or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7730  

post #115936 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Alden Cigar Shortwing Bluchers.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

 

Looks great, Mike. 

post #115937 of 122416
I received my first shell today. Color 8 parajumper from Frans. Beautiful boot, but concerned it is too dressy for my business casual wardrobe? I have been looking at the Leffot or Context tanker but don't move fast enough to get on pre-order. I had decided to go with Jcrew PCT.... but then the parajumper showed up at Frans. While I wanted a more dressier boot as all my boots fall on the more casual side I am concerned parajumper may be too dressy and wonder if JCrew would be a better first shell?
post #115938 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalt View Post

I received my first shell today. Color 8 parajumper from Frans. Beautiful boot, but concerned it is too dressy for my business casual wardrobe? I have been looking at the Leffot or Context tanker but don't move fast enough to get on pre-order. I had decided to go with Jcrew PCT.... but then the parajumper showed up at Frans. While I wanted a more dressier boot as all my boots fall on the more casual side I am concerned parajumper may be too dressy and wonder if JCrew would be a better first shell?

 

I think both the FB parajumper and the Jcrew PCT boot are both perfect for business casual attire!

 

The FB parajumper is certainly not too dressy esp. with those brass hardware. You made a wise decision, enjoy them in good health!

post #115939 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalt View Post

I received my first shell today. Color 8 parajumper from Frans. Beautiful boot, but concerned it is too dressy for my business casual wardrobe? I have been looking at the Leffot or Context tanker but don't move fast enough to get on pre-order. I had decided to go with Jcrew PCT.... but then the parajumper showed up at Frans. While I wanted a more dressier boot as all my boots fall on the more casual side I am concerned parajumper may be too dressy and wonder if JCrew would be a better first shell?

 


If i were you i will keep the parajumper as it will discontinue(No more brass eyelet for colour 8 shell cordovan). Just wait for the leffot naval boot as the 2nd pair!
post #115940 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalt View Post

I received my first shell today. Color 8 parajumper from Frans. Beautiful boot, but concerned it is too dressy for my business casual wardrobe? I have been looking at the Leffot or Context tanker but don't move fast enough to get on pre-order. I had decided to go with Jcrew PCT.... but then the parajumper showed up at Frans. While I wanted a more dressier boot as all my boots fall on the more casual side I am concerned parajumper may be too dressy and wonder if JCrew would be a better first shell?

 





Deleted;
post #115941 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden Cigar Shortwing Bluchers. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


















-Mike

Transcendent as always, Mike.

Being somewhat local, I drove to The Shoe Mart today to see about Alden "irregulars." While I was secretly hoping to luck into a just-delivered whiskey cap toe [anything], this obviously did not happen, however it was still great to see the actual store behind the online candyland.

The attending salesman, Bob, was awesomely accommodating. He had an answer for my every question as I walked multiple laps around the store, and finally he let me take a few shots of the piece of Shell Cordovan they had on display against a white background.

They have a killer version of the J. Crew PCT on display that I did not see on their Web site - It's the same boot but has all eyelets and no speed hooks. I definitely would have chosen this version to be able to wear them more easily with dress pants.

I'm also now on the list for a pair of Ravello wing tip boots, which will hopefully happen in my lifetime. fistbump.gif















Also:






My second pair of Alden boots, 401 Indy in black calf. These were taken after a coat of VSC and a lot of brushing:












I did not own a pair of presentable black boots prior to these, so they definitely fill a need. They are also my first pair of Indy boots, and I'm sure it is no surprise that they were extremely comfortable out of the box. I can't wait to find an excuse to wear them.
Edited by CMT1 - 9/3/15 at 9:00pm
post #115942 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Transcendent as always, Mike.

Being somewhat local, I drove to The Shoe Mart today to see about Alden "irregulars." While I was secretly hoping to luck into a just-delivered whiskey cap toe [anything], this obviously did not happen, however it was still a great to see the actual store behind the online candyland.

The attending salesman, Bob, was awesomely accommodating. He had an answer for my every question as I walked multiple laps around the store, and finally he let me take a few shots of the piece of Shell Cordovan they had on display against a white background.

They have a killer version of the J. Crew PCT on display that I did not see on their Web site - It's the same boot but has all eyelets and no speed hooks. I definitely would have chosen this version to be able to wear them more easily with dress pants.

I'm also now on the list for a pair of Ravello wing tip boots, which will hopefully happen in my lifetime. fistbump.gif















Also:






My second pair of Alden boots, 401 Indy in black calf. These were taken after a coat of VSC and a lot of brushing:












I did not own a pair of presentable black boots prior to these, so they definitely fill a need. They are also my first pair of Indy boots, and I'm sure it is no surprise that they were extremely comfortable out of the box. I can't wait to find an excuse to wear them.

 

Thanks for sharing! Seems you had a really great time there! Hope I could visit them in my next visit to the US.

 

Speaking of the Jcrew alike PCT boot, is this what you saw in the store? Looks very similar to the JCrew PCT boot but I think they are not on the same last as the Jcrew's.

 

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-5-eyelet-perforated-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-8/pvc-ald-mxsbd-d5812_ald_m_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html?fullweb=1

post #115943 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

Thanks for sharing! Seems you had a really great time there! Hope I could visit them in my next visit to the US.

Speaking of the Jcrew alike PCT boot, is this what you saw in the store? Looks very similar to the JCrew PCT boot but I think they are not on the same last as the Jcrew's.

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-5-eyelet-perforated-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-8/pvc-ald-mxsbd-d5812_ald_m_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html?fullweb=1

The same! Nice! I am obviously wrong that they are not currently listed - When I ordered my J. Crew PCT a few weeks ago they were not listed on the Shoemart Web site.
post #115944 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post


The same! Nice! I am obviously wrong that they are not currently listed - When I ordered my J. Crew PCT a few weeks ago they were not listed on the Shoemart Web site.

 

I think they are newly listed on the website as there is no product info yet. TSM tends to put the product online first and add the description later. Looks like they are on the Grant last. Great looking boots!!

post #115945 of 122416
I'm considering another Alden boot, but I can't tell if the two boots below are the same or just very similar.

First is the TSW "Alden Men's 5 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot" in Brown: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_5_eyelet_wing_tip_boot_brown_chromexcel/pvc-ald-mxsbd-d4809h_ald_m_5_eyelet_wing_tip_boot.html

The second is the "ALDEN X LEFFOT GREENWICH BOOT" in "Brown Alpine": http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/44696-pre-order-shortwing-boot.html

They both appear to have a brown pebbled leather, barrie last, brass eyelets/hardware, etc. I can't tell what sole is on the TSW shoe (I'd call but I'm currently in Japan and booked dawn until late evenings every night so far). The TSW is referred to as a "Bootmaker's Edition", which I understand is their name for makeups - are there a common set of details they use that would be different from the Leffot boots?

Any help/thoughts are appreciated - I'm new to the scene here smile.gif.
post #115946 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

I'm considering another Alden boot, but I can't tell if the two boots below are the same or just very similar.



First is the TSW "Alden Men's 5 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot" in Brown: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_5_eyelet_wing_tip_boot_brown_chromexcel/pvc-ald-mxsbd-d4809h_ald_m_5_eyelet_wing_tip_boot.html



The second is the "ALDEN X LEFFOT GREENWICH BOOT" in "Brown Alpine": http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/44696-pre-order-shortwing-boot.html



They both appear to have a brown pebbled leather, barrie last, brass eyelets/hardware, etc. I can't tell what sole is on the TSW shoe (I'd call but I'm currently in Japan and booked dawn until late evenings every night so far). The TSW is referred to as a "Bootmaker's Edition", which I understand is their name for makeups - are there a common set of details they use that would be different from the Leffot boots?



Any help/thoughts are appreciated - I'm new to the scene here smile.gif.

 


I will try to point out the differences as a noob..

For TSM Style #: 44611H vs leffot , the difference will be Leffot version is made in brass eyelet and commando sole while tsm version do not have brass eyelet and made in leather sole.

For TSM D4809H Brown Chromexcel Leather and D4810H Navy Chromexcel Leather vs leffot.

1. The leffot version is made in reverse welt and TSm version is made in flat welt. The TSM version will look more sleek. You may google reverse welt and flat welt
2. The leffot version is made in commando sole and TSM version is made in leather sole. I prefer leather sole on wing tip boot
3. All special made up for TSM will have bootmaker edition inside the shoes, and of course if it is leffot special make up, there will be a logo marked with made exclusive for Leffot smile.gif you can browse the shoes in leffot website.

I will vote for the TSM version, but it is my opinion only.
Edited by aldennoob - 9/3/15 at 11:59pm
post #115947 of 122416
out of the mouths of noobs
post #115948 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

out of the mouths of noobs

 


yes i found that there are 3 version of wing tip boot in TSM and i edited. Hope i corrected the mistake smile.gif
post #115949 of 122416
you did well; great eye!
post #115950 of 122416

^ you are too good to be a noob lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.