leather is making creaking noises as I move in the them, particularly the shaft? Is that because they are stiff, or does this mean they are indeed too small?
The creaking noise is definitely normal in my experience and goes away after a few wears. Every once in a while it comes back if they haven't been worn in a while. That's at least what I have found.
Those PCT boots look great. Enjoy!
I too want to get ahold of a Barrie Color 8 wingtip boot in the near future. I have to get over the hump of preorders I'm on first!
You'll have to post some pics during the day and report back after they've broken in some.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1009 Active Users (116 Members and 893 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Stunning $4000 NWT Borrelli Luxury Vintage Charcoal Grey Flannel... 25 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 39 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 45 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 55 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...