Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7718post #115756 of 1224169/1/15 at 3:29pmpost #115757 of 1224169/1/15 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLVol
I wasn't sure what to expect on the finish, or lack thereof, but I really like it.....especially since I plan on wearing them with more casual pants.
Not sure when these were made, but the cigar has a fanastic shade that is much lighter/more olive than other cigar models I currently own or have seen in the past.
What is the run number on them? I believe they were done for Leffot in the 2011-2012 range. The run number will be the long number that isn't the sizing information or model number... The run number should start with a Single Digit followed by a Letter. That leading single digit will be the year that it was made...
-Mikepost #115758 of 1224169/1/15 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Handcuffed
Sorry, I have more Aldens than any other brand of shoe but that price from Context is outrageous. I honestly wonder if it's a typo and should be $7xx. And I don't think Alden compares very favorably to C&J so the idea that C&J shell can be had cheaper is pretty funny to me...
I agree that C&J quality and finishing is a notch above Alden but I don't think you can get C&J shell boots for much less that $1K now, unless it's some special.post #115759 of 1224169/1/15 at 3:57pmpost #115760 of 1224169/1/15 at 3:59pmpost #115761 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:02pmpost #115762 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:04pm
Looking splendid! Do you wear those in sunlight much? This is exactly what I want my pair to look like, but they are still very dark. I hate to just leave them sitting outside in direct sunlight, but that might be what it takes.post #115763 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:10pmpost #115764 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:36pm
Thanks. My shoefie session actually got interrupted by a coworker so I posted what I had haha.Quote:
Thanks DV. They went for a little bit more than I had hoped but I always told myself I would bid high if some ever came around. Your pair is what made me fall in love with these.Quote:
I actually opened up my search criteria to find them. I just ran "Alden" through the eBay search bar and set a size restriction of 9, 9.5 & 10. I believe these would be a bit big for your feet at 10D Barrie. I'm in between 9.5 and 10 in Barrie so I figured with them being oxfords and my high instep that 10 would be best. They fit great!
Thanks.post #115765 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:42pmpost #115766 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:51pmpost #115767 of 1224169/1/15 at 4:56pmAnother data point on a long discussed subject.
Recently picked up Alden for BB unlined shell lhs in 8.5d. Could barely get them on my feet - way too small.
I have a great fit in my 8.5d ultimate Indy boots.
I have tried on Van last lhs 8.5d before and they fit great...but these Bb models are way smallerpost #115768 of 1224169/1/15 at 5:39pmpost #115769 of 1224169/1/15 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
cigar boot x anatomica
You are looking good today in your Cigars.Quote:Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck
Finally broke these newbies out today after Nano was applied.
Thanks again to Leffot. Loving these.
Congrats on your new acquisition. That is a great blucher.
-Mikepost #115770 of 1224169/1/15 at 5:57pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 second ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 11 minutes ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 23 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 31 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...