awesome, so now no pics are loading itt.. is it an isolated problem on my end?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7723post #115832 of 1224169/2/15 at 3:55pmpost #115833 of 1224169/2/15 at 3:56pmI've generally had success, but lately it's getting tedious and becoming a waste of time. I try to price fairly, but I've been getting alot of dead beat high bidders and once the high bidder backs out, second chance offers don't go through. I also get alot of people wanting me to ship outside of the global shipping program and want stuff marked as gifts.
The notion that people are profiting off of resales and rare shell is pretty thin, once you factor time, effort, time value of money and eBay % you lose 9.9x out of ten. The best I've done is breakeven trying to clean out pairs that are not getting or have never gotten any use. But I don't really know of any other platform that is better to help monetize unwanted shell and various impulse purchases.post #115834 of 1224169/2/15 at 3:56pmQuote:
Yeah it's painful now compared to before. I see really well priced great items in B&S that don't seem to move. Lots of low ball offers too.post #115835 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:00pmQuote:
I've never used GYW... seems like a less clean navigation... my mind feels clusterf***ed hahahapost #115836 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:03pmpost #115837 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:04pmQuote:
Yeah, 'rare' shell tend to sell pretty high on eBay, but you'll get an occasional good deal. I still buy/sell on eBay but I'll avoid selling if possible because the fees are so high (which is another reason why people list items so high). I listed a few items here, might try Grailed, and last resort is eBay.
Selling here on SF would be a lot easier if there was a better search/filter options set up for buyers. EX. if we could filter by size and brandpost #115838 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
can one you fine gentleman with greater alden knowledge explain the '12' on the far right of the pic below? I received this pair of aldens, in the wrong size from what I ordered (on ebay), and am just trying to get my ammunition together with the seller. They are clearly 11D's, but they were listed as 12's (assuming from the 12 on the far right)..
Whats that 12 designate?
Thanks in advance!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The 12 notes that this pair of shoes was the 12th pair made in the order. The size is clear in your photos these are an 11d.post #115839 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:41pmIMO selling on gr@iled and gyw is okay but eBay is where you really get a lot of action. Of course, you're paying the fees on eBay so maybe an $800 listing there nets you the same as a $700 listing on the other sites.
I've had dreadful luck selling on SF in the last year. I've listed things here and sold them on other places for a higher price almost immediately.post #115840 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:49pmpost #115841 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:51pmGuess I have caught the bug. Here is my small collection. Tiny compared to most. Got the Indys about a year ago and added the Chukkas and Dovers over the last month. I wear business casual to work and raw denim on the weekends so these work well so far. Would love to add a LWB or a shell, just not sure which route to go. I think color 8 LWB might be a little to dressy for my style.
Edited by usfpaul82 - 9/2/15 at 5:37pmpost #115842 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:52pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Quote:
thanks for the kind words gentlemen.Quote:Originally Posted by TactileOne
Thoughts on the two boots I've narrowed my next purchase to please. Plan on primarily casual use during the winter here in Atlanta.
Thanks in advance.
ep taunton. im an alpine grain kind of guy.
so nice sir.post #115843 of 1224169/2/15 at 4:55pmI've only really started rebuilding my shoe wardrobe for about 9 months. I definitely thought the B&S forum here would be 10.5D Barrie heaven, and it's cruel luck that almost no one active in this thread is that size
I've sniffed a couple things from members here but nothing has worked out so far. Ebay has still been the king IMO. It's slooow going there, a lot of the same thing for months on end (who in their right mind keeps paying to relist a $100 pair of beat to shit shoes?)... but I've gotten the following in the past few months:
Tan suede LWB from Leather Soul, almost new, $210
Brand new snuff suede LHS, $299
Almost new 405's, $240
Ebay is still where most (not all) folks dump ill fitting/closet cleanouts. I wish this forum got more action, it does seem to be pretty good for other sizes.post #115844 of 1224169/2/15 at 5:30pmpost #115845 of 1224169/2/15 at 5:44pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 seconds ago
- › A.P.C. New Standard, Raw Selvedge Indigo, Size 32 50 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...