or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7731  

post #115951 of 122416
Sorry - I should have been more specific. I am comparing the Brown TSM's (Style #: 44611H) to the Leffot's.

Leather - Somehow I missed the comment in their description at the bottom that it is the "Brown Alpine Grain" leather. So I think the two shoes have the same leather.

Welt: The TSW Brown CXL's do appear to have a flat welt, but the TSW Brown (Brown Alpine) seem to have a reverse welt
(from the TSW site)



Now I understand the leather vs. commando sole. I'm in the technology industry, and I'm amazed how much terminology there is here! wink.gif

Also now noticing the brass vs. dark eyelet/hardware (on the TSW's).

I might sit tight and hunt for a brown cxl nst...
post #115952 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Sorry - I should have been more specific. I am comparing the Brown TSM's (Style #: 44611H) to the Leffot's.



Leather - Somehow I missed the comment in their description at the bottom that it is the "Brown Alpine Grain" leather. So I think the two shoes have the same leather.



Welt: The TSW Brown CXL's do appear to have a flat welt, but the TSW Brown (Brown Alpine) seem to have a reverse welt

(from the TSW site)







Now I understand the leather vs. commando sole. I'm in the technology industry, and I'm amazed how much terminology there is here! wink.gif



Also now noticing the brass vs. dark eyelet/hardware (on the TSW's).



I might sit tight and hunt for a brown cxl nst...

 


it is my mistake:) almost misleading you!
post #115953 of 122416
AoM finally has a website that is not designed in the 90's!

www.aldenmadison.com looks great!
post #115954 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

AoM finally has a website that is not designed in the 90's!

www.aldenmadison.com looks great!

Looks good , funny that they used a pic of the NeedSupply Tan suede Indy which they don't carry and a pic from Haberdash(nat cxl LWB)
post #115955 of 122416


I snaged a pair of the longwings in dark brown calf yesterday for 388. thanks.

 

Today the code does not work. They must of realized they made a mistake.

post #115956 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

J. Crew coupon doesn't work on the 975s. :/ Doesn't even allow for coupon codes to be entered.


I snaged a pair of the longwings in dark brown calf yesterday for $388. thanks.

 

Today the code does not work. They must of realized they made a mistake.

post #115957 of 122416
Those codes never last more than a few minutes, congrats to everyone who got something and as always thanks to the poster who brought it to our attention, I love sharing the wealth.

The new PCT from TSM bests the classic JCrew version for me, love all eyelets on that boot. Hard to resist, and I agree it is not Barrie, probably Grant.
post #115958 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

AoM finally has a website that is not designed in the 90's!

www.aldenmadison.com looks great!


Looks so much better!  Much cleaner interface & matches the Alden brand much better

post #115959 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Sorry - I should have been more specific. I am comparing the Brown TSM's (Style #: 44611H) to the Leffot's.

Leather - Somehow I missed the comment in their description at the bottom that it is the "Brown Alpine Grain" leather. So I think the two shoes have the same leather.

Welt: The TSW Brown CXL's do appear to have a flat welt, but the TSW Brown (Brown Alpine) seem to have a reverse welt
(from the TSW site) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Now I understand the leather vs. commando sole. I'm in the technology industry, and I'm amazed how much terminology there is here! wink.gif

Also now noticing the brass vs. dark eyelet/hardware (on the TSW's).

I might sit tight and hunt for a brown cxl nst...

This is one of my favorite boots hands down - Unionmade build - Even though the Alpine grain leather feels way to thin to me I still consider this in my top 5..the all eyelets and brass really make it pop.

 

 

post #115960 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post

Those codes never last more than a few minutes, congrats to everyone who got something and as always thanks to the poster who brought it to our attention, I love sharing the wealth.

The new PCT from TSM bests the classic JCrew version for me, love all eyelets on that boot. Hard to resist, and I agree it is not Barrie, probably Grant.

 

 

Over the last 3 years thanks to this thread, I've picked up the snuff barrie chukka on crepe, color 8 975 and 1339 for discounts from 25-35% off. As has been mentioned, the fine Alden sleuths always seem to pick up that small window of time when the codes "mistakenly" work.

 

I remember missing out by a few minutes on the PCT boots so when I read about them working again, I pounced.

 

 

 

 

Barrie snuff on crepe next to tan leydon on flexwelt for reference.

 

post #115961 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post

Those codes never last more than a few minutes, congrats to everyone who got something and as always thanks to the poster who brought it to our attention, I love sharing the wealth.

The new PCT from TSM bests the classic JCrew version for me, love all eyelets on that boot. Hard to resist, and I agree it is not Barrie, probably Grant.

Ed told me the new pct boot was on the grant last.
post #115962 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post


The new PCT from TSM bests the classic JCrew version for me, love all eyelets on that boot. Hard to resist, and I agree it is not Barrie, probably Grant.

Sorry if I missed it, but are there any more details of the new TSM boot? I checked their site and I didn't see anything new.

post #115963 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveketchup View Post
 

Sorry if I missed it, but are there any more details of the new TSM boot? I checked their site and I didn't see anything new.


This was the product link: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-5-eyelet-perforated-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-8/pvc-ald-mxsbd-d5812_ald_m_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

 

Which for whatever reason isn't working now.  Maybe they are updating it with the details

post #115964 of 122416
post #115965 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

This is one of my favorite boots hands down - Unionmade build - Even though the Alpine grain leather feels way to thin to me I still consider this in my top 5..the all eyelets and brass really make it pop.




I have the shoe version of this (EPaulet's Bregenz) and love it for casual wear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.