Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7782post #116716 of 1224169/20/15 at 9:00ampost #116717 of 1224169/20/15 at 10:03ampost #116718 of 1224169/20/15 at 11:13ampost #116719 of 1224169/20/15 at 11:16amI'm strongly considering Monday's Leffot preorder except a) I have no experience with Alden calf and b) I have furthermore no experience with unlined Alden calf. These are the black alpine grain dovers on a flex sole. Any guidance in terms of how these will age, how much stretch I'll end up experiencing?
Appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!post #116720 of 1224169/20/15 at 11:26amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Looking great Marv in your boots and selvedge.
DS, great looking Ravello Boats. Always a terrific choice. TheShoeMart is a great store to visit, glad that you enjoyed it. Plaza = Awesomeness.
Looking good in your bergs.
The 990 is a great and classic model and is a staple in most men's wardrobes. Yours look superb and should take good care of you.
Nice Cigars. They look very nice and cool change with the dark edges.
Love the snuff. Looking great in a comfy LHS.
Nice Whiskey PTBs. Hope that you enjoyed your new Denim.
Those are two very nice looking LHSes. Interesting how the left pair looks much more sleek than the right pair. Are they both Alden LHSes? The right one looks like it is, is the left C&J Harvard?
Those are great. They have an interesting hue with the red pants... Look more aqua here.
Nice looking JCrew PCTs. Looking great. Glad that they are feeling good.
Those have a great patina Don! Looking great!
Thanks for the Whiskey Wednesday PTBs Buz. I had to change plans due to a rain forecast...
Looking good Alec! Hope that you had a great day with your Color 8 LHSes.
Those are great looking loafers.
Patrick, your Snuff WT Boots are looking great!
Don, you are looking great in your Snuff LHSes and rad pants. Hope that you had a great day!
Looking superb DV!!!!!!!!! Love them Color #4s. Great week for you.
Your boots and chukkas both looking great!
thanks for the kind words gentlemen.post #116721 of 1224169/20/15 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
Congrats on your purchase; sorry about your discomfort. I'm an 8.5d barrie/van/tru. I have these in snuff and dark brown suede, as well as in whiskey. In my experience, they all started out super painful across the vamp. I took several weeks with each pair and wore them around the house like they were slippers. No socks, just tolerating the discomfort for as long as I could. The cork eventually settles in and your foot sinks in significantly after a few weeks. The vamp will relax a bit too. If anything, my snuff loafers almost feel too loose now (although they are now fully slipper-like). The shell loafers, which I thought would always be too tight, are now perfect. I would stay the course. If you just wear them at home for a few weeks, you can always sell them later if they don't work out. Fingers crossed that you achieve the same result!! Enjoy in great health!
ty friend - let's hope I can do the same. following your method, hopefully I have your results.post #116722 of 1224169/20/15 at 1:43pmpost #116723 of 1224169/20/15 at 1:47pmpost #116724 of 1224169/20/15 at 2:31pmpost #116725 of 1224169/20/15 at 3:46pm
I'm getting ready for my boots, and looking for more of a matte finish than shine. My understanding is that is where Saphir Pommadier Cream Shoe Polish leaves the shoe. Anyone matched that Saphir product to the Burnished Tan Calf?
I was just going to order it in Neutral, but on the AoC Alden care thread they specifically say not to use a neutral polish. Thoughts?
Would also be interested in hearing about any experiences with using Aldens Tan Paste Wax - I'm assuming more high-gloss with that...
(BTW - I did search, but saw only very general information)post #116726 of 1224169/20/15 at 4:25pmpost #116727 of 1224169/20/15 at 4:47pmpost #116728 of 1224169/20/15 at 4:48pmpost #116729 of 1224169/20/15 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by shoetreeQuote:Those look great. Hope you enjoy them.Originally Posted by sazon
Vintage Indys maiden voyage.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really great looking...congrats. if I didn't have similar colored leather from another manufacturer those would be an instant buy.post #116730 of 1224169/20/15 at 5:21pmQuote:
I figured it'll probably never happen from Alden again, and if it does it'll be impossible to get. Enzo Bonafe has #4 shell and a few of us are due to receive a captoe jumper boot it said shell. Speedhooks, 360 welt on Dainite. If you're interested reach out to Skoak and get a MTO going ;-)
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › New to nice suits: athletic build fit and fabric advice please! 14 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 27 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 43 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 44 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 45 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...