Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7800post #116986 of 1224169/25/15 at 3:29pmpost #116987 of 1224169/25/15 at 3:34pmpost #116988 of 1224169/25/15 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by M635Guy
So I played product photographer this morning, and found out how bad I am at that...
Boots Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Concur with the others. Your photographs look superb. Very nicely laid out sir!Quote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Looking great in your Ravello LWBs as well!
-Mikepost #116989 of 1224169/25/15 at 3:48pmpost #116990 of 1224169/25/15 at 3:54pm
I LOVE the wonderfully cool boot weather we've had this week. Just took these off and find they are still one of my favorite boots. CXL is so comfortable.
I posted these images in response to a discussion on the Viberg thread about inconsistent creasing/rolling between left & right boots made of CXL. Other CXL boots that I've owned over the years have had some significant variation between left & right except these...Ultimate Jumpers x LS. The only CXL in the rotation.post #116991 of 1224169/25/15 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by wigglr
That makes me happy.... because mine arrive tomorrow!
Question for those of you that size up .5 in Barrie for the boot (I'm looking at the J. Crew PCT), but stay D width (I am 9.5D and questioning whether I can take a 10D). Do you find your regular Barrie size (in this case my 9.5D) tight, loose, etc?
It's amazing how much variation there is in this sizing question on the Jcrew captoe. I'm a tweener on Barrie but I typically go 8.5 and wear with thin socks. I generally size up for boots because I wear thicker socks. The Jcrew captoe is my only boot that I need to size up simply to wear a thin sock. Others report no difference but put me in the camp of those who find this model a little snugger than other barrie boots. Strange at how the responses vary so much on this .Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Wearing my Snuff Suede Wingtip Boots on the Plaza Last from Leffot today.
Boots are nice Mike (really nice) but I'm lovin the pants as well. I also like the discreet display of ankle. Don't see that very often with boots. Nicely played.post #116992 of 1224169/25/15 at 4:05pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDEN-Full-Strap-Penny-Loafers-Shell-Cordovan-Leather-Shoes-sz-10-5-C-/262065311863?hash=item3d044f5077
PSA for any 10.5 A/C's out there on the Aberdeen. Nice buy it now on a rare make-up. Not my listing.post #116993 of 1224169/25/15 at 4:33pmpost #116994 of 1224169/25/15 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by LittleViti
So...I may have underestimated how difficult the Van last is to fit on my recent acquisition of LHS in 11D. I sized down in accordance with my Barrie and Tremont wore them out sock less after an initial try on period and had one of my worst fit experiences thus far -- the strap was unbearably tight!
Do most people share this difficulty? And is there a recommended recourse--or is there just a required break in period? As I consider selling the 11D, I'm wondering if it's worth trying 11E or if the BB unlined might be more comfortable? Or is it just that LHS are not for everyone?
Interested in thoughts/experiences...and PM me if you've nailed down your fit on 11D and are looking for a below market pickup.
That was my exact experience. I went with Barrie sizing on the Van lasted 986 LHS. The strap was super tight and the heel was loose. I wore them sparingly for several months and while they've become somewhat more comfortable, I still don't enjoy wearing them as it becomes painful after an hour or so. Planning to sell them but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've concluded that the Van last just won't work for me.post #116995 of 1224169/25/15 at 5:04pmpost #116996 of 1224169/25/15 at 5:07pmpost #116997 of 1224169/25/15 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by wigglr
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maiden voyage of LWB #8 antique edge
These look unreal! Great color on these. Further confirming I need a pair. They look amazing, my friend. Enjoy them and wear often!Quote:Originally Posted by JSO1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Amazing shade of Ravello, bud. Much nicer than my short-lived Brownvello of 2014. They look great!post #116998 of 1224169/25/15 at 5:56pmpost #116999 of 1224169/25/15 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rstldr
Looking sharp Uncle. Your posts have been an inspiration to me for a while, both the pictures and responses to others. It's great to see you back on this thread! Not only has my shoe wardrobe been enhanced with handful of Alden shoes and boots (and 2 more on the way) but the fine folks at customshirt1 delivered some beautiful argyle Marcoliani socks yesterday! Have a great weekend!
looking forward to your posting
Alex is the bestpost #117000 of 1224169/25/15 at 6:07pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 15 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 18 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...