or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7784  

post #116746 of 122416
Breaking in the Context Clothing Tankers.


post #116747 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by J One View Post

Breaking in the Context Clothing Tankers.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nice. Great color on these.
post #116748 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Shame that J.Crew doesn't have any styles that I want to buy. I already have 975s and their PCT #8 boot.

All they seem to have are longwings, Indy boots (which I don't like), and crepe sole suede chukkas, which are too casual for my needs.

Hope you guys snag as much as you can before they take it down!

Agreed that pickings are slim... I see they took down the natty chromexcel dovers, and some others that were recently on the site.

I was on the fence about the 4060's but pulled the trigger at that price. I don't think I am an Indy fan either but I am going to check them out at home and determine.
post #116749 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Shame that J.Crew doesn't have any styles that I want to buy. I already have 975s and their PCT #8 boot.



All they seem to have are longwings, Indy boots (which I don't like), and crepe sole suede chukkas, which are too casual for my needs.



Hope you guys snag as much as you can before they take it down!


Agreed that pickings are slim... I see they took down the natty chromexcel dovers, and some others that were recently on the site.



I was on the fence about the 4060's but pulled the trigger at that price. I don't think I am an Indy fan either but I am going to check them out at home and determine.

 



I assume you mean you got the PCT boot. The 4060 is a regular captoe. If there is a 4060 hiding off the main site as they sometimes do I'd be up for that. I'd love to pull the trigger on the PCT now but I know I would still desire the Leffot Naval.

Just wish they had some better offerings as well. The #8 indy page still says sold out. Still kinda regret canceling that order.
post #116750 of 122416

Ack!  I wasn't planning on buying ANOTHER paid, but 25% off the waxed tobacco longwings was enough to make me at least try them.  My very-similar J&M  longwings didn't hold up well to a year of moderately heavy wear and really need some TLC and probably refurb.  Since that is $115, 25% off and saving the refurb money...

 

Ugh...

 

 

Re: the comments on the Indy's, I had never considered a boot, and frankly most photos of the Indy boot leave me a little cold.  Seeing them in person and wearing them is another matter...

 

I'm assuming on-line orders can be returned at your local JCrew, so it seems like a pretty low-risk order if you're on the fence...


Edited by M635Guy - 9/21/15 at 7:17am
post #116751 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

Ack!  I wasn't planning on buying ANOTHER paid, but 25% off the waxed tobacco longwings was enough to make me at least try them.  My very-similar J&M  longwings didn't hold up well to a year of moderately heavy wear and really need some TLC and probably refurb.  Since that is $115, 25% off and saving the refurb money...

 

Ugh...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Re: the comments on the Indy's, I had never considered a boot, and frankly most photos of the Indy boot leave me a little cold.  Seeing them in person and wearing them is another matter...

 

I'm assuming on-line orders can be returned at your local JCrew, so it seems like a pretty low-risk order if you're on the fence...

 

It took all I could do to not pull the trigger on this shoe....would be my fist alden wing... I know it is fodder for banishment but I prefer this to the #8...I am ducking.

 

My budget got blown this month by an unexpected purchase of a Viberg and an Alden suede loafer(ebay)...

post #116752 of 122416

Well, they're backordered, so I'm not sure if they wait until they're in stock to actually charge you. Supposedly the ship date on those longwings is mid-October.

post #116753 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Vintage Indys maiden voyage.

 

Whoa! Great stuff, Saz.

post #116754 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

Well, they're backordered, so I'm not sure if they wait until they're in stock to actually charge you. Supposedly the ship date on those longwings is mid-October.

I think mine showed in-stock when I was clicking...  Will check and report.

post #116755 of 122416
Dark tan wingtip boots X TSM today


I was tempted with the J.Crew hunter green suede chukka. No experience with the crepe sole but seems like a nice makeup.
post #116756 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Dark tan wingtip boots X TSM today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I was tempted with the J.Crew hunter green suede chukka. No experience with the crepe sole but seems like a nice makeup.

 

 

Those look great - congrats - and the crepe sole which I originally dismissed is now a favorite of mine - if you are wearing casual and going to be on your feet or walking a lot the crepe is a winner. Here is a pic of mine.

post #116757 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Dark tan wingtip boots X TSM today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I was tempted with the J.Crew hunter green suede chukka. No experience with the crepe sole but seems like a nice makeup.

 

Green suede is awesome! Nice boots.

post #116758 of 122416

UM Hallecks, paired with EP Air Force Blue Merino trousers.

 

post #116759 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Dark tan wingtip boots X TSM today


I was tempted with the J.Crew hunter green suede chukka. No experience with the crepe sole but seems like a nice makeup.

Go for it! Believe it or not, that's my dream chukka. I just can't get it in extra wide. frown.gif
post #116760 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Go for it! Believe it or not, that's my dream chukka. I just can't get it in extra wide. frown.gif


You are all the little devil on my shoulder saying "BUY IT!!!", still considering it, but secretly hoping someone buys the 8D so I don't. Worst case, J.Crew returns are so easy that I could return them if I change my mind.  I'll think it over while at lunch. :)

 

On a side note, I am also interested in a pair of color 8 PTB's with antique edge.  I know Leffot has the dover version that comes up, but is there any like the 990 with antique edge?

 

Like this (this is at END clothing but it's burgundy calfskin, not shell):

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.