or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7786  

post #116776 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

Looks like J. Crew put a stop to the Alden with promo. It now says excluded. My wallet let's out a sigh of relief.

I assume this is their MO did drumming up some business and traffic as opposed to incompetence? I'm glad I got in under the window, and I assume they honor these orders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorioussiry View Post

I thought Jcrew prevents Aldens from being returned to the store by marking the Alden logo with a marker?
Is this true?

My understanding was this was for seconds, damaged/used returns and anything sold through a secondary seller. If they've marked the shoes I just ordered, there are going to be some serious problems...
post #116777 of 122416
Mahogany Alpine Grain LHS:






post #116778 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 


Thanks!  I'll reach out to Yenni about it.  For some reason, I thought I heard this was going to be made in the Dover pattern; but I could be wrong

 

what indicates the 'dover' pattern in comparison to other PTB's? i am on the B&M order for the #8 PTB antique order. i do remember seeing somewhere that these were dovers. 

post #116779 of 122416
Shell dovers are unlined and feature that slant nose toe box

The fit is also snugger ime but since it's Barrie it's welcome
post #116780 of 122416

As promised, here are the photos of my pair of Alden x Leffot "Hudson" captoes in brown regina grain on a commando sole. Very cool makeup - should serve me well in the winter. I needed something somewhat dressy and formal, but still wintry and rugged. These seem to fit the bill perfectly.

 

These are also my first pair on the Hampton last. I went TTS - 8.5D, and find they fit very similarly to the Aberdeen last. A little rounder in the toe. Hampton is an interesting shape.

 

 

 

 

 

post #116781 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

As promised, here are the photos of my pair of Alden x Leffot "Hudson" captoes in brown regina grain on a commando sole. Very cool makeup - should serve me well in the winter. I needed something somewhat dressy and formal, but still wintry and rugged. These seem to fit the bill perfectly.

These are also my first pair on the Hampton last. I went TTS - 8.5D, and find they fit very similarly to the Aberdeen last. A little rounder in the toe. Hampton is an interesting shape.















Excellent pics of these shoes.... much better than on Leffot's site. Congrats!
post #116782 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

EP Alt Wien

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

But what's on your left foot, @Don L??? :lol:

post #116783 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

Excellent pics of these shoes.... much better than on Leffot's site. Congrats!
I was going to say exactly the same. They look great. The proportions with the sole looked wonky on Leffot's site.
post #116784 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

 

But what's on your left foot, @Don L??? :lol:

Funny story there.  Was in the middle of switching out my Alt Wien's for my Cigar SWB's which I am still breaking in on carpet.  A client came in when I was half done.

Got busy and took a break to take my shofie shots and didn't realize I had one of each on.  Posted my outfit pic on the EP thread and someone pointed it out.  Looked down and went 

 


Edited by Don L - 9/21/15 at 3:49pm
post #116785 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorioussiry View Post

I thought Jcrew prevents Aldens from being returned to the store by marking the Alden logo with a marker?
Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

I assume this is their MO did drumming up some business and traffic as opposed to incompetence? I'm glad I got in under the window, and I assume they honor these orders?
My understanding was this was for seconds, damaged/used returns and anything sold through a secondary seller. If they've marked the shoes I just ordered, there are going to be some serious problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post

I just returned a pair of #8 PCT to the store without a problem.

The marked insoles are for shoes sold at the J. Crew outlets (not factory store but actual outlet). eBay is flooded with them. Those you can't return to store. If you are buying shoes from J. Crew directly insole will not be marked and I've returned Aldens to J. Crew that I bought online.
post #116786 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 


You are all the little devil on my shoulder saying "BUY IT!!!", still considering it, but secretly hoping someone buys the 8D so I don't. Worst case, J.Crew returns are so easy that I could return them if I change my mind.  I'll think it over while at lunch. :)

 

On a side note, I am also interested in a pair of color 8 PTB's with antique edge.  I know Leffot has the dover version that comes up, but is there any like the 990 with antique edge?

 

Like this (this is at END clothing but it's burgundy calfskin, not shell):

 

Leffot also makes a Shell version of these with the antique edge and welt but on a crepe sole....

post #116787 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Funny story there.  Was in the middle of switching out my Alt Wien's for my Cigar SWB's which I am still breaking in on carpet.  A client came in when I was half done.
Got busy and took a break to take my shofie shots and didn't realize I had one of each on.  Posted my outfit pic on the EP thread and someone pointed it out.  Looked down and went 


u
Fan-bloody-tactic!! Love the story.
post #116788 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whoa! Great stuff, Saz.

thank you
post #116789 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Funny story there.  Was in the middle of switching out my Alt Wien's for my Cigar SWB's which I am still breaking in on carpet.  A client came in when I was half done.

Got busy and took a break to take my shofie shots and didn't realize I had one of each on.  Posted my outfit pic on the EP thread and someone pointed it out.  Looked down and went 

 


You will probably start a new SF trend if you will just delete that and say it was intentional.

post #116790 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


Those look great - congrats - and the crepe sole which I originally dismissed is now a favorite of mine - if you are wearing casual and going to be on your feet or walking a lot the crepe is a winner. Here is a pic of mine.


Hey K-75,

Those look like the BB model I've been contemplating. If so, how'd you size? They were never able to say anything definitive on the last when I asked. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.