or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 781  

post #11701 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
New arrival, Snuff on Barrie last, flex welt, lined in the back, no lining on tongue or toe.

Chris, just out of curiousity, did you buy the same size in the unlined as you wear in other shoes on the Barrie? The reason I ask is that I had to go down an additional 1/2 size in the unlined PTBs that I have.
post #11702 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
New arrival, Snuff on Barrie last, flex welt, lined in the back, no lining on tongue or toe.

Where are these from? Been looking for snuff, most places only have sand or navy. Thanks!
post #11703 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
I would vote for commando, in terms of year round.
Likewise. I cannot see myself buying a pair of Alden with crepe sole. I have several pairs of Clarks DB's with crepe sole and they are kinda crap after about 2 seasons of constant wearing. At $95 a pair, I didn't worry. But with Aldens, I would. It's also impossible to keep the crepe sole clean. Once they're dirty...they're dirty.
post #11704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Likewise. I cannot see myself buying a pair of Alden with crepe sole. I have several pairs of Clarks DB's with crepe sole and they are kinda crap after about 2 seasons of constant wearing. At $95 a pair, I didn't worry. But with Aldens, I would. It's also impossible to keep the crepe sole clean. Once they're dirty...they're dirty.

The crepe sole that Alden uses is of much better quality than the crepe soles on Clark DBs
post #11705 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post
Chris, just out of curiousity, did you buy the same size in the unlined as you wear in other shoes on the Barrie? The reason I ask is that I had to go down an additional 1/2 size in the unlined PTBs that I have.

Same size, they fit the same. Do your unlined have the partial lining?
post #11706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by djh View Post
Where are these from? Been looking for snuff, most places only have sand or navy. Thanks!

Sherman Brothers
post #11707 of 122416
Doing a LWB on a low profile commando sole, cannot decide between ravello or No 8, HALP.
post #11708 of 122416


cigar indys in front of the notre dame ...

so i ran by the DC alden store and they have no idea about the special makeup of ravello captoes or whatever was mentioned earlier. whoever mentioned that could you please recheck your source on that one?!?!?
post #11709 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post


cigar indys in front of the notre dame ...

so i ran by the DC alden store and they have no idea about the special makeup of ravello captoes or whatever was mentioned earlier. whoever mentioned that could you please recheck your source on that one?!?!?

Last time I was in DC (maybe 3 weeks ago now - too many airplanes) I stopped by the Alden store and spoke w Kathy. We somehow got onto the ravello cap toes that I bought there (the shoes that Mac highlighted) and she told me the story about how they were a mistake but how much she loved them. Then she said "Maybe I'll do them again."

That's it.

When you were in, did you check out the blue suede bluchers? I have a pair arriving tomorrow.
post #11710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
Last time I was in DC (maybe 3 weeks ago now - too many airplanes) I stopped by the Alden store and spoke w Kathy. We somehow got onto the ravello cap toes that I bought there (the shoes that Mac highlighted) and she told me the story about how they were a mistake but how much she loved them. Then she said "Maybe I'll do them again."

That's it.

When you were in, did you check out the blue suede bluchers? I have a pair arriving tomorrow.

really thats so crazy. i spoke directly to kathy and she said she had no special make ups in ravello at all. she only had ravello longwings on order and had no plans and didnt know why i thought she had a special order and actually told me to check leather soul or leffot or carmel. i even said it was a mistake order on the plaza last and she still didnt budge. oh well.

if you talk to her again ask her if there was an asian kid that asked her about it today and then PM me if she figures herself out. then i can try again later lol
post #11711 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
really thats so crazy. i spoke directly to kathy and she said she had no special make ups in ravello at all. she only had ravello longwings on order and had no plans and didnt know why i thought she had a special order and actually told me to check leather soul or leffot or carmel. i even said it was a mistake order on the plaza last and she still didnt budge. oh well.

if you talk to her again ask her if there was an asian kid that asked her about it today and then PM me if she figures herself out. then i can try again later lol

Sounds like she was just telling someone what they wanted to hear. Happens all the time with sales people...
post #11712 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.m View Post
Doing a LWB on a low profile commando sole, cannot decide between ravello or No 8, HALP.
I would go Ravello. Its harder to find and looks great as a LWB. You can satisfy your No 8 itch through eBay, B&S, Brooks Brothers, etc.
post #11713 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
really thats so crazy. i spoke directly to kathy and she said she had no special make ups in ravello at all. she only had ravello longwings on order and had no plans and didnt know why i thought she had a special order and actually told me to check leather soul or leffot or carmel. i even said it was a mistake order on the plaza last and she still didnt budge. oh well.

if you talk to her again ask her if there was an asian kid that asked her about it today and then PM me if she figures herself out. then i can try again later lol

Ok, I think we need to resolve this issue. Mac posted his ravello cap toes, which he has posted before. Someone asked if they were a special make-up and who did them. The answer was that it was Alden DC that had them, but it was never planned bc Alden screwed up the order. These shoes were sold out quite a long time ago. Kathy does not have them now, never created them (bc it was a screwed up order), and does not have them on order now.

Contrary to what the other poster said, Kathy is not leading you on like sales people do.

Hope this fixes the mix-up.
post #11714 of 122416
thx that makes much better sense. now i can move on and continue my hunt for ravello and whiskey makeups to complete the holy cordovan grail
post #11715 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Same size, they fit the same. Do your unlined have the partial lining?

I actually own the exact same shoe along with the tan and navy versions. I do think the dimensions are the same as lined versions. However, the reason I went down by 1/2 compared to my lined Barries is that I felt like there was a lot of extra play in the unlined toe. Different strokes for different folks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.